Home

Every basket is a swish now

This is a discussion on Every basket is a swish now within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2024, 04:30 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Every basket is a swish now

Looks like they fixed it lol. Not sure if my ticket was the reason why, but sometimes all you have to do is take the steps to a resolution and hope that you don't go unheard. The physics are a lot better than what they were
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2024, 03:49 PM   #42
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not seeing any jump shots bounce around on the rim or anything like that, but I definitely notice more jump shots and 3 pointers hitting the back of the rim and going down rather than going straight through.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:35 AM   #43
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

The cpu swishing everything is going to make me pht down this game. I play offline myleague with user timing and damn the cpu swishes all their shots no rattles no bounces nothing just swishes ...frikkin irritating to say the least. This new era shot mechanism ruined everything.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:31 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 13

want to say after trying older 2k games, including live even, can conclude 2k24 is just no fun, like this thread, the cpu either swish or miss, the bounce created would never have the ball to rim in
Old 04-19-2024, 12:23 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenXCarson
Looks like they fixed it lol. Not sure if my ticket was the reason why, but sometimes all you have to do is take the steps to a resolution and hope that you don't go unheard. The physics are a lot better than what they were
I don't see any difference. All shots I take with Booker, KD, Allen are swishes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2024, 09:52 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I'm not seeing any jump shots bounce around on the rim or anything like that, but I definitely notice more jump shots and 3 pointers hitting the back of the rim and going down rather than going straight through.
Yeah, it's not perfect but we're too late in the game's lifecycle for them to completely revamp the physics. Would still love to see more long rebounds, but this is a much better improvement to where it was 2-3 months ago
Old 04-25-2024, 09:57 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqfu9
I don't see any difference. All shots I take with Booker, KD, Allen are swishes.
That's weird lmao. It's such a drastic improvement from where it was for me back in January. You still won't see shots bounce around the rim or anything, but they will def hit the sides of the rim, back of the rim, and hit the backboard and fall in now.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:22 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenXCarson
That's weird lmao. It's such a drastic improvement from where it was for me back in January. You still won't see shots bounce around the rim or anything, but they will def hit the sides of the rim, back of the rim, and hit the backboard and fall in now.
I did a quick test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XW8n1PmbrY
First part of the video is Kyrie hitting shots in 2k23 Old-gen. You can see great variety of ball-rim interactions.

Second part is 2k24 current-gen. All catch and shoot jumpers, inside and outside the 3pt line are swishes. Moving shots inside the 3pt line are all swishes as well. There's more ball-rim variety on moving shots outside 3pt line.

I've made catch and shoot 3s with Bol Bol that hit both sides of the rim. So maybe player ratings, bases and releases also play a part on this. But still think the old system was better and more realistic-

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »