Home

Every basket is a swish now

This is a discussion on Every basket is a swish now within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-13-2024, 05:53 PM   #17
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Every basket is a swish now

I just searched for a thread on this, happy to see it was brought up recently, think I'll write about it this week since it's a pet peeve but it is noticeable.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:16 PM   #18
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

I could be wrong but I think I saw one of the CPU's layups circle the drain yesterday and go in. It could have just been a putback though. I should have checked the replay.
Old 02-14-2024, 04:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I just searched for a thread on this, happy to see it was brought up recently, think I'll write about it this week since it's a pet peeve but it is noticeable.
What do you mean write about it? Like submit a ticket? I was going to do the same as well.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM   #20
Rookie

I turned off Perfect Shot Animation both on general and controller settings and the frequency of swishes reduced. It's still around 50% of the shots but it's better than the 90%+ from before. But I only played 2 games, so I ask you folks to also test it and post your impressions here.

Edit: oh, I play with Real player % and mostly Magic and Jordan eras. Don't know if these are also factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I could be wrong but I think I saw one of the CPU's layups circle the drain yesterday and go in. It could have just been a putback though. I should have checked the replay.
Saw one of these yesterday, out of a shimmy shot from Moses.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:25 AM   #21
Pro

Seeing quite a few lay-ups that bounce/spin around the rim before going in. All jumpers are swishes though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2024, 10:57 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessavini
I turned off Perfect Shot Animation both on general and controller settings and the frequency of swishes reduced. It's still around 50% of the shots but it's better than the 90%+ from before. But I only played 2 games, so I ask you folks to also test it and post your impressions here.
Forget it, it was just placebo. Tried a couple more games and it's 90% swishes on jumpshots.

This is frankly, draining part of my enthusiasm for the game, as it gives an artificial vibe to the experience.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:24 PM   #23
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Although I play on last gen, I think this issue exists on both gens. I'm pretty sure it started in 2K21 on last gen (or was it 2K20?).

I do see a few layups where the ball spins around and slowly goes in, and a few here and there on jumpers. But, at least on last gen, there is no such thing as the ball hops on the rim and goes in (which is rare anyway) - it's an automatic miss.

That's unlike the older last gen 2Ks that had GREAT ball-rim interaction, where you could see every possible scenario. I play them occasionally and amazed by this aspect if the game. What happened???

I actually contacted 2K a couple of months ago and pointed this out, but looks like that's not a priority for them. It's been like that a few years (at least on last gen) and may not get fixed.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 02-15-2024, 02:12 PM   #24
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Every basket is a swish now

I thought the topic was about jumpshots….which are swishes the large majority of the time.

I actually see a pretty wide variety of layup conversations- though this is online where there may be l more variables. Don’t know.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-15-2024 at 03:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »