Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2023, 09:42 AM   #377
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
The logic behind exclusive video game contracts in todays market of maximizing profit makes as much sense as the NFL going exclusive with its tv contract. In other words it would make zero sense. Imagine all the money the NFL would leave on the table if it sold the tv rights to all of its games to one network. The NFL thought giving the exclusive rights to EA made sense years ago because they had confidence in the EA brand and the NFL was upset at 2K for selling NFL 2K5 for $20. The fact that EA has failed to expand the video game audience with sell through numbers in 20 years and the below average yearly review scores is pretty remarkable. Sure madden makes a ton more money for EA due to micro transactions. The fact is the NFL wants to expand its audience particularly the younger demographic that EA has failed to reach in greater numbers. I understand the NFL makes a ton of money through exclusive contracts but at this stage who do you think has the upper hand? If say the NFL decided they are done with exclusivity and instead opt for a set price and open it up for other developers do you think EA would go the way of FIFA and make a Madden game without real NFL teams? At the end of the day the NFL will benefit and make way more money by opening up the license at a high entrance fee. Also by doing so they will have competing products which in turn will create more advanced games and in the process bring more interest and excitement into NFL football gaming. At the same time they will make more money off of selling the license to multiple competitors at a set cost for simulation football. There’s a reason why 2K football has been quiet since 2019. I believe the NFL 2K title started off as an arcade game but at some point during development things changed. 2K has been developing a NFL simulation title for 4 years now with 2 years left of development time for release in 2025. No way all of this time is being used solely on an arcade title. While I believe there’s still a chance for an arcade title to come out in 2024, since 2K did say it had multiple titles in development. If the arcade game doesn’t come out next year, then the focus is solely on the simulation game. Bank on it and if I’m wrong I will take the humiliation.
Wow that is a great observation I never thought of that and yea why would it take a Arcade game 4 years in the making and what could it be any different then the Indy games out now besides the license ?

Btw the yard came out the same year 2k announced their arcade news
EA is definitely in 2k kitchen!

Last edited by simbayless; 11-06-2023 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-06-2023, 09:56 AM   #378
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Comes out first? This or GTA6?
Old 11-06-2023, 10:31 AM   #379
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Comes out first? This or GTA6?
At this point, GTA 6 lol. I've been treating this 2k game as it doesn't exist until we actually see credible info. At least with GTA VI, the quarterly projects for 2025 suggests that we will get GTA 6 sometimes. In the next 16 months
Old 11-06-2023, 02:36 PM   #380
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Wow that is a great observation I never thought of that and yea why would it take a Arcade game 4 years in the making and what could it be any different then the Indy games out now besides the license ?

Btw the yard came out the same year 2k announced their arcade news
EA is definitely in 2k kitchen!
The bigger question is why go radio silent for four years? Then skirt around the question when the President of TakeTwo Straus Zelnik was asked about NFL 2K two years ago during a quarterly conference call. It’s not as if the 2K arcade game is a secret. Why not just give the fans an update after four years of no news whatsoever? The only thing that I can logically think is, it’s because the 2K game has become a secret because it has now a simulation football game and 2K cannot legally talk about it until, the Madden exclusivity contract has expired.
I mentioned this back this back then in 2022 in a thread I started which I added a screenshot. Also here’s a copy of the transcript that the question was asked about the NFL title.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4060.jpg (98.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4061.jpg (120.0 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4062.jpg (113.0 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by tsbmolina; 11-06-2023 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:07 AM   #381
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
The bigger question is why go radio silent for four years? Then skirt around the question when the President of TakeTwo Straus Zelnik was asked about NFL 2K two years ago during a quarterly conference call. It’s not as if the 2K arcade game is a secret. Why not just give the fans an update after four years of no news whatsoever? The only thing that I can logically think is, it’s because the 2K game has become a secret because it has now a simulation football game and 2K cannot legally talk about it until, the Madden exclusivity contract has expired.
I mentioned this back this back then in 2022 in a thread I started which I added a screenshot. Also here’s a copy of the transcript that the question was asked about the NFL title.
Hmmm interesting 🤔
Key word 👉releases 👈
Multiple titles keep being mentioned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2023, 11:18 AM   #382
MVP

simbayless's Arena

EA sly business tactics are concerning
Because they fooled the women that work for the Esports by showing her a video concept of what's to come and she was amazed and then next thing you know the exclusive license was renewed
Idk if that lady still work in the esports video game department I hope not
She was too sold!
License expires 2026
2027 is the year we might see 2k but I'm not holding my simulation breath!!!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ideo-game-2026

Last edited by simbayless; 11-07-2023 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-08-2023, 04:34 AM   #383
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

So Lego 2K soccer is happening.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaks...n_store_under/

https://store.playstation.com/en-au/...47#all-notices

Fingers crossed that the next Lego game won't be NFL 2K. This matters because I remember reading that they had 3 lego games planned. Lego 2K Drive, and now 2K soccer. I really don't want a Lego NFL 2K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I got a bad feeling it's gonna be Lego NFL 2K
https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/lego...rated-in-korea
They're going to make a lego soccer game. They already made that lego racing game. Apparently they had 3 lego sports games in the works. Soccer and racing are already two.

Fingers crossed that NFL 2K isn't a lego game.
Let that third game be something else. Please.

Last edited by zello144; 11-08-2023 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2023, 12:03 PM   #384
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

I’d love for this to be true but the timing just doesn’t add up to me.

March 2020 is when 2k first announced its partnership with the NFL for arcade titles.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...l-video-games/

May 2020, EA renews its deal with the NFL through 2025 or 26 if it meets sales criteria

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...games.amp.html

A month and a half after 2k gets an arcade game EA renews for 5-6 years. That’s a long development time for a football game even starting over. I don’t believe 2k would start working on a sim game with no return on investment for 5-6 years and no guarantee the NFL wouldn’t just renew with EA again after that.

Also from what I’ve seen from 2k is that they absolutely would keep even an arcade title secret until it’s ready to market. That’s how they seem to do things. Some of their projects leak early but for the most part they don’t tend to make big announcements even with titles like GTA6

I hope I’m wrong but expect a game like they described. Something that’ll blur the lines between arcade and sim but still fall short of an actual sim. The delays are most likely because they crossed that line or got a little too close to risk that exclusive deal shutting the project down all together so they had to start over in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »