Home

NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2018, 07:46 AM   #49
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA L For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
I went back to check 18 concerning the muscles definition and I was correct....19 took a step backwards ...I think lighting did too(nba side of the game)...

Al horford comparison 18 top/19 bottom

Kinda makes tatts look stamped on...ie the Kyrie pic
Hopefully it will be in the full game!!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
I'm not even a huge graphics guy and this jumped out at me immediately. Live has a pretty distinguishable "pop" when it comes to their lighting/graphics and it seems to be lowered here. I know WTF said they were kind of toying around with lighting so maybe this isn't final. It definitely didnt look quite as dim in the tutorial videos yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2018, 07:50 AM   #50
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA L For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm not even a huge graphics guy and this jumped out at me immediately. Live has a pretty distinguishable "pop" when it comes to their lighting/graphics and it seems to be lowered here. I know WTF said they were kind of toying around with lighting so maybe this isn't final. It definitely didnt look quite as dim in the tutorial videos yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
I really hope so(not a big graphics guy myself, but this definitely jumped out at me).if anything live does have a pop with lighting and small details. The demo shows different!

Last edited by swac07; 08-24-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:53 AM   #51
MVP

swac07's Arena

Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Nah man he's right. The NBA part seems to be an "after thought" vs the one mode via demo The full game will tell the tale..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Highly disagree

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by swac07; 08-24-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #52
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

It's NBA Live. The things I like about the series are here. Love the pace. I love the spacing. I was killing the midrange with Kyrie. The crowd is exceptional. I like the ESPN presentation still. The one on one defensive mechanic feels even better than 18. So do steals. I was shocked the first time I swiped and actually stole the ball in a smooth sequence. I like how I can feel why and how I beat my guy.

But the negatives are still here. The players while improved are still too rigid. It's like their torsos don't bend or contort. I just don't like the way the players animate. Dunking still feels overdone and without momentum. I did do one nice "throw in" dunk in The One mode was awesome. I'm not a big graphic person but some face renders like Draymond and Markus Morris are off. And why does Iggy look larger than Dray? I was playing the Warriors but the CPU offense felt blah. It was only effective because the team is loaded. What's it gonna be like when I play the Knicks and their sorry roster? Like I said before, it's Live. The One is ok but I'm not that kind of gamer. The near radio silence on franchise tells me that not much has changed. So Live will be my change of pace basketball game again. I'll grab it later on.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:11 AM   #53
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Ahhhh that new car smell lol. Hard to be objective when you drive a new car for the first couple of times. Im looking for objective impressions and will try to give them myself.

I love the RPM and how it affects movement and momentum. The post game is NVA Live for sure but nothing you cant get past. With the exception of passing the ball, the ball speed appears to be on point. It felt the same way when the demo dropped last year as well and then once the patch hit it had that floaty feel to it. I hope it stays the way it is. For the minimal time i had with it last night its def a step up from last year. Ill have more time tonight and will be looking HARD at the AI's mid-range game. That broke tye game for me last year.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:28 AM   #54
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

im not convinced f the ball physics or the inside layup animations still look wonky

everything else? passing dribbling player foot planting ALL better than nba 2k so far huge improvement there

i will say when a shot goes in the ball looks better its when
the shot misses that the ball physics show to be really bad

its like this and ea always had a problem with this

take fifa for example vs pes

pes you play the game focused on the ball
fifa you play focused n the player

why?

becasue in this case the player movement looks real but the ball movement does and then vice versa

in nba live the player movement looks good but the ball doesnt and its very apparent once you let go of the ball
Old 08-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
It's NBA Live. The things I like about the series are here. Love the pace. I love the spacing. I was killing the midrange with Kyrie. The crowd is exceptional. I like the ESPN presentation still. The one on one defensive mechanic feels even better than 18. So do steals. I was shocked the first time I swiped and actually stole the ball in a smooth sequence. I like how I can feel why and how I beat my guy.

But the negatives are still here. The players while improved are still too rigid. It's like their torsos don't bend or contort. I just don't like the way the players animate. Dunking still feels overdone and without momentum. I did do one nice "throw in" dunk in The One mode was awesome. I'm not a big graphic person but some face renders like Draymond and Markus Morris are off. And why does Iggy look larger than Dray? I was playing the Warriors but the CPU offense felt blah. It was only effective because the team is loaded. What's it gonna be like when I play the Knicks and their sorry roster? Like I said before, it's Live. The One is ok but I'm not that kind of gamer. The near radio silence on franchise tells me that not much has changed. So Live will be my change of pace basketball game again. I'll grab it later on.

Yea haha. It's nba live. I still gotta get it and try it today but that's step one. It's like watching all the elite players on 2k play live, try to dribble and launch a crazy shot and be like man this game sucks!!!

It's a completely different game. I played 18 awhile ago and we lost cuz I got beat on the boards down the stretch, and I was like sry dudes I'm still playing 2k out there.

It sounds exciting tho. I just want good competitive 5 v 5 with real nba rules. I'd have played 18 with just that improvement, but seems like they did more. Like we all know, I'm not really mad at live for neglecting franchise because they have never had a good franchise mode, or one comparable at all to 2k. Ever ever.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #56
MVP

Only played for about 2 hours last night.

Step up from previous game. only played the tutorial and about an hour of 5v5 scrimmage.

Few boxes they checked off.

Plays look like they got some attention. Being able to Branch out for back screens and others cutting looks great. Can get players open looks off ball.

Defenders not glued to players anymore. Spacing is improved and plenty of small windows for high percentage shots.

It's live but the player movement/motion looks great.

Post game is improved. Fast breaks actually work(assuming low difficulty). Agree with most in thread about the negatives.

Hate passing in both games and both still look like crap.

Hopefully someone gets the game early, so we can see franchise mode. I have no faith in any mode besides the one.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »