Home

NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360)

The Rockets' KJ McDaniels and Clint Capela are bland Create a Players. Fix this! Also a ton of missing players.

The new classic teams should have been added as well. Thank God I'm renting this on gamefly and not shelling 60 bucks on this shoddy incomplete game. Please make changes ASAP.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:15 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUNDxBigBoss
I've noticed the roster update doesn't seem any different compared to the default roster; is something wrong with 2kShare or does 2K wait until opening day to edit the teams rosters? Several transactions that happened over the last month are still missing (i/e Anthony Bennett to the Raptors, Samuel Dalembert and Javale McGee to the Mavericks, Mike Miller on the Nuggets, Sasha Kaun to the Cavs, Huertas to the Lakers, Metta World Peace to the Lakers, etc...).

Out of curiosity does 2k plan on updating the EuroLeague teams this year too?
Hey!

There is currently an issue with getting roster updates automatically, we are aware of.
Please, follow this link for a workaround: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/212298517

The best way to check that you have the latest roster update is to take a look on Kobe. His height should be 6'6" (he was 6'5" in the opening day roster).

The faces of Clarkson and Galloway should be added to the game some time next week. We will also try to add/fix as many other faces as possible later this year, but there are always technical limits like available free space.

According to our producers, it is unfortunately not possible to add new historical teams or implement the free throw meter for 2K16. Nevertheless, we made a note of it for the future.

We'd like to thank you for your dedication to the game and reporting all these issues.
Other bugs mentioned in this thread are currently being looked at. I will make a separate post on them, once there is any information available.

================

There will be a post about 2K Battle in a separate thread within the next few days.

Thank you!

-Vlad
Old 10-10-2015, 05:21 AM   #19
Rookie

FOXHOUNDxBigBoss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladZolaJr
Hey!

There is currently an issue with getting roster updates automatically, we are aware of.
Please, follow this link for a workaround: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/212298517

The best way to check that you have the latest roster update is to take a look on Kobe. His height should be 6'6" (he was 6'5" in the opening day roster).

The faces of Clarkson and Galloway should be added to the game some time next week. We will also try to add/fix as many other faces as possible later this year, but there are always technical limits like available free space.

According to our producers, it is unfortunately not possible to add new historical teams or implement the free throw meter for 2K16. Nevertheless, we made a note of it for the future.

We'd like to thank you for your dedication to the game and reporting all these issues.
Other bugs mentioned in this thread are currently being looked at. I will make a separate post on them, once there is any information available.

================

There will be a post about 2K Battle in a separate thread within the next few days.

Thank you!

-Vlad
Ok thanks for letting me know. I can download the roster updates just fine but not much seems different and some of the transactions/signings that have happened over the last month aren't on it.

Really excited to hear Clarkson and Galloway's cyberfaces are coming soon.

Do you guys also plan on updating Kareem Abdul-Jabbar so he has his goggles?

Thank you for fixing the MyTeam Schedule bug Vlad and 2kDev Team!

It is understandable about the historic teams and the free throw meter; I know there's limitations with the PS3 software. Luckily we can download fan made versions of the teams on 2kShare
----

Cool; I've been wanting to find out more about the 2k Battle mode. Will we be able to play against the developers and 2k employees?
Old 10-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #20
Rookie

Any ETA on when we will get a correct roster update? Opening day (like 29th) or sooner?
Old 10-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladZolaJr
Hey!

================

Thank you!

-Vlad

I really like that you guys are actually working on it

Here are some bugs and issues that hopefully you can fix

I sent them to 2ksuppot but no answer yet
My Career issues and bugs

Rotation bug: can't see team rotations as in how many minutes the starting lineup plays and such, there can only be seen one player.

Rotation logic: Some better players are not being played over lower overalls, lower overalls are playing over some higher overalls.

Gm Office: Used the "I really like playing with a player" option to get a teammate more minutes, but instead he now doesn't play at all, same thing happens with the "I really don't like playing with a player".

General Gameplay Probems, Bugs, and Suggestions

In many cases the AI just stands there dribbling not doing anything until the shot clock goes down and is forced to shoot, would be great if you could increase AI awareness of the shot clock if you can.

When losing, in the last seconds of a game, with the last possesion, with no timeouts, AI still has time to pass to a teammate from halfcourt to attempt a shot, but instead chucks up a halfcourt shot with no awareness of the shot clock.

Too much standing around often by the AI, passing the ball around needs to be more frequent, this can often be related to 2k play view not being turned on, so i suggest its turned on by default so the player can notice and get in position for the play so the AI continues the play and it doesn't seem like the AI is frozen.

Players dribbling out of bounds like nothing, happens more in fastbreak, also often go out of bounds OFF the ball for a second, which can cause turnovers when passing to them.

Theres an animation that happens way too often in the fast break, where the player is sort of pushed out of bounds by the defensive player, more like bumped, its a long animation which i assume is what makes it a problem.

Sometimes a player is below the basket, and he airballs a layup, hard to explain how it looks, but its as if he was doing a hook with a sort of raptor hand motion, infront of his own face.

CPU can get forced into an animation where they turn around, and take a long step into a backcourt violation.

CPU often don't realize they will commit a backcourt violation if they do a certain move.

Passing in general should be more frequent, but at the same time, the AI seems to have no awareness of the defender ready to steal the ball in the passing lane.

Theres a bug where the cpu just dribbles in a protect the ball position on the paint agaisn't another cpu, don't realize they have to get out or they get a 3 second violation, and so they do.

Last edited by Leasim96; 10-10-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
General Gameplay Probems, Bugs, and Suggestions

In many cases the AI just stands there dribbling not doing anything until the shot clock goes down and is forced to shoot, would be great if you could increase AI awareness of the shot clock if you can.

When losing, in the last seconds of a game, with the last possesion, with no timeouts, AI still has time to pass to a teammate from halfcourt to attempt a shot, but instead chucks up a halfcourt shot with no awareness of the shot clock.

Too much standing around often by the AI, passing the ball around needs to be more frequent, this can often be related to 2k play view not being turned on, so i suggest its turned on by default so the player can notice and get in position for the play so the AI continues the play and it doesn't seem like the AI is frozen.
wow this is still going on
Old 10-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Chip
wow this is still going on
I still love the game! and it doesn't happen enough to annoy me and make me wanna rage quit or something LOL

But they do happen, and if they get fixed....ufff

No question, best last gen game for me

But don't take it personally on last gen, ive seen these things happening on next gen too lol
Old 10-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #24
Rookie

FOXHOUNDxBigBoss's Arena

Not sure if this was already posted but here's another bug I'm aware of.

PLATFORM: Playstation 3

GAME AREA: Crew Mode (Online)

ISSUE: "NBA Rules" option on Crew Mode (online) has no rules whatsoever. When playing NBA Rules in Crew, there are no fouls, no time outs, no 3 second in the key penalty, etc. We're not even able to call timeouts. The points are even counted as 1s and 2s, it's basically blacktop with 6 minute quarters.

HOW TO REPRODUCE:
1- Launch Game
2- Get into a Crew game online utilizing "NBA Rules"
3 - Attempt to intentionally foul or call a time out in the game.

FREQUENCY: Everytime you play an online crew game utilizing this rule set.

EXPECTATION: Under NBA Rules the game should be utilizing the official rules regulated by the National Basketball Association instead of being a free-for-all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »