Home

Every basket is a swish now

This is a discussion on Every basket is a swish now within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-15-2024, 02:30 PM   #25
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Every basket is a swish now

I'm 95% cpu v cpu guy and it's the same in those games too. I honestly cannot recall when I've seen a shot go in that wasn't a swish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2024, 06:59 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I thought the topic was about jumpshots….which are swishes the large majority of the time.

I actually see a pretty wide variety of layup conversations- though this is online where there may be l more variables. Don’t know.
Yes, the issue is more frequent on jumpshots. On layups and post shots the frequency drops a bit.

It's worth noting a correlated issue is that, if the ball hit the iron, it never goes in. No suspenseful Jokic iron-bouncing post shots here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Although I play on last gen, I think this issue exists on both gens. I'm pretty sure it started in 2K21 on last gen (or was it 2K20?).
Coming from PS4 2k22, and the issue doesn't exist there. It's the opposite actually, with swishes being rare and almost every ball touching the side of the basket.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:47 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessavini
Coming from PS4 2k22, and the issue doesn't exist there. It's the opposite actually, with swishes being rare and almost every ball touching the side of the basket.
Last year (2k23 for PS4) almost every jumper was a swish at first. Then they patched it and there was pretty good ball-rim interactions.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:03 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqfu9
Last year (2k23 for PS4) almost every jumper was a swish at first. Then they patched it and there was pretty good ball-rim interactions.
Ahh that's great to know. I'll wait more until coming back to the game then. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:51 AM   #29
Rookie

I’d also add that it seems like for some guys shot animations, they’ll hit back rim every now and then. Julius Randle for example always seems to hit back rim on his 3s, and maybe 25% of the time it’s a swish. So I’m sure it has something to do with the player shot too.

Also layups are brutal. You’ll drive the lane and know if it’s going in because no matter the angle or speed, the ball just goes up and floats in. Definitely a physics thing but I hope they can patch that up too.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:00 AM   #30
Pro

The ball floating directly up and down on a "flip" lay-up has been in the game for a few years now. Always goes in and takes an eternity to do so.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:03 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
The ball floating directly up and down on a "flip" lay-up has been in the game for a few years now. Always goes in and takes an eternity to do so.
I know, but it seems like it happens more now than before. Less layups off the glass and layups with contact it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 05:12 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
I’d also add that it seems like for some guys shot animations, they’ll hit back rim every now and then. Julius Randle for example always seems to hit back rim on his 3s, and maybe 25% of the time it’s a swish. So I’m sure it has something to do with the player shot too.
I think you're right. I'm playing with the Suns and players like Booker or Allen swish every shot while Bol Bol usually hits back rim and other ball-rim interactions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »