Home

Old 07-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
pnr play type

What's good fam!

Question for you dudes who use plays. If you have a pg with pnr play-type does it make sense for any pick and fade plays to show up ? I am thinking that only pick and roll option plays (Where roller decides to roll or fade) or Pick and roll Plays should populate that list.

What are your thoughts ?
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
pnr play type

I've gotten in the habit of calling pick and roll plays with the screeners man maybe because George Hill isn't as strong a point guard. Could be just coincidence but I feel like I get better roll action from the big when I call the play for them.

Some guys in my league remove the pick and roll option from the big all together to clean out those plays from the bigs playlist.

I think it depends on if you'd have a play where the point guard sets the screen and the point guard could fade. But I don't know if that's an option in the game from the playbook since I haven't done that that way.

Other thoughts:

I don't like the play calling the way it's set up to alternate either. What might work better is to have a screen for each play type if it's eventually possible.

So if want to call a play for a player, each tab would be a certain play type and then I select. It's hard for me to remember what 50 plays do by name if I have that many until late in the season except I can tell which are PNR plays because it has b or s next to it.

If they still have POE then you could maybe tie plays that show up on the tabs to the offensive emphasis to narrow choice on the fly but that might take too long on the fly.

Tabs for plays you'd like to use for special situations that you had access to in the timeout screen you could call before you leave the timeout would be cool.

We also like to organize the plays by how often we use them with the top being most used etc so if the game learned that for us that would be nice.

Of course each player is different so I might want different plays for each person who get the same playtype.

Of course a portable playbook across all modes would be nice and a way to practice all plays situationally in that mode would be nice as well as game feedback on how successful that play is for you in that game and for the season.

I heard there are out of bounds plays but it's extremely difficult to work with those lol.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 07-07-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: pnr play type

Good feedback coach. Let me make this more specific as I'm not sure you get what I am asking.

If you have the pnr playtype assigned to your pg and there are similar plays like 14 fist(pnr option), 14 fist down(pnroll), 14 fist out(Pnfade) is there any reason you can think of where you need to see all 3 of those pop up when you call a pnr play ?

Are you ok with just 14 fist and 14 fist down as the only options to reduce the amount of similar plays that pop up for the PG when he has the pnr play-type assigned.

The 14 fist down and 14 fist out would still apply to those non pg players when assigned to them. My question is do you need to see all the pnf plays when your calling plays for your pg ?
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

pnr play type

For me personally I don't need to see all of them no.

Others maybe since they remove the option from the screener but I think they could adjust. They thought it was redundant to list the play twice (under the pg and the under the big).

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Last edited by Coach2K; 07-07-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Good feedback coach. Let me make this more specific as I'm not sure you get what I am asking.

If you have the pnr playtype assigned to your pg and there are similar plays like 14 fist(pnr option), 14 fist down(pnroll), 14 fist out(Pnfade) is there any reason you can think of where you need to see all 3 of those pop up when you call a pnr play ?

Are you ok with just 14 fist and 14 fist down as the only options to reduce the amount of similar plays that pop up for the PG when he has the pnr play-type assigned.

The 14 fist down and 14 fist out would still apply to those non pg players when assigned to them. My question is do you need to see all the pnf plays when your calling plays for your pg ?
I would rather them keep the fade/out options on the play call screen together and not reduce it to roll or option only plays. I call alot of pick and fade plays and I like the option of being able to choose between the three at once. Especially with some of the gimmick defenses people run this year.

I see you have been getting feedback on key game play areas and it is greatly appreciated. Can't wait until you start asking about defensive rotations and poe/defensive setting changes.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 07-07-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I would rather them keep the fade/out options on the play call and not reduce it to roll or option only plays. I call alot of pick and fade plays and I like the option.

Probably going to depend somewhat on your team you think?

Old 07-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

If I'm understanding what you are saying here Da_Czar, I don't need to see them, and I don't want to! I'd like to choose individual plays - like in the past gen of consoles - because I don't want to see 14 plays of one type when I won't probably use the 80% of them during a match =)

Off topic:

What I would also like to see is "mini games" during the execution of certain plays - they are so simple that the user doesn't have nearly any control in their execution -. For example, if I call for an off screen for my SG, during the execution of the play, I would like to choose if the SG continues to the corner or cuts to the hoop, depending if I press A or B, in order to take advantage of the opponent defense.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #8
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it's a mixed bag. While I would like to only see plays of a certain type when I try to call them (P&R vs P&F), it hurts a little to do that if we're only limited to five total play types to choose from for that player. Being able to run a P&R as well as P&F would eliminate two of those five spots.

Did I explain that well? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »