Home

NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyIMBlog.com
Thanks for the response. One more question, is there a "gather" button like it was in 16? They took out the hop step button in 18, hoping they added it back in

All of the gather moves (hop step, euro step, stepback, spin gather) have their own separate input commands.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #74
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

I brought Live 18 last year but didn’t play it much. The gameplay was quite boring. LIVE 19 is way better and the gameplay is incredibly fun (& you’ll notice this instantly). This is without a doubt thee best NBA LIVE ever! Great job, EA.

Last edited by kobe2theMAX; 08-24-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike83
When it comes to a demo and commentary, isn't the norm that it's stripped down v. what's in retail?
Well, let's see. But the commentary has been woeful for years now and this has just taken it to a whole new level of bad. I doubt the retail version will be different.

Surely Steph, Klay, Cousins could get better lines thab generic 'he / him / insert pronoun + meaningless comment.

How is Klay Thompson shooting an open three getting commentary like 'well HE knows to be lucky rather than good and HE took a bad shot there'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 10:13 AM   #76
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Also, interior defense is much better and tougher in LIVE 19. It was super easy to get to the hole in 18 but in 19 you have to put in a lot of work.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:17 AM   #77
Rookie

Time to mess with sliders. There’s a lot of core mechanics to appreciate. Hopefully I can get a solid nba experience with sliders.

That said, visually I wasn’t a fan of the nba side. Idk but it looked like a big downgrade from 18. Last year looked like a real game. This year a lot of things seem dull and dim. Not a fan.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #78
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
First gameplay impression: Wow.

Fluidity and player movement is absolutely incredible. True basketball feel.

Wow wow wow

Exactly. The real motion player movement is simply incredible and has made LIVE 19 beyond miles better than live 18. Anyone who cannot see the major and powerful difference must not be playing the right game.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #79
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
It is unfathomable how a big company could release commentary THIS bad. It is is, literally, the worst in any sports game in maybe a decade.

Worse than NCAA 14?
Old 08-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 30

A quick, possibly worthless impression of the opening 3 on 3 because I had "half a min" to play before heading out on vacay - Felt and looked good. Played a full game of that then restarted and got a couple buckets in before hitting the rd.

It seemed the steal button was responsive, as usual, but I was a bit distracted while playing but other than that, I liked.

What's concerning is reading about how the actual "game of NBA" is a let down compared to The One. Ironically, that's what I felt about last year's demo which is apart of what lead me to buy 2K18, only, when I was kinda feeling I may buy both. There were also annoyances about that demo in terms of gameplay and movement that factored in.

Anyway, won't get to play again for a week. Can't wait, tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »