Home

NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2023, 11:13 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman232
nitpick: seems like we won't get an accurate representation of Kobe during the mid to late 2000s, he didn't get his arm tat expanded on until 2013. Small to most but since we are getting mamba moments, just wish it could be visually accurate.

on a positive note: trailer looks good, really like the movements, feels good to be reading courtside reports again.. we are getting close.
I could be wrong but I believe the issue with Kobe’s accurate tattoos during those years has something to do with licensing issues with the tat itself than anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 11:20 AM   #26
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Oh yeah...

via GIPHY

If this is actual in-game footage, take notice of how the defender switches stance based on Curry's moves. The movements both on offense and defense look crazy good!!
Old 08-15-2023, 11:27 AM   #27
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Let's see some of these new animation mechanics for the classic teams and eras mode.......

You get some of that in for the old school teams, I may at least entertain a conversation about purchasing. Maybe.
Old 08-15-2023, 11:28 AM   #28
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

2K have finally addressed my two biggest gripes with the game: Shooting and Substitutions.

“Green or miss” is there for online players as well as in HOF difficulty, but has finally been removed for Superstar and lower difficulties. Massive W.

Substitutions are FINALLY implemented the way they always should have been, instead of the ridiculous hockey-style full lineup swaps we’ve been dealing with for over a decade. Closing lineups, making sure to keep a scorer on the floor during random subs, 6th man being taken into account. FINALLY.

On top of all that, they’ve brought back a focus on defensive foot-planting (will sliding finally be gone?) and pressure/contact being used as a nerf to shot percentage instead of just to stamina for aggressive dribblers. AND it sounds like ProPlay will finally deliver that true-to-life animation transitions that the series has always been missing.

2K24 seems to be checking off literally every single one of the gameplay “must have improvements”. Now if they give us a few more MyNBA Eras starting points (late 2000s/early 2010s please!) and maybe some improvements to the season simulation engine and roster building AI improvements (trades, free agency/draft targets) then we’re looking at something special.
Old 08-15-2023, 11:32 AM   #29
MVP

tru11's Arena

Id like to see actual game play and see if the AI is still mentally challenged.

Rec AI missing wide open shots because they got programmed to release their own shot very late is a big No…..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 08-15-2023, 11:34 AM   #30
Pro

That Durant Iso on Harrison Barnes looked good offensively

But if I’m using Harrison Barnes am I CANNED into that animation?
Old 08-15-2023, 11:35 AM   #31
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Now if they give us a few more MyNBA Eras starting points (late 2000s/early 2010s please!)
I believe we are getting 2010-2011 "LeBron/Heatles era", I wouldn't mind a 2007-2008 starting point myself.

Hopefully they give us a new scoreboard or two to go along with a new starting period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 11:40 AM   #32
MVP

Question is do all players get pro play animation, do legends get them. And also does it lock you into more animations than before.

The subbing AI finally sounds good.

Graphically it looks identical to 2K23 if you ask me. They just removed that smoky filter effect they gave 2K23.

Watching the 2K23 trailer the movements look more or less as fluid as they do in 24 to me (maybe my eye for detail on that isn’t as intense as some) so I’ll have to see how it looks with real gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »