Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #417
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Vann- have you tested any of your playbooks with Beds newest roster? Thinking of doing what I did before with 2k's 10/31 roster update but by the time I finish that 2k will have a new roster out and putting your playbooks and playtypes in every new roster takes a while..lol
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #418
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Random question for anyone: What do you use, if anything, to objectively measure a player's speed? The Speed stats on NBA.com are really unreliable; I was honestly hoping they'd have a stat for Top Recorded Speed or something, because Average Speed doesn't do a good job at showing who's faster than who, even to an approximate degree.

Does the full Synergy package have more in-depth speed stats?
Maybe ask VTCRB as I believe he redid his roster with a speed scale. Or look at Sonic's stuff... I didn't touch it... But I'd be interested to see it applied. Did it years ago and loved it... I haven't looked at the synergy stuff for that but I'll look for you although if it's in there I am sure Sonic has it in his spreadsheet...
Old 11-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #419
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Vann- have you tested any of your playbooks with Beds newest roster? Thinking of doing what I did before with 2k's 10/31 roster update but by the time I finish that 2k will have a new roster out and putting your playbooks and playtypes in every new roster takes a while..lol
LOL! Ya that is a place I'm not going. LOL! Ive basically got everything done in mine with a few minor things to do plus I have it playing the way I want it too... There is still stuff in this 2k roster that I don't feel like redoing as well and some of the scales for drives are too low for where I want it... But If I were you I would enter the playbooks to it then you have minimal changes to make if you even wanted too and a lot of the work was done for you. But you would know the fast break would be fixed along with other things... It would be a good base roster with minimal tweaks with everything added imo... But you would still need to go to town on POE's, play types, playbooks, rotations, sig shots, and a few tendencies... LOL! But ya just when you finish then boom a new release. Do it an don't look back! I'll download it:-)
Old 11-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #420
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

By the way, I downloaded the you tube app on xbox and have it set up to my profile. It looks like you can capture 10 minutes at a time and then upload. I tried it with UFC 3 BETA but that was unrecordable but assuming 2k you can (Haven't tried it yet). So, just Let me know how you want (if you want) me to do it...
Old 11-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #421
MVP

OVR: 3

It would great to be able to have this game "right" straight out of the box. I'd settle for having it play right after a month of editing instead of two. The main thing though is a lot of problems are fixable by the gurus who visit this board. How I WISH Madden was like this. There's virtually nothing that can be done to truly change gameplay. I complain about 2k but then I'm always pleased with the end result. There's always a pretty good game underneath the hood. It just needs tweaking. I wish they could nail the good stuff down & build on it for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 10:39 PM   #422
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I'll second the big thanks to Vann, Sonic, & everyone else who's contributed to this thread. It was the "broken plays" thread that made last gen so enjoyable for me. (Damn there were a lot of bad plays back then!)
With work being kind of hectic lately, I've relied on these threads more than ever.

Was there a consensus on "play discipline"? I've kept it into the 60's & 70's for absolute non scorers but never gone below 40 for anyone else. Should it go lower for big scorers?

No consensus I'm sure but I went with a scale like this... (not in front of roster so no examples)

99- Guys who do not look to score or deep bench guys/role players...
95- Just to give some guys some leeway to take whats there but they aren't looking for their shots very often...
Point Guards I gave 80 at the highest so they can create more... Guys like John Wall obviously lower...
25- Special players like JR Smith
40-50 - Guys who score and will look to score or attack when available...
60-70 - depending
70-85 - depending

These were things I scaled then adjusted per team/per player/and after testing in CPU vs CPU and USER vs CPU games... I would break the scale if too aggressive or too passive especially in the 60-85 range... But I will say I ended up scaling it up from where I initially posted earlier in the thread to see some better execution. I went a little too low to start. Of course teams like the Lakers, Hawks, Magic, etc who play a fast style and just go I kept lower and the higher executing teams have a tad higher play discipline throughout their whole team to replicate that as well...
Old 11-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #423
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
It would great to be able to have this game "right" straight out of the box. I'd settle for having it play right after a month of editing instead of two. The main thing though is a lot of problems are fixable by the gurus who visit this board. How I WISH Madden was like this. There's virtually nothing that can be done to truly change gameplay. I complain about 2k but then I'm always pleased with the end result. There's always a pretty good game underneath the hood. It just needs tweaking. I wish they could nail the good stuff down & build on it for next year.

I agree! Man, I'd fly down to 2k studios myself on my own dime and put myself up in a hotel room for a month pre release to test all this stuff out (playbooks & tendencies), put in 16 hour days, and I would GO TO WORK to get it right pre release! No joke! LOL
Old 11-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #424
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm sure most of us would contribute $$ to getting you to the 2k studios!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »