Home

NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #505
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I haven't played the full version of the game. But unless the game plays 100% differently than 18 or the demo I disagree with everything you've said. On All-Star I've had zero issues getting past defenders without doing a bunch of dribble moves. I can just blow by poor defenders or if I get a big switched out on my guard. Simple crossover and I'm out. If there's a shot blocking big under the rim why try to dunk and get your shot blocked? Shoot a floater. Works really well.

I can fastbreak at times when I have numbers. I can't just fastbreak because I want to but when it's there it's easy. Especially 3's off of the break. In fact it's done very well IMO.

Defense is not overpowered and I can get people open pretty regularly. In fact only tweaks necessary are to make the defense harder or at least make shooting percentages lower.

Anyway, everyone plays differently. Just surprising that your experience is so different than mine. And believe me I'm no wizard on the sticks it's just when I play within the flow of the game and take good shots in rhythm the game flows really well (Again IMO).
Play the full version because it's definitely not the same. WTF even mentioned defense being ramped up a while back.

It's not about being able to dunk all the time, because I'm not that type of player, it's about getting dunks/layups blocked on every attempt. Andre Drummond literally blocked everything in the paint.

Floaters and other layup types don't work well in this game because you need be deep into the paint to get the animation. That plus the controls not being very intuitive/responsive imo.

In the demo things weren't bad until you played on Superstar, in the full version All-Star is almost as bad.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of not buying the game, I'm just stating my experience and why i won't be buying it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 09-05-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #506
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Play the full version because it's definitely not the same. WTF even mentioned defense being ramped up a while backed.

It's not about being able to dunk all the time, because I'm not that type of player, it's about getting dunks/layups blocked on every attempt. Andre Drummond literally blocked everything in the paint.

Floaters and other layup types don't work well in this game because you need be deep into the paint to get the animation. That plus the controls not being very intuitive/responsive imo.

In the demo things weren't bad until you played on Superstar, in the full version All-Star is almost as bad.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of not buying the game, I'm just stating my experience and why i won't be buying it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Been playing retail and I don’t have an issue either. Can get by with most players but you have to work the ball around and get a step or pump fake a guy off balance but dribble moves work the best which it should.

I think it’s a fair opinion for someone to think blocking is OP but I personally like it and think it’s kinda necessary. Game would be a dunk fest if it didn’t make you think before you try dunking. I only make sure I have a lane or a clear dunk if I’m in the trees or floaters are good or layups with the correct hand.

I personally am not a fan of how many dunks happen in the game now even with the blocks as they are and can’t imagine how it would be if they were lessened.

To each their own and I bet there will be a huge amount of people who feel the way you do. Last year I could pretty much get to the rim every time with anyone even with the jostle vs blow by slider maxed and that was another reason I hated 18. Kinda why I didn’t go digital on this one. I’m pretty scared they are gonna patch it to be too easy so I may not update my game.

Edit.... I forgot to mentio and I’m sure it doesn’t matter I think you’ve made up your mind but on all star or superstar changing the game speed from 80 to 60 made a world of difference for me.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 09-05-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #507
Just started!

OVR: 0
Cool Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Hey, I am new to this forum. I would definitely like to know if there is any best site or app to watch all sports live including NBA, I have come across an app called GHD Sports; it is streaming football matches and cricket for now. So can I go ahead using the same or any other suggestions?

Regards,
Missy.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #508
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymine
Hey, I am new to this forum. I would definitely like to know if there is any best site or app to watch all sports live including NBA, I have come across an app called GHD Sports; it is streaming football matches and cricket for now. So can I go ahead using the same or any other suggestions?

Regards,

Missy.

You seem lost.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #509
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

Got this game last week on sale and so far I am enjoying it. Have mostly been playing in The One and at a 75 as a Wing Defender. If you are on Xbox and wanna play my GT is LDOTRobot
Old 04-23-2019, 06:44 PM   #510
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymine

Regards,
Missy.

It seems like a spam post !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »