Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2018, 06:29 PM   #49
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

I’m blown away that franchise game saves are broken. Didn’t something like this happen last year as well? Cmon
Old 08-31-2018, 06:52 PM   #50
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

AI is definitely smarter in the retail version compared to the demo. I said it before, I will say it again, don't use RATINGS ONLY shooting for anything. It is straight broken. You will miss a ton of shots. Even ratings only FT shooting cause you to miss a ton of shots with 90% FT shooters. Fouls on 3pt shot is kind of crazy. The CPU was called for a foul on a 3pt shot 5 times in my last game. I noticed step back shot don't always register. Bigs missing shots under the basket happens way too often then it should and is highly annoying. Also wish there was more motion on offense. Even on full, it ends up being the same thing over and over again.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:58 PM   #51
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

After a few more games today of nba play now I’m just at a loss. I thought the demo played so much better.

For people who think the access version is better I’m just curious to know more about exactly what is better. I don’t mean that rudely I’m just really curious because I’m just not seeing it.

In fact the game is a mess IMO. There wasn’t much interior defense by AI teammates in the demo but it’s flat out non existent in the Access
version.

Also I know I was hoping the meter was harder to use but I guess be careful what you wish for because it’s insanely hard now and anything that isn’t a perfect release misses.

I dunno maybe because in the demo you are using such good teams that it’s making it feel so different but I’m struggling to even get through a game right now. Rage quit against the pistons as the cpu just spam passed it down low with zero regard for my players and it worked all day.

Foul outs don’t work. Franchise saves won’t load, weird phantom fouls being called, I dunno I’m hoping something clicks with me soon.

Edit.....Offensive rebounds are waaaaay OP.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 08-31-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 07:03 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 10

Dudes, I read no w/l record or stats in live run, true?

-Smak
Old 08-31-2018, 07:04 PM   #53
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

so impressed with the presentation of the game. haven't played live in over a decade, but the broadcast feel and unique camera angles for each team you get with the 'ESPN' camera angle is outstanding. also prefer the player models and faces compared to 2k. just overall, graphics have the 'your watching a game' overall appearance.

needs a good slider set to tone down some of the more arcade feel gameplay (blocks and steals for instance seem a little much), but really liking the game this year. and with the ability to buy the game through ea access at a $20 discount, buying live over 2k this year. if you would of told me this a month ago i would of said your crazy.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:07 PM   #54
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
AI is definitely smarter in the retail version compared to the demo. I said it before, I will say it again, don't use RATINGS ONLY shooting for anything. It is straight broken. You will miss a ton of shots. Even ratings only FT shooting cause you to miss a ton of shots with 90% FT shooters. Fouls on 3pt shot is kind of crazy. The CPU was called for a foul on a 3pt shot 5 times in my last game. I noticed step back shot don't always register. Bigs missing shots under the basket happens way too often then it should and is highly annoying. Also wish there was more motion on offense. Even on full, it ends up being the same thing over and over again.
Ratings + skill is effed as well. It’s the same as when I turned all the shooting sliders to 0 in the demo. The only shots that go in are green releases.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:59 PM   #55
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0

With adjusted sliders this game is even better. Found a cool set on YouTube & the gameplay was just so much smoother too me. If Live could just patch in 30 team control for franchise this would be a no brainer buy for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 08:02 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 0

What camera angle is everybody using? I was on baseline high but I’m seeing a lot of people doing ESPN Broadcast and other? I don’t know which one is better to see cuts etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »