Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #1369
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

Elam is a Strong Safety. Dallas needs a good Free Safety, that's been the problem. Ken Hamlin and Gerald Sensabaugh were both SS. Are there any decent FS left?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #1370
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkevin
Elam is a Strong Safety. Dallas needs a good Free Safety, that's been the problem. Ken Hamlin and Gerald Sensabaugh were both SS. Are there any decent FS left?
We'll need a SS unless Gerald takes less money than it seems like he expects
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #1371
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

so I saw on ESPN that Falcons released former 1st round draft pick Jamaal Anderson, defensive end. He is 6'6" 289 lbs, and only 25 years old. I wonder if this could be someone that Dallas could use? They said he struggled in Falcons' scheme, but maybe he would fit into Rob Ryan's plans, and could be a force at one of the end spots. The dude is huge, and looks super athletic, which is something we could use. I could be completely off because I don't know much about him, but just throwing out ideas. Until someone is signed, it is all speculation anyhow. I'd like to see us go with someone young, big, and athletic at d-end so we don't have to keep changing ends every season.

discuss?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #1372
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Cap issues this year, 20 million in dead money next year. I am not a happy Cowboys fan right now.
A lot of wasted picks and money the last few years has finally caught up. They need a solid player personal guy and Jerry needs to learn from Cuban. Be seen not heard and just sign the checks.

On a different note I heard Garrett isn't giving the rookies stars on their helmet yet. He also brought in the refs already to talk to the players. After last seasons penalty debacle they need it.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #1373
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Okay, wow, the Cowbears....excuse me, I mean the Cowboys let Sam Hurd go, and both he and Roy Williams have signed with the Bears? Wow, didn't see that coming. So does that mean we will have to sign another receiver now?

Old 07-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #1374
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Quote:
ESPN’s Adam Schefter said on “SportsCenter” he thinks the Asomugha saga will end Friday or Saturday. He said there is an 80 percent chance Asomugha will team with fellow stellar cornerback Darrelle Revis in the Big Apple. Schefter said the Cowboys are also in it and perhaps another mystery team will step up.

Mike Lombardi of NFL Network tweeted that the Jets and Cowboys are the finalists for Asomugha and that the Raiders’ Bay Area rivals, San Francisco, are out of the running.
Wow, Dallas is seriously still pursuing Aso? If we get him, I guess that means Newman will be gone, which would clear space for Aso cause Newman accounts for $8 million in cap.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #1375
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
so I saw on ESPN that Falcons released former 1st round draft pick Jamaal Anderson, defensive end. He is 6'6" 289 lbs, and only 25 years old. I wonder if this could be someone that Dallas could use? They said he struggled in Falcons' scheme, but maybe he would fit into Rob Ryan's plans, and could be a force at one of the end spots. The dude is huge, and looks super athletic, which is something we could use. I could be completely off because I don't know much about him, but just throwing out ideas. Until someone is signed, it is all speculation anyhow. I'd like to see us go with someone young, big, and athletic at d-end so we don't have to keep changing ends every season.

discuss?
hes really more of a 4-3 de than a 3-4 one. The flacons recently switched from the 4-3 to the 3-4 and thats why he didnt fit their system
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #1376
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Wow, Dallas is seriously still pursuing Aso? If we get him, I guess that means Newman will be gone, which would clear space for Aso cause Newman accounts for $8 million in cap.
can we still designate pre june 1st cuts? if not then cutting newman only saves 4 mil. Namdi is good but is he worth 16 mil more cap space than newman? if were really looking to add someone to replace newman i think cromartie is a lot more reasonable option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »