Home

Playbooks Play-Type Assignments They should add

This is a discussion on Playbooks Play-Type Assignments They should add within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #33
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Playbooks Play-Type Assignments They should add

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
We need both. 4 play types per player is already too few and that doesn't include the new play types that we're asking for in this thread.

We also need a way to give weight to each play type for a player. In fact, we really need a way to give weight to play types within the Coach Profiles. It's currently impossible to recreate the D'Antoni offense of highly weighted P&R and still give guys like Melo and Amare the ability to play like themselves if they were traded from the Knicks.
I agree where is option C Czar? LOL!

Its easy to recreate the D'Antoni system. Set everyones tendency to100 in Isolation and Lins to 100 in PNR. Have all spot ups outside the 3 line, and then turn play call to 0. You now have the D'Antoni system:-) J/k
Old 02-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #34
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
That is how it was designed.
I wish they would make this type of information available to us and let us know the theory behind some of these type of things. I know from testing they call the last play in playbook and it is random, but I always wondered which plays were called and how the AI decided that. So, Im assuming it go's off of touches first and then play type at top of the players list and then weight the top play in that play type within the playbook?

Now I need to start a version 3 playbook your telling me? SMH! LOL! FML!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #35
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I wish they would make this type of information available to us and let us know the theory behind some of these type of things. I know from testing they call the last play in playbook and it is random, but I always wondered which plays were called and how the AI decided that. So, Im assuming it go's off of touches first and then play type at top of the players list and then weight the top play in that play type within the playbook?

Now I need to start a version 3 playbook your telling me? SMH! LOL! FML!
Can I say "I told you so."? LOL. At least now we know for a fact it's true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #36
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I understand you would like to have both. If that is not an option as it wasn't last year the question on the table is which one do you prefer. You can weight them currently this year the order you pick them is how they are weighed.
I'd take the separation of play types (Handoff especially) and the option to choose 6 play types per player over the weighting of plays.

If the game weighs plays based on their location in the playbook, then that's at least a partial solution we can use to our advantage. There's nothing we can do right now about being limited to 4 play types and any more play types that are added makes the problem worse.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #37
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
We need both. 4 play types per player is already too few and that doesn't include the new play types that we're asking for in this thread.

We also need a way to give weight to each play type for a player. In fact, we really need a way to give weight to play types within the Coach Profiles. It's currently impossible to recreate the D'Antoni offense of highly weighted P&R and still give guys like Melo and Amare the ability to play like themselves if they were traded from the Knicks.
I agree with 4 play types is to few, I think we need 5 at the least per player. I would like to see if we went the weighted plays route that we have the ability to weight individual plays rather than a play type. Is that to much to ask? LOL! This way we prevent guys like Chandler running the PNP because he is in same play type as Amare. Unless they change and add all new plays with a wide variety from different angles with 41 pop, 41 roll, 51 pop, 51 roll, etc...
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #38
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Can I say "I told you so."? LOL. At least now we know for a fact it's true.
LOL! True, Id much rather know whether I liked it or not than take a guess on how we think the AI calls plays. The thing was we were seeing plays at bottom of playbook called too so there is variety and randomness to it. I just need to tweak and weight the top plays per play type and per team and move them and switch spots with other plays within that play type. Its not that bad but slightly annoying! LOL Again why not tell us and give us this information? Why is this a secret? Oh well... LOL!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

i would rather have more options within the play types than to have more play types... just my opinion if i was forced between those two options.

what would be nice is to add new features around execution of plays. plays continue even if you dont use the screen, dribble handoffs, fake handoffs, slip screen option for the big for those hard hedges.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 12

Didnt pnr or pnp use to be determined by how long you held the button?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »