Home

Old 07-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #33
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: pnr play type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
I'm of the opinion that less is more. If J.R. Smith has 7 pages worth of plays it's a bit overwhelming with only a 24 second shot clock (less if inbounding in half-court.

Only solution I can think of is first playbook menu should be a "favorites" list where the plays you want to call with that player are hotlinked. These can be preset by the AI and then changed by the user. That way all the plays are still available when scrolling beyond that initial list, and limits scrolling through PBs to simheads that want a large variety.
Greedy I really feel that eventually something needs to be done to corral this. If your new to the game it is definitely intimidating.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 07-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #34
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
With you 100% on this one. the other game has a superior design in regards to this portion of the pnr game. You shouldn't have to determine pre screen what should happen.
Just to answer to this, what do you think about this control scheme Czar?

RB (R1) is the screen button.

You press it once and the screener comes and set a screen. If you don't do anything the screen stays there and you can use it multiple times if you want to.

Then you can:

_ Hold the screen button for a second (Or maybe tap it twice quickly) and he will fade.

_ Just press the screen button and it will roll.

You can easily run p'n'r, p'n'f, p'n's while reading and reacting. And only one bumper is needed.

Last edited by Vni; 07-11-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #35

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
I just think they should have the AI to know when to pick, pop, or slip based on IQ or offensive awarness paired with their tendencies. FIRST 2k has to make sure picks are set properly and the tendencies work first of all or its still going to be garbage.

then add the necessary animations that cater to a successful pick n roll like the pocket pass, a catch and immediate two step gather finish following some pick n rolls in the paint, things like that, just more bounce passes out of picks period b/c most of the time when you pass to a screener its going to be a bounce pass if not a lob.

It would be so nice if instead of GIVE N GO it was HAND OFF PLAY where you press X and your man passes it and if you hold it the reciever of the pass sets a screen with the ball in hand for you to run around and when you release it its a HAND OFF PASS, THAT WOULD BE NASSTY LOL!
Absolutely fam! Also dope idea there at the end.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #36

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikwelity
The playbooks should be trimmed to eliminate redundancy, and a universal terminology should be settled upon. There is no right or wrong terminology, it just has to be consistent.
Absolutely! It is the bad combo of time consuming, and of relative lowered importance, but needs to be done.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #37
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
pnr play type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Greedy I really feel that eventually something needs to be done to corral this. If your new to the game it is definitely intimidating.

Yeah this is one reason guys I know removed the pick and roll play type assignment from the bigs and attached them to the point guard to reduce the play pages for the other players which is the opposite of what you are suggesting here.

When you could save playbooks, they also remove the plays from the playbook and reorganize them based on how often they are used so they can access them quicker.

Essentially play calling is a memory game right now anyway. Eventually you just remember the button presses needed for each player.

It's more fluid than assigning POEs on the fly but it's good to know some more thought is going into play calling in general.

Personally for myself, I'd rather see them make available a saved playbook we can use across all modes as a first priority that we can organize how we want.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #38

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

You press it once and the screener comes and set a screen. If you don't do anything the screen stays there and you can use it multiple times if you want to.

Then you can:

_ Hold the screen button for a second (Or maybe tap it twice quickly) and he will fade.

You can easily run p'n'r, p'n'f, p'n's while reading and reacting. And only one bumper is needed.
NOICE.....
Old 07-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #39

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com

Personally for myself, I'd rather see them make available a saved playbook we can use across all modes as a first priority that we can organize how we want.
I understand saved plays and manual play organization are huge for the community. Back-end stuff has prevented both but I keep those ideas on repeat looking for a way to get em implemented. Keep Hope Alive. LOL
Old 07-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #40
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

Then you can:

Perfect!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »