Home

PS2 CPU vs CPU Sliders (cdcool)

This is a discussion on PS2 CPU vs CPU Sliders (cdcool) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: PS2 CPU vs CPU Sliders (cdcool)

Have either of you noticed the amount of kick & punt returns have gone for TDs in your games? I have at least 1 return for TD a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Heaf, yeah it seems like there is a lot of punt/kick returns being run back for TDs....it might have something to do with the run blocking and ability setting being maxed out. I am pretty pleased with these sliders, cdcool has done a great job with them. I think that everyone is just going to have to realize that you can tweak and tweak an EA game and it still will not be realistic. EA has a long history of producing games that are not true to life. They are fun, but statistically speaking, they are way off. I really wish 2K had a college football game as it seems like their games are just more realistic IMO. How many penalties are you seeing per game Heaf? And of those penalties, how many are holding calls? Are sacks a little high in your opinion? Just wondering...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound1981
Hey Heaf, yeah it seems like there is a lot of punt/kick returns being run back for TDs....it might have something to do with the run blocking and ability setting being maxed out. I am pretty pleased with these sliders, cdcool has done a great job with them. I think that everyone is just going to have to realize that you can tweak and tweak an EA game and it still will not be realistic. EA has a long history of producing games that are not true to life. They are fun, but statistically speaking, they are way off. I really wish 2K had a college football game as it seems like their games are just more realistic IMO. How many penalties are you seeing per game Heaf? And of those penalties, how many are holding calls? Are sacks a little high in your opinion? Just wondering...
The majority of penalties I see are holding. With the holding slider at 90 I had one game where a team had over ten penalties in the first half. I lowered it down to 70 and it seems to be okay but most of the penalties called are still for holding. I have only seen 1 def pas interference called in 5 games I simmed this weekend. The returns for TDs are what is killing the game for me. I have played every edition of NCAA and the returns have never been this bad. I would rather go back to having no returns for TDs than having 1 per game by each team. Trying to balance the running game & the return game is proving to be really difficult this year.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Hey Guys,

I never watch the CPU play each other, but I have done a boatload of testing for my sliders. I only play the DT so it would seem that those sliders might work for you. Use the AI sliders for both sides and disregard the human sliders.

I would test these, but I don't have the time to tweak and tweak like I know I would have to.

Human/AI

QB ACC 35/60
Pass Block 25/60
WR Catch 50/60
Running Back 10/50
Run Block 35/85

Def Aware 5/99
Knock Down 20/99
Int 0/0
Break Block 5/60
Tackle 50/50

FGL 35/0
FGA 0/0
PL 50/50
PA 20/99 (Appears to help the AI cover punts better)
KOL 50/50

Also for penalties, max out everything, except:
Holding 70%
Clipping 70%
Int grounding 60%
Roughing 50%
Rough Kick 30%
Celebration 30%
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #29
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Hey cool, I have a couple of questions....what are your settings for Auto Sub In/Out and are you even touching the offensive and defensive playcalling settings (maxing out conservative). I think I saw an earlier post where you said that you probably would not touch these. Thanks!
Boozehound, (I like the name)

I have left sub in/out on default and have not messed around with coach settings, just not worth it to me,. The slider settings this year are more difficult to make sinse of, but Im trying. I will leave them for now and will keep testing., as these are the best i have come up with so far in the games i have tested.

Holding penality at 80 have not been that bad for me, but I will keep an eyer on it.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #30
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

My latest, so no one gets confused by other people posting their sliders in this Thread.

CURRENT TEST SLIDERS

Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Skill Level: Varsity
HFA Off

OFFENSE
QB Accuracy: 45
Pass Blocking: 20
WR Catching: 45
RB Ability: 99
Run Blocking: 99
DEFENSE
Awareness: 70
Knockdowns: 99
Interceptions: 0
Break Block: 20
Tackling: 20
SPECIAL TEAMS
Field Goal Length: 0
FG Accuracy: 0
Punt Length: 40
Punt Accuracy: 0
Kickoff Length: 50
All Penalties Maxed except holding 80
Old 08-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #31
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Thanks, I agree there is no such thing as a pefect set of sliders for EA games, and different slider sets can achieve the same results or very close., but you have to test at least 20 or more games and get averages to see your results, one or two games will not tell the complete story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #32
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Im also looking at sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »