Home

NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2023, 12:22 PM   #281
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Absolutely agree about the dunking situation. Big men like Shaq aren't doing any rim hangs at all, and not dipping in to their signature packages.
Yeah, I did a little test/experiment yesterday giving Cole Anthony and Nathan Knight only rim hang + rim pull dunk packages.

I increased their dunk rating - drive only for Anthony and standing + drive for Knight - from 40, 55, 70 to 99 between match ups.

I only saw Cole Anthony pull off one rim - hanging dunk in three or four games (Knight did none), while they both did dunks I hadn't assigned them (the CPU has always been able to do unassigned dunks, BTW).

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2023, 04:38 PM   #282
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0

A lot of new animations, shot/layup timing changes, freelance additions, and substitution improvements sound nice. Can't wait to dive in.

I just hope defense isn't overtuned to the point where poor to average defenders are able to strongly contest shots, both inside and outside. I understand the direction of making everything "skill based" but ratings are still critical to keeping the game grounded.
Old 08-24-2023, 04:44 PM   #283
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24 7
That's a bold statement, but I guess it depends on how you're defining regularly. The best shooters will average anywhere from 30-40% against tight defense.

For example, last year, Dame was 33% from 3 and 37% from 2 against tight defense. Steph was 30% and 39%, respectively.

IDK if I would consider that regularly making contested shots.
Those numbers are much higher than what those players would shoot in 2K against tight defense. I think using regularly is appropriate there. It's not a massive drop off like in 2K.

That said, even if it's clear that players make more contested shots in real life, it wouldn't matter because a lot of 2K fans aren't going to want to see contested shots go in a bit more.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:47 PM   #284
Rookie

RobertjKeeton45's Arena

I've noticed there are still a lot of players that have not been updated or scanned in the game. Anthony Edwards is a number 1 draft pick and still does not have a scan. Jalen and Jaden McDaniels still needs their hairstyles and headbands added on. Hopefully they patch these guys with their correct updates. Robin Lopez needs updated as well. Danuel House needs updated too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »