Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #4569
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

Dak was definitely not the reason we lost. He's in his 3rd year and still has room to grow.

Our defense was garbage Saturday night... garbage. Manhandled every which way. I would start with Linehan and fixing whatever it is that makes us predictable. The Rams OL stated they knew everything our DL was going to do. I will credit them for being prepared but that shouldn't happen so easily... that's coaching.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #4570
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Dak consistently misses wide open guys in the flat...consistently throws behind guys on crossing routes...the throw that was almost two feet behind Gallup is very indicative...he has very little touch on his over the middle throws, resulting in that bullet that was high and through Cooper's hands...19 should've caught it, but it was just another highly unpredictable Prescott pass...the location and velocity are rarely right...

And that's not even mentioning the lack of downfield aggressiveness and fumbling tendencies.

And the guy has been a starting QB for, what? 7 years? He started all 4 years at MissSt...

I don't hate him...I like a lot of what he brings to the table...but he is the kind of QB that will require a near-perfect Defensive performance PLUS near-perfect play from everyone around him on Offense...he's not elevating anyone on this team, he's not scaring anyone on the other team.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #4571
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Give AZ just about anything they want for Rosen...outside of some obvious hard no's.

Dak needs to be a TE.

Seriously, though, I will never be able to really get behind this team until one or both of those guys are gone.

Dak needs to be exposed in the same way RGIII and Kaepernick were exposed...in that I don't think he can really read the whole field. BOth of those guys lost their jobs (or never got them back) when it was proven they could only read one side. Dak is a combination of that, plus inaccuracy and a slow trigger.

....smh.

Wasted Romo/Witten/Dez with absolute garbage coaching and roster management...

Looks like this defense is going to be wasted, as well. Chicago's offense and defense were better than the Cowboys...and ultimately it wasn't enough. The Cowboys will not be able to attain a 2018-Bears level of Offensive Production with Prescott at the helm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Dak consistently misses wide open guys in the flat...consistently throws behind guys on crossing routes...the throw that was almost two feet behind Gallup is very indicative...he has very little touch on his over the middle throws, resulting in that bullet that was high and through Cooper's hands...19 should've caught it, but it was just another highly unpredictable Prescott pass...the location and velocity are rarely right...

And that's not even mentioning the lack of downfield aggressiveness and fumbling tendencies.

And the guy has been a starting QB for, what? 7 years? He started all 4 years at MissSt...

I don't hate him...I like a lot of what he brings to the table...but he is the kind of QB that will require a near-perfect Defensive performance PLUS near-perfect play from everyone around him on Offense...he's not elevating anyone on this team, he's not scaring anyone on the other team.
There is so much wrong with this "analysis" I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll start at the top.

1. The Cardinals aren't dealing Rosen. We don't have a 1st to offer this year anyway. What did he show you that suggests he's better than Dak? Oh right, nothing. I have a theory about this I'm keeping to myself, that I hope is wrong about why anyone right now would prefer Rosen over Dak. If Rosen was the QB on this team, they'd win 6 games. Maybe 8, tops. If Dak got injured this year, this team would be 4-12. Maybe worse. There's no chance they would have beaten New Orleans, Philly twice, Seattle, or scored even 10 points against the Rams last week without him.

2. Get off the bandwagon now. I won't stop you. I think this team is much closer to New Orleans than they are to New York as far as the NFC pecking order is concerned. A good draft and a couple key FA additions and they'll be in the running. That's all you can ask for.

3. The roster errors made during Romo's heyday aren't being made any longer. This team is much more cap conscious and won't let themselves get hamstrung by big contracts.

4. How can you say with any certainty that this defense be wasted? Every starter except Lawrence is on a rookie deal. Jones and Smith will be getting extended fairly soon. Crawford will be released this offseason, I think. Lee is going to retire as well. All the rest are on very affordable deals. This defense has a good 3-4 year run in it, with how NFL windows average out. Let's check it once it's hit its expiration date before we decide it's been "wasted."

5. Dak started for 2.5 years at Mississippi State in a college spread offense but don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative. The offense he runs in Dallas is among the most complex. Not that that's a good thing, but that's just how it is. He has a lot on his plate for a guy who's been doing it for 3 years now, basically learning pro-style QB as opposed to the spread he had in college. This is the offense Romo was running after 5+ years of playing QB. Dak got it as a rookie.

6. He doesn't have the talent of a 1st round guy. No one says he does. I'm certainly not saying he's perfect. He has some mechanical stuff to work on. But he has consistently improved every year and I see nothing to suggest he won't continue to do so.

But to act like the guy is a complete scrub when he's carried this offense in every playoff game he's been in is idiotic. Zeke ran for 45 yards, the defense got shredded, the team loses by 8 points and you're out here acting like he blew the game. That's just bull **** in my opinion.

IDK what it is. You've got an axe to grind with him because he's not Rodgers/Brady/Manning/Aikman. Maybe you're just one of those "grass is always greener" types.

Every QB made a bunch of poo throws this weekend, including a bunch of future HOFers. Demanding perfection from Dak, or any QB is just setting yourself up for disappointment. His playoff numbers exceed Romo's in every category that you could consider.

7. Downfield aggression is product of offense design. But this is obviously Dak's own playbook, so it's his fault.

Dallas didn't have a legitimate deep threat with Dak at QB until they acquired Amari Cooper. Unless you're out here saying they should have been throwing bombs to guys like post-foot injury Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams, Brice Butler, Deonte Thompson, or Cole Beasley all this time, I don't know what else to make of this other than you're making up another reason to blame Dak.

I've said this a thousand times. Scott Linehan is the biggest problem, and the easiest one to fix. Getting a guy who will fully utilize Dak's skill set would be a nice change. Getting a guy who will call plays to keep the D&D manageable will also be nice. Take a deep breath. This team is very close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #4572
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Been reading the comments in here. Pro and Con Dak. I guess the
question you have to ask yourself is. Is a Mid Level QB worth Elite
Money. For me he is not.

For the people who say it's the playbook \ Linehan. What are you going
to do run a true college offense? Linehan was awesome with Matt Stafford
and Tony Romo. This is a pretty good article on Linehan..

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...224138555.html
Old 01-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #4573
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
Been reading the comments in here. Pro and Con Dak. I guess the
question you have to ask yourself is. Is a Mid Level QB worth Elite
Money. For me he is not.

For the people who say it's the playbook \ Linehan. What are you going
to do run a true college offense? Linehan was awesome with Matt Stafford
and Tony Romo. This is a pretty good article on Linehan..

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...224138555.html
We don't know what his contract is going to be. As long as it's in the low 20M per year range that should allow for this team to be viable.

I'm also not advocating for a full-blown college offense. We already know that doesn't fly either.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #4574
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWHESnRdtI

And this guy doesn't even focus on the fact that Prescott is as wild as pre-spectacles Rick Vaughan
Old 01-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #4575
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

I will be going to the 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville from April 25-27th. Just look for me. LOL! I will be in my Witten throwback jersey, white Cowboys cap w/blue star on the front, & Cowboys nylon shorts with Cowboys socks.

Couldn't pass up this opportunity since it's only about 5 hours down the road from our home. Going to be there for all 3 days of the draft too. I've always wondered what it would be like to attend one of these NFL Drafts & now I will be having my chance. GO COWBOYS!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #4576
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
We don't know what his contract is going to be. As long as it's in the low 20M per year range that should allow for this team to be viable.

I'm also not advocating for a full-blown college offense. We already know that doesn't fly either.
We might not know his salary. You have to think it's in the
Kirk Cousins range. This is how the system is made..
David Carr is a perfect example.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019...ek-carrs-guide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »