Home

NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2018, 11:07 AM   #89
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopheid
Spent a few more hours with it and I’m liking it more and more. I’m also enjoying the commentary a lot more too. It’s definitely far better than Live 14, 15, 16 and 18. They’re going to update it each month so hopefully it gets even better.

In terms of gameplay, it plays like a dream for me. I love how physical the game is too. You feel each bump and I love the emotion options on the right stick after a foul is called etc.

Anyone knocked over the camera man yet??

I also love how the PS4 controller light goes green with a good release
Man the little animations in this game are a great touch. The game feels more "alive" than the usual basketball games of the past. I also like that if the player isn't facing the to where he can see a pass then it will hit him in the body or something rather than him making a blind catch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2018, 11:10 AM   #90
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Man the little animations in this game are a great touch. The game feels more "alive" than the usual basketball games of the past. I also like that if the player isn't facing the to where he can see a pass then it will hit him in the body or something rather than him making a blind catch.

Definitely feels more alive. Regarding the NBA side of things - they’ve nailed the atmosphere. The arena lighting is awesome, the floors look great and I love how the crowd move and react. I want the full game now.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #91
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The first year of a brand new commentary team is usually rough...you can only record so many lines and it takes a while to really build a library of sound bytes. Even if this is just a section of the commentary, I doubt the deadpan delivery is something that can be corrected.

As far as the gameplay though, the pick and slip is definitely a money play right now...the AI just cant cover it....going to put a video up when I can....half court defense is pretty solid otherwise but this is a bit worrisome especially if it makes it to H2H..

A random +: I really like the celebration option after And 1's, really nice touch

Is the cpu missing jumpers vs you? I am getting killed on contested jumpers.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 11:20 AM   #92
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
There's a slider for contested shot success. Try lowering it to your liking for the CPU

Old 08-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #93
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I've had my good and bad games. KD and Klay are the main ones Trying to get my timing down on Superstar. If it's not a jumping contest they will snipe you...

Old 08-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #94
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I preferred last years commentary team. I found something that will annoy me every time I block someone. One of the commentators would do a "hmmmph" sound after a block.

So far I'm really liking the controls though way too many broken ankle animations.

Its very smooth and a bunch of new animations adds to the smoothness.

It's probably because it's a demo but I don't think I noticed any sweat.

I love that we can control the celebrations like Madden.

I didn't really explore the control but can we change the controls to camera relative?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #95
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 19 Demo Available Now For Both Xbox One & PS4 - Post Your Impression

Dude....that's a fact....y'all killing me right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
It's an opinion. No rights or wrongs here.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
This is honestly the most responsive Live game I’ve ever played. Just got done squeaking out a tough win against the Celtics where Kyrie was lighting me up from 3 & mid range in the 2nd half. Don’t want to give a full impression since I’ve only played one game, but I absolutely love the feel of the game. I do however feel the game has gotten a tad darker though, but it’s still visually very nice. It’s definitey a buy from me, but might wait until it’s discounted. I’m a franchise guy & it doesn’t sound like that part of the game was touched at all.
You've obviously never played any legacy Live game... Say Live 10.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »