Home

Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-31-2018, 11:06 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA Live 19 Impressions thread

My main impression from 3 hours of gameplay....

Live is on par with 2k from a gameplay perspective. Objectively I no longer feel like 2k is better. I genuinely feel confident saying it’s a matter of preference now.

The nba play I had going last night felt a lot like real nba play. More off ball movement. Passing more fluid. Everything felt more realistic and more complete.

Actually feel bad about my demo impressions. But those were very real as are these.

Will not touch the demo after my trial. I think that says something about the gap between the demo and full game gameplay wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 11:11 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendoPlays3
That's strange cuz last year when they added roster editing. I never had a issue importing my custom rosters over to a franchise and being able to play. But it is what it is for now I guess. Thanks for the info

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
I had issues last year trying to use custom rosters in live 18, everytime I would boot up my franchise it would revert to the default rosters. I know for a fact you couldn't use custom rosters in the one mode. I tweeted about it several times.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:11 AM   #43
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

That's what I was inferring in the demo impressions thread. There IS a pretty big difference in the feel of the game from demo to retail. I couldn't play the demo after coming back from the Launch party in Cali. Just felt like a regression.

I'm seeing a lot of really nice stuff in retail, basketball wise. I'm also seeing some stuff that I don't care for. Overall, a drastic jump from 18 though.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #44
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Played all night last night. Personally I thought demo gameplay was better but I’m sure I just need to get used to playing the retail version.

Couple things I didn’t encounter in the demo. There are some weird phantom shooting fouls called. Guys taking wide open shots with no one within 5 feet but a foul gets called. Also the amount of shooting fouls on three point shots is crazy.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:08 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
That's what I was inferring in the demo impressions thread. There IS a pretty big difference in the feel of the game from demo to retail. I couldn't play the demo after coming back from the Launch party in Cali. Just felt like a regression.

I'm seeing a lot of really nice stuff in retail, basketball wise. I'm also seeing some stuff that I don't care for. Overall, a drastic jump from 18 though.
You've obviously had the most time with the game throughout the entirety of the process. Can you elaborate on what the pretty big difference is? Is it just the feel? Is it harder? Smarter?

I put in 18 and played a little bit and I do not see a drastic jump from 18 to the 19 demo. So should I expect a drastic jump from the demo to retail?I trust your opinion, just seeing if there are specific things that stand out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #46
Rookie

I only played the one so far just got into the league. I made a 6 7 wingshooter with Elena Delle Dorn as my icon and went number 2 overall to the Kings

So far everything that 18 did good is great in 19. I understand why they went all in on the one mode since I imagine they're hoping YouTube views will move the needle on sales. Hopefully enough for interested that they flush out franchise at the WNBA side for 20
Old 08-31-2018, 06:10 PM   #47
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Played 2 hours of the demo before playing an hour of the EA Access Version...these are quick EA Access Version impressions:

1.) NBA Game played well enough...still alot of auto animation takeover sequences, but nothing out of place. Graphics were about the same to me (1080p TV on XB1 S) but sound was bad - everything from the crowd to the announcers. The announcers were especially bad. I played with the Raptors (vs. Spurs) and Kawhi was unstoppable. Leonard and DeRozan didn't even combine for 5 points...they fled.

2.) I jumped into Court Battles and liked that you can play offline without a Gold Subscription. I especially liked that I could control other players on my team in this mode. I can't stand player lock. However, the camera angles were limited and I couldn't find a camera angle I like to play with (like ESPN) cam and that could be a dealbreaker for playing this mode.

3.) I didn't dive back into the One mode or Franchise; didn't mess with sliders or settings - just played on Pro or All Pro (whatever it's called).

Game was fun...feels like much more fun to be had with the One and Court Battles, Live Run, Ultimate Team, etc. compared to Franchise mode.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-31-2018, 06:28 PM   #48

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes313
I only played the one so far just got into the league. I made a 6 7 wingshooter with Elena Delle Dorn as my icon and went number 2 overall to the Kings

So far everything that 18 did good is great in 19. I understand why they went all in on the one mode since I imagine they're hoping YouTube views will move the needle on sales. Hopefully enough for interested that they flush out franchise at the WNBA side for 20
Does everyone drafted after you get pushed back a pick or is everyone on their correct teams ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »