Home

Passing in the paint ?

This is a discussion on Passing in the paint ? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Passing in the paint ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Sure they will. But let's not blow the door wide open for them. There are a lot of us that play online and we would love to see the gameplay improve there not deteriorate.
Most people play offline, and we would like to see the gameplay improve there...
Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #34
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
In the right hands it may allow you to get a few passes through that you should but currently may not be able to.

In the wrong hands expect a few more lead pass attempts from Wisconsens finest. Some of those that aren't getting through now will probably make it through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont even play online so that cheese stuff means nothing to me...and i agree with whoever said that cheesers always will be no matter what is changed

I wish for once 2k would make the game without those guys in mind when considering the base of the game

I dont personally have enough issues with passing on breaks that I think it should be sped up or whatever it is...but maybe im alone, while passing could use some work...getting it to someone on the break isnt make or break for me
Old 10-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 19

Don't change the a.I , just make bounce passes more prevelant in the paint and on the break. Also have the deflections based on defensive awareness. Aaron Grey shouldn't have E.Honda hands.

That would mean that if crowded the ball will not get through, but on the break you would have the advantage.

And speed up the passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

i have played about 50-60 games or so, about 40 online. personally i do think the passing in the paint and in general needs to be a little faster. there is nothing more frustrating that playing someone who plays zone and runs around with everyone clicking x. i know how to beat a zone, in nba 2k11 i used to kill zones. but it is a lot harder in 2k12 because it takes me like 2 seconds to execute each pass. passing out and into the paint is even worst, i see an open guy in the paint and it takes my passer 2 seconds to get him the ball and then 2 more seconds to pass out of it. thats not basketball, i loved the ball movement in nba2k11. i know cheesers were over doing lead passing in 2k11 but i didnt think the lead passing itself was the problem, i thought my cpu teammates reaction (or non-reaction) to lead passes was the bigger problem, not lead passing it self. slowing down lead passes or passing in the paint results in sluggish and hair pulling 2 second passings. thats all i got
Old 10-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #37
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

It could be better but now I usually pull up in transition or do a give and go.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #38
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

The one thing I don't like right now is the way the give and go works on the break. As KyotoCarl said early. I should be able to pass the ball to up court quickly. And then the passer fill in the lanes. But that doesn't happen. I would like to be able to tell the CPU to shoot or when to go in for a layup (even though I'm controlling another player). But back to the give and go. When I use it. The player just doesn't keep running hard. He gets stuck in his animation. And doesn't keep running.

edit: There should be more plays where the basketball doesn't touch the ground. Thats's what fastbreak basketball is really about.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-24-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #39
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I dont even play online so that cheese stuff means nothing to me...and i agree with whoever said that cheesers always will be no matter what is changed

I wish for once 2k would make the game without those guys in mind when considering the base of the game

I dont personally have enough issues with passing on breaks that I think it should be sped up or whatever it is...but maybe im alone, while passing could use some work...getting it to someone on the break isnt make or break for me
But why shrug off people that play user vs user? I don't think that's fair at all. I agree a balance is needed but to say don't consider user vs user online isn't right. Vice versa, it's not right to say don't consider offline users when making adjustments. That's what you guys purchased the game for.

I used to be a user vs cpu player years ago when I was younger but I enjoy playing against another user even more now. Does that mean online/user vs. user players should be ignored?

I don't have a problem with fastbreak passing either. Not sure how it is against the CPU but user vs user that area is fine with me. It's the passing around the perimeter that's an issue for me. It's extremely slow and floaty when passing.

When making defensive adjustments and coaching profile adjustments; defensive rotations are pretty accurate to me. I'm not sure why they didn't just leave the passing the way it was in 2k11 and work on the rotations even more to perfect them. As of now, help defense is pretty good which would slow down that lead passing a bit.

Another thing I would like to know is if lead passing could be similar to route based passing in nfl 2k5 and all pro football. Where you could call for the "roll" guy to roll to the basketball but his speed doesn't change, but yet where the ball is placed when you pass it would depend on where you lead it. So you would be able to lead the ball away from the defender if you wanted but if you lead too much the pass would either go out of bounds, hit a body and be "live" or get intercepted depending on how much you lead it.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #40
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
i have played about 50-60 games or so, about 40 online. personally i do think the passing in the paint and in general needs to be a little faster. there is nothing more frustrating that playing someone who plays zone and runs around with everyone clicking x. i know how to beat a zone, in nba 2k11 i used to kill zones. but it is a lot harder in 2k12 because it takes me like 2 seconds to execute each pass. passing out and into the paint is even worst, i see an open guy in the paint and it takes my passer 2 seconds to get him the ball and then 2 more seconds to pass out of it. thats not basketball, i loved the ball movement in nba2k11. i know cheesers were over doing lead passing in 2k11 but i didnt think the lead passing itself was the problem, i thought my cpu teammates reaction (or non-reaction) to lead passes was the bigger problem, not lead passing it self. slowing down lead passes or passing in the paint results in sluggish and hair pulling 2 second passings. thats all i got
my feelings exactly...all they had to do to stop the lead passing was improve the help defense on the interior (which they did)...they DID NOT need to slow down the passing as well...now i can't even complete a legit pass because they made the passing so slow and crappy. it feels like they just went too far in an attempt to prevent inside passing that they now limit people who are just trying to make a legit pass through an actual opening. the lead passing wasn't the problem...the problem was the lazy, unaware help defenders that didn't rotate over during and after the lead pass.

Last edited by blues rocker; 10-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »