Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-06-2023, 04:40 PM   #5369
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

If you move Tyler Smith to right tackle, you improve at that spot, but then you subsequently have to replace the #3 ranked offensive guard in football, per PFF.

Maybe Asim Richards or T.J. Bass can fill in adequately at guard, but we haven't seen yet that either are ready. I'd personally be a little more comfortable if Matt Waletzko was eligible to return this season, but he's not.

The way I see it, it comes down to whether you'd prefer to play Chuma Edoga at guard when he's already the designated Tyron Smith injury replacement, or whether you want to stick it out with Terence Steele at RT and hope he can get back to form.
Old 11-06-2023, 04:56 PM   #5370
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbked
Cooper had to go bc someone has to take the blame for Dak ****ting the bed every year ...
Amari Cooper is no longer a Dallas Cowboy because he mentally checked out of his final game with the team against the 49ers (the first of their two most recent playoff exits).

That was after Cooper was pulled off the field by the coaching staff during the final drive of a pivotal December game against Eagles in 2019 (a loss which cost the Cowboys a playoff spot).

If you're going to pay a WR1 market rate money, you have to know he's not going to shut it down, be gassed, or whatever else when your team needs a playmaker the most. Cooper is a fantastic receiver still, but he's the reason he's not a Dallas Cowboy right now, not anyone else.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:04 PM   #5371
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Amari Cooper is no longer a Dallas Cowboy because he mentally checked out of his final game with the team against the 49ers (the first of their two most recent playoff exits).

That was after Cooper was pulled off the field by the coaching staff during the final drive of a pivotal December game against Eagles in 2019 (a loss which cost the Cowboys a playoff spot).

If you're going to pay a WR1 market rate money, you have to know he's not going to shut it down, be gassed, or whatever else when your team needs a playmaker the most. Cooper is a fantastic receiver still, but he's the reason he's not a Dallas Cowboy right now, not anyone else.
The one he scored a touchdown in lols ... you Dak fan boys blame Amari for Dak's faults. You are the epitome of what's wrong with Cowboys fan base ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2023, 06:06 PM   #5372
Banned

Quote:

And lols the sheer irony of a Dak fan boy talking about paying a WR1 market money lols ...

I bet you will be willing to pay that guy that can only beat slot corners and then get locked down 1v1 with 0 safety help on the most important snap of the game right ?

Dak is the one that should have been not paid, not Amari Cooper
Old 11-06-2023, 10:06 PM   #5373
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Is this Amari?
Old 11-06-2023, 10:14 PM   #5374
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

I think we can all agree that anyone who tosses the phrase "fan boy" at anyone else in this thread isn't worth engaging any further.

Anyway, from Week 6 through Week 9, Dak Prescott was the best quarterback in the NFL, as measured by EPA per play.

After a milquetoast start to the season, with the whole offense up and down and marred by problematically conservative offensive play designs and play calling, things have opened up a bit and the quarterback has been slinging it.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:55 PM   #5375
Banned

Quote:
I think we can all agree that anyone who tosses the phrase "fan boy" at anyone else in this thread isn't worth engaging any further.

Anyway, from Week 6 through Week 9, Dak Prescott was the best quarterback in the NFL, as measured by EPA per play.

After a milquetoast start to the season, with the whole offense up and down and marred by problematically conservative offensive play designs and play calling, things have opened up a bit and the quarterback has been slinging it.
You are the exact definition of a Dak fan boy so ya that's exactly what you should be called lol. Just like Connor, you don't understand the game in the slightest so you regurgitate crap from other idiots that don't understand the game. Dak Prescott was classic Dak Prescott at the end of the Eagles game and it's what he will be his entire career.

1st down at 6, with 4 downs to win the game ... lols (the 2 point conv was classic Dak too)

You Dakstans will be calling for McCarthy's head at the end of the year and the cycle will repeat ...

Last edited by halfbked; 11-06-2023 at 11:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2023, 12:28 PM   #5376
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

We do not have to divide up into fanboy camps guys, LOL.

I definitely applaud Dak's enthusiasm and fire, and yeah he's been playing worlds better and I can see him having great stats from the previous few weeks.

But let's all remember that ultimately Dak's best effort fell short, and thus the criticism that he can't get it done, remains, rightfully or not, for many of us.

There's nothing really to hate about Dak, but a lot of us just realize that he's reached his ceiling and he's not likely to have much of a higher ceiling after 8 years in the league.

It's not about hating or loving Dak, it's about recognizing him for what he is, and whether or not you are comfortable with that going forward. I am not but perhaps he will prove me wrong.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »