Home

Are there ANY new graphical enhancements this year?

This is a discussion on Are there ANY new graphical enhancements this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-27-2022, 12:13 PM   #17
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Are there ANY new graphical enhancements this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc
There’s no good reason the grass can’t look as good as FIFA/Madden at the very least. It hasn’t changed since PS3 and doesn’t look anything close to real life.

For those complaining about people discussing graphical improvements in a graphic improvements thread, can you let us know what we’re allowed to ask for/discuss in terms of improvements so we don’t annoy you? Obviously we’re only allowed to push for the improvements YOU GUYS want. Cheers.
I play madden every year because I love the NFL. The graphics are great no doubt. The game for me lasts 2 months tops because its just not that good. Regardless how good the grass looks.

There just so many more pertinent items to discuss in my mind on how to improve the show than if the grass looks real.

But its true that people should say what they want on here, so that's my bad.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 03-27-2022, 01:28 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Man, the amount of complaining on this forum about graphics is ridiculous. Seems pretty odd that you guys even play the game at all if the graphics are just that embarrassing.
People hardly talk about graphics here at all. You’re just in a thread about graphics rn. Hope this helps.
Old 03-27-2022, 01:44 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
2K has indoor arenas on a fixed sized court at one time where they all have the same baskets, shot clocks and everything.

MLBTS has to handle sunlight/stadium lights (at different times of day/year) as well as different stadiums.

They are totally incomparable when it comes to graphics.
You're not entirely wrong, but NBA 2k showed a significant upgrade in graphics when moving to the new generation of consoles. The Show did not. The Show isn't a bad looking game, but there is no way you could convince me this is the best the game can look or run.

There are too many textures alone that are too low resolution at this point. Grass is an obvious one. The pants textures are atrocious. Look at a player's back pockets and you'll see what I mean. They look so bad and you seem them constantly when batting from a traditional camera, so this isn't something you have to go into replay mode to notice. Same with cleats and so many other things in the game.

For how many things simply look good, not great, it's crazy they can't get the game to run at a consistently high FPS, too. Again, the game isn't bad looking overall, but it's arguably the worst looking sports game that comes out annually, and it doesn't hold up well to the vast majority of new non-sports titles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-27-2022, 02:40 PM   #20
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
They’re done with episodes now, so no. People who played the test release said it looked sharper but it’ll generally look the same- which is disappointing given it’s a couple of gens out of date graphically in some areas. I don’t believe it’s took any advantage of this generations hardware thus far.
While there won't be an episode on graphics, we aren't done with episodes. They added one to the schedule on the most recent episode. 3/31 is now Diamond Dynasty and Live Content.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2022, 02:43 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I just how the grass (during gameplay not when zooming in close on a replay) still looks like it's from the Playstation 3. I really enjoy the nostalgia is brings. Same with the city skylines, the throwback to 2002 is really appreciated.
I was really hoping that they improved the in game grass graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2022, 02:52 PM   #22
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I play madden every year because I love the NFL. The graphics are great no doubt. The game for me lasts 2 months tops because its just not that good. Regardless how good the grass looks.

There just so many more pertinent items to discuss in my mind on how to improve the show than if the grass looks real.

But its true that people should say what they want on here, so that's my bad.

Sent from my thoughts
Sorry pal my comment was tongue-in-cheek…I didn’t mean for it to be a serious dig.

Listen, the show is my favourite game I’m still playing 21 now as much as I did when it came out in the hope I’ll finally finish my 162 (hopefully + postseason) every pitch/at-bat this year. Cant see any reason why i wont as I’m still having so much fun.

I’ve been playing since 09 and have championed SDS over the likes of EA numerous times on numerous forums as the ‘way to do it’. There’s no doubt we’ve been spoilt over the years, however, DD has caused a switch in recent years which had led to certain areas being neglected. IMO graphically is one of those areas given the lack of notable/significant improvement.

I’m not suggesting SDS should plough all their resources into graphical improvements, it doesn’t work like that of course- the studio is divided into teams but it is about time we had some real focus on graphics and animations on the field. Grass being one of my bugbears especially my since other studios seemed to have mastered real looking turf years ago.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:02 PM   #23
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Sorry pal my comment was tongue-in-cheek…I didn’t mean for it to be a serious dig.

Listen, the show is my favourite game I’m still playing 21 now as much as I did when it came out in the hope I’ll finally finish my 162 (hopefully + postseason) every pitch/at-bat this year. Cant see any reason why i wont as I’m still having so much fun.

I’ve been playing since 09 and have championed SDS over the likes of EA numerous times on numerous forums as the ‘way to do it’. There’s no doubt we’ve been spoilt over the years, however, DD has caused a switch in recent years which had led to certain areas being neglected. IMO graphically is one of those areas given the lack of notable/significant improvement.

I’m not suggesting SDS should plough all their resources into graphical improvements, it doesn’t work like that of course- the studio is divided into teams but it is about time we had some real focus on graphics and animations on the field. Grass being one of my bugbears especially my since other studios seemed to have mastered real looking turf years ago.
Its all good my friend . It's a great game. Some of us like you and I have been dedicated to this game for a loooong time.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 03-27-2022, 05:17 PM   #24
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Are there ANY new graphical enhancements this year?

I guess I am old. The Show is a beautiful game.

Still is.

The lighting on 20 is incredible….and it was even better on 21 on PS5 as well as improvements to player models on the PS5 version (gameplay well that is another discussion lol).

I appreciate the graphical beauty of modern sports games…..but again gameplay seems to have taken a backseat for offline players these days….it finally is really and totally being geared and tuned to online gaming.

Is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-27-2022 at 05:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »