Home

NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2023, 10:36 AM   #9
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

Looks good. I wonder if it needs special cameras or if we can get this applied for classic players too, at least down the line. Better substitution AI could save a lot of time doing advanced rotations too.
Old 08-15-2023, 10:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertjKeeton45
A lot of players not updated I could see in the trailor!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Is that all you saw man?
They posted a video where we are seeing a potential game changer feature and people complain about the players are not updated… o Jesus… you deserve NBA 2K17 with a lot perfect accessories and hair styling.
Old 08-15-2023, 10:38 AM   #11
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Incredible. It’s looking like I’ll be back in the house a lot more with 2K and Madden looking good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 10:39 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

This looks incredible! Seems very promising. I wonder how far they can take this tech (will it apply to ERAs as well or just a fee superstar moves?).
Old 08-15-2023, 10:40 AM   #13
Rookie

Exactly what I thought this ProPlay was going to be. So basically 2K took the tech last year they used for the Jordan Challenges and applied it across the board. I for one think this is the way to go instead of mocap animations. Kudos to 2K for this.
Old 08-15-2023, 10:44 AM   #14
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Sounds like a lot to be excited about from the animations and controls, to the new play calling options, and even the new substitution system. I always play with autosubs. Just easier than having to manage stamina and lineups but the system was very flawed. There would always be situations where all the starters are subbed out and your stuck trying to figure out how to score with bench players. You'd get into 4th quarters and star players would be left on the bench for minutes in close games. And the patterns were essentially the same every game. Hopefully the new system is more dynamic and realistic.

Not to ignore the main feature, ProPlay. Sounds and looks great from what was shown. My only complaint is that I wish they showed more clips like the Durant one, comparing real footage to game footage. Also would have liked to see some comparisons to 2k23 to really show off the improvements.

Last edited by scottyp180; 08-15-2023 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-15-2023, 10:45 AM   #15
Rookie

The moves look good, I just hope the AI will be able to utilize them properly, even if we have to go in with tendency edits.

Also, I don't necessarily like how 2K takes moments, like the Jimmy Butler timeout gesture, and apply it to the game after the fact. That particular taunt is probably completely over and done with, but now we might have to see it five times a game whenever we play against Jimmy Buckets, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 10:47 AM   #16
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Incredible. It’s looking like I’ll be back in the house a lot more with 2K and Madden looking good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't bought Madden in a couple years. Sounds very promising this year. I'm debating if I pull the trigger and buy Madden and 2K or try to hold off on one of them. Partly to save some money but also because I don't know how I'll have the time for both games. And that's to say nothing about other games releasing this fall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »