Home

Are there ANY new graphical enhancements this year?

This is a discussion on Are there ANY new graphical enhancements this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-30-2022, 12:50 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Are there ANY new graphical enhancements this year?

I guess it all comes down to what you expect, what you like, and what is important to your playing style.

Some folks may be appalled that when zooming in on the grass on a replay, blades of grass are not accurately represented, based on their interpretation of Kentucky bluegrass versus Bermudagrass.

Some folks may be upset and get angry that a Nike swoosh is positioned 1/4 inch from the pocket seam of a visitors uniform, and wonder how SDS can make such an egregious mistake.

Some folks feel that the beak of the Oriole in Camden Yard is the wrong shade of yellow during a night game, and that “ruins the game” for them….

Then there are other folks that look for accurate ball flights, pitches that break like their real-life counterparts, players that can’t magically morph through one another, and a game that just plays like a real game of baseball.

I’m in the above camp. I’d give up the correct shade of fescue in an April game, for fly-ball physics that accurately represent the backspin on a ball in the gap.

I’d give up the width of the piping on the pants of the batting practice uniform being exactly correct, for Nate Eovaldi to have his correct pitch repertoire and movement of those pitches being indicative of actual pitches and spin rates.

I understand folks can have different wants and needs, but when I read someone complain that the pretzel, a fan in the stands is holding, is the wrong shade of brown- and “they can’t believe they haven’t fixed that yet”…. I just have to shake my head.

Looking forward to Friday, no matter which strain of grass they happened to put in Fenway this year…
~syf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2022, 01:14 PM   #42
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
The show isn’t much worse graphically than 2k…… 2K is probably better but it’s not a huge gap

2k actually looks way better than the show and it looks next gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtercherry
I have a 4K HDR monitor and a PS5 so I know I have an optimal setup. However, I think MLBTS still looks truly incredible. The jerseys, and player animations are really the only thing that haven’t aged well in my opinion, but still don’t look bad.
I have a 4k HDR monitor and a C1 OLED and the game doesn’t look bad but definitely not next gen and no where near 2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
I really don't know how much better the graphics can get.

What!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2022, 01:15 PM   #43
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

The grass in Mlb the show looks extremely low textures and like a bad carpet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2022, 01:50 PM   #44
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
I guess it all comes down to what you expect, what you like, and what is important to your playing style.

Some folks may be appalled that when zooming in on the grass on a replay, blades of grass are not accurately represented, based on their interpretation of Kentucky bluegrass versus Bermudagrass.

Some folks may be upset and get angry that a Nike swoosh is positioned 1/4 inch from the pocket seam of a visitors uniform, and wonder how SDS can make such an egregious mistake.

Some folks feel that the beak of the Oriole in Camden Yard is the wrong shade of yellow during a night game, and that “ruins the game” for them….

Then there are other folks that look for accurate ball flights, pitches that break like their real-life counterparts, players that can’t magically morph through one another, and a game that just plays like a real game of baseball.

I’m in the above camp. I’d give up the correct shade of fescue in an April game, for fly-ball physics that accurately represent the backspin on a ball in the gap.

I’d give up the width of the piping on the pants of the batting practice uniform being exactly correct, for Nate Eovaldi to have his correct pitch repertoire and movement of those pitches being indicative of actual pitches and spin rates.

I understand folks can have different wants and needs, but when I read someone complain that the pretzel, a fan in the stands is holding, is the wrong shade of brown- and “they can’t believe they haven’t fixed that yet”…. I just have to shake my head.

Looking forward to Friday, no matter which strain of grass they happened to put in Fenway this year…
~syf

Are comments like these really necessary? Not sure why everytime someone voices their opinion on wanting better graphics there always has to be someone coming in talking down to everyone like the things they want are CLEARLY more important and you should be happy no matter what. You don't see me going into the franchise threads saying "I don't care about any of this, what this game REALLY needs is better grass textures and player models!"

Saying you don't care about it adds nothing to the conversation.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:56 PM   #45
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface

Are the game's artists the people handling ball physics or each pitcher's repertoire though?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2022, 02:19 PM   #46
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
If it wasn't the same player models and stadium textures since (quite literally) Playstaiton 3, then well, maybe there would be little to complain about graphically.

This game is stale and franchise mode is forgotten, so yeah, I'm not much on giving praise to SDS at this point.
I am not so sure I would say forgotten. I mean new announcers, brand new presentations which go a long way. Some new trade logic in franchise and new free agency things in MTO. I think they made some good leaps this year. Also in an interview they stated franchise is not going anywhere and they continue to grow it. This year Franchise has no fake players. That also a big step. I know so much more can be done in franchise, But I personally would rather they take their time putting things in to be sure they work.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-30-2022, 02:33 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Are comments like these really necessary? Not sure why everytime someone voices their opinion on wanting better graphics there always has to be someone coming in talking down to everyone like the things they want are CLEARLY more important and you should be happy no matter what. You don't see me going into the franchise threads saying "I don't care about any of this, what this game REALLY needs is better grass textures and player models!"

Saying you don't care about it adds nothing to the conversation.

I’ve been here on OS since 2003.

I have read all the same comments for 19 years.

I’m not saying graphical stuff isn’t important.

I’m not saying actual baseball gameplay is more important than if the flagpole shadow is at the correct angle for a 4pm game in June versus August. Oh wait, yes I am.

We can have our opinions, but reading year after year of folks who are “appalled” at the lack of branded catcher’s gear, grass texture, the seams of the ball the wrong color…

Some of us will have been here long enough to remember when there was a baseball game (which shall be un-named) where the spin-rate programming kept you from being able to hit a homerun with a left handed batter. The left-handed batter coding flipped the spin to all-topspin, and you couldn’t even jack the power sliders high enough to overcome the glaring programming error.

This is an example of a complaint that ruined the game. Not whether or not the angle of the airplane taking off at PetCo park was achievable based on the speed the fake plane was traveling.

I’ll leave it alone from now til Friday, but man oh man, the nit-picking and mundane, non-baseball game related complaints, is just over the top.
~syf

Old 03-30-2022, 03:05 PM   #48
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Citing a bug from MVP 04 to try and make a point in 2022. Just amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »