Home

NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2023, 11:40 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

This is an interesting feature with 2K using actual game footage instead of straight mo cap to capture players movements. It makes sense to go this route technology wise since they have unlimited footage of all of the NBA players, heck even rookies coming into the league. Also they should be able to constantly update the players moves if they are using gameplay footage.

Two questions I do have are for one, will any of this translate over to the classic players? Classic players from the mid 1980's and up, they should be able to capture their gameplay footage easily from their games. It would be pretty cool for all if not most of the classic players movements, shots, dribbling ect to get updated to real life since they are using this instead of MO cap, which of course is in possible to use on retired players. If so this would be a huge step forward for the classic teams game play.

The other question I have is a presentation one. Can we finally get a true halftime show with better halftime highlights and highlight's from around the league of other games going on like NFL2K5 use to do. Especially since it seem like 2K will be utilizing actual NBA game footage alot with this 2K24 feature.
Old 08-15-2023, 11:46 AM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
This is an interesting feature with 2K using actual game footage instead of straight mo cap to capture players movements. It makes sense to go this route technology wise since they have unlimited footage of all of the NBA players, heck even rookies coming into the league. Also they should be able to constantly update the players moves if they are using gameplay footage.

Two questions I do have are for one, will any of this translate over to the classic players? Classic players from the mid 1980's and up, they should be able to capture their gameplay footage easily from their games. It would be pretty cool for all if not most of the classic players movements, shots, dribbling ect to get updated to real life since they are using this instead of MO cap, which of course is in possible to use on retired players. If so this would be a huge step forward for the classic teams game play.

The other question I have is a presentation one. Can we finally get a true halftime show with better halftime highlights and highlight's from around the league of other games going on like NFL2K5 use to do. Especially since it seem like 2K will be utilizing actual NBA game footage alot with this 2K24 feature.

I sure hope so for the classic teams. I'd love to see Magic Johnson play and move like Magic.
Old 08-15-2023, 11:46 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Let's go! Good stuff Mike! Can't wait!

I just hope the issue with the ball not hitting the floor & getting stuck in mid air at times during certain chained dribble moves has been addressed. Especially with all of the new dribble moves being added. That has been one of my biggest gripes with the game.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 08-15-2023 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 11:59 AM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Oh yeah...

via GIPHY

this GIF is felt more real than the actual trailer
Old 08-15-2023, 12:08 PM   #37
Banned

All of this looks promising. Y’all know I’m a visuals guy though. Few things that standout. STAPLES FINALLY LOOKS LIKE STAPLES!! Arena specific lighting has finally been implemented!! And Tatum finally looks like a basketball player!! Huge W 2k 🙌

Old 08-15-2023, 12:10 PM   #38
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Oh yeah...

via GIPHY

The crazy thing is how the defense reacted to the animation. That is actually very realistic. I need to know how does this behave as a user Defender? I hope we won't be stuck in an animation
Old 08-15-2023, 12:11 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
If this is actual in-game footage, take notice of how the defender switches stance based on Curry's moves. The movements both on offense and defense look crazy good!!
O yeah, I’m impressed of the defender movement that feels very real and not only sliding with determinate fix path.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:16 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Oh My...

via GIPHY

Unbelievable

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »