Home

Playbooks Play-Type Assignments They should add

This is a discussion on Playbooks Play-Type Assignments They should add within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Playbooks Play-Type Assignments They should add

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I think they need to perfect what they have before adding more things that are broke within the playbook. Fix the speed at which guys run plays at and the 354 plays that do not work! This is the problem when we move forward and try to add more things and forget about fixing what needs to be fixed in the 1st place to improve the gameplay out of the box.
Unfortunately making games doesn't work like that. Some things will be fixed and some things will not. You can't sell a new game with no new features. Even if all those are fixed any new system upgrades are bound to introduce new issues.

But of course that is a diff conversation this is about play-types
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #18
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Unfortunately making games doesn't work like that. Some things will be fixed and some things will not. You can't sell a new game with no new features. Even if all those are fixed any new system upgrades are bound to introduce new issues.

But of course that is a diff conversation this is about play-types
Obviously, but add those new features to gameplay and fix the issues within play books first before moving on in a new direction and like you said it would just create new issues on top of the old ones which gives us double the issues. BUT your right back on topic and sorry for derailing. Just my opinion though.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #19

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Are we getting more plays that can be weighted for an individual or per team?
Per player just like this year. My question is for IF that remains the same. So that you can either assign 5-6 up to whatever many play types per player but they can't be weighted ?

Or would you prefer to have fewer play-types per play but they can be weighted ?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Per player just like this year. My question is for IF that remains the same. So that you can either assign 5-6 up to whatever many play types per player but they can't be weighted ?

Or would you prefer to have fewer play-types per play but they can be weighted ?
OK i'm a little slow and occasionally ride on the short bus!

Its a great question but one thats hard to answer without more specifics. Such as what are the play types? Im assuming we are talking PNR, Post up, Mid, and 3 point? Are we going to eliminate the plays within a play type or are we going to add those to those 4 play types so we don't lose certain plays such as some flex cutters, dribble handoffs, or alley oops that fall into the cutter play type?

I realize we are talking hypothetically here but all those factor into making this decision. If the answer is yes and we have the same amount of plays with fewer play types then I say lets go with the fewer play types and weighted plays. If we lose all those other plays without adding more plays then I say give us more play types per player.

Quote:
I felt the weighting would give roster makers more control over the outcome as there was no other way to control how often another type would be selected
I do agree and I guess I would rather have the control the more I think about it. Man, can't we just have them both? LOL! Great question!

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 02-21-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
So to be clear your in favor of more play-types even if they can NOT be weighted.
I'd be in favor of any progress, but obviously would prefer to have the ability to weigh the play types for each player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #22
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I would be in favor of more play types with options. I am not sure that is a separate type but more play types are great

Example you call a 3pt play like Dal Baseline the last guy to set to screen could be a roller or if the CPU or AI over plays the play
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #23

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
I realize we are talking hypothetically here but all those factor into making this decision. If the answer is yes and we have the same amount of plays with fewer play types then I say lets go with the fewer play types and weighted plays. If we lose all those other plays without adding more plays then I say give us more play types per player.

I do agree and I guess I would rather have the control the more I think about it. Man, can't we just have them both? LOL! Great question!
I find myself on that bus all the time so don't worry about it LOL.

The essence of that question is the heart of game development from my limited experience. Those are the hard decision that have to be made. Sometimes you can have both but then that means you will miss something else. LOL
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #24

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'd be in favor of any progress, but obviously would prefer to have the ability to weigh the play types for each player.
So which one do you prefer fam ? If I read you right your still saying both... LOL is progress more play types assigned per player.

To be clear the amount of playtypes assignable wouldn't change or unless it went up.

The only thing this effects is number of play types you can assign to each player. do you want more like 5-6 up to 8 that CAN be assigned per player or do you want to keep the 4 per player but allow them to be weighted so that the first type you select will be ran more than the 2. etc etc down to the 4th.

Again this is all hypothetical maybe the pull the rabbit and we can have both. But if we cant just want to get an idea for the preference most guys here would have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »