Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-22-2024, 07:37 PM   #489
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

☆End of month Reds recap☆
March/April record: 18-12
Overall record: 18-12

It's the end of April and here are some team and player stats, as well as league leaders.

AL PotM- CF Mike Trout .394 12hr 39rbi
NL PotM- 3B Austin Riley .345c8hr 28rbi

Team leaders:

Avg: TJ Friedl .353
HRs: Matt McLain 10
RBI- Jeimer Candelario 27

League leaders:

HRs- Yordan Alvarez- 14
Jorge Soler- 12
Gunnar Henderson- 12
Mike Trout- 12

RBIs- AL- Mike Trout 39
NL- Jorge Soler 30

Team Notables: Friedl leads NL in batting average (.353).

Matt McLain leads NL in runs scored (24).

Elly De La Cruz with 10 stolen bases is 2nd in MLB and NL.

Hunter Greene is 4th in the NL with 42 strikeouts.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-22-2024 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:26 PM   #490
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
Watching a team on the daily basis and playing them on The Show is hard sometimes. Normally I am all for creating your own reality in sports games, but watching Vlad and Bo burning down parks around the country with their hot bats in the game and then see them strike out in a important at-bat looking at the same pitch 3 times is a bit too much.

So yesterday I decided to put my focus on the real life Jays, while searching for my The Show fix in another team.

It was clear that I would not pick a team in the Jays division, even though the Sox would be an interesting option.

I looked at the Marlins and the alternative reality for them with a healthy rotation would be nice, but I don't see myself getting attached to anyone in that lineup. I had hope for the Mets, because I love the park, the jerseys and Senga, but the lineup didn't click there as well.
The Royals have basically everything I would look for in a team, but their last World Series wasn't that long ago.

So after flipping through the teams for soild 20 minutes yesterday I found a team I think I can work with:

- without injuries good pitching
- troubled history
- international talent across the lineup
- some promising prospects with impact in the game in the near future
- competetive division without a big player

So I started to manage the Cleveland I.. Guardians.

First 3 games ended up being a rollercoaster, which you would not neccessary expect against the As.

- We start with a 1-2 loss in Oakland. The As ended up with just 4 hits, but Zack Gelof hit a 2 run homer in the first inning. Cleveland ended up with 7 guys stranded on base
- then we got a bit of revenge in a 6-4 win. This time both teams produced double digit hits, but a 3-0 9th inning sealed the deal for the Guadians. The As closer ended up with the deserved loss there. Jose Ramirez scored his first home run of the season
- the third game saw the debut of Center Fielder George Valera, who ended up hitless but still got on base because he was one of 4(!) players that got hit by a pitch. All 4 by Mason Miller in a span of 3 innings, which earned him the L in Clevelands 8-4 win. Again Cleveland scored big with 4 runs in the 9th inning, only answered by an inside the park home run by Ryan Noda. Jose Ramirez homered again with 3RBI, Josh Naylor did the same.

I still have to figure the timing out for some of the guys, but I am confident. And another difference to my Blue Jays save: I don't care enough for the guys to not make trades and I can see my strike a deal in a couple weeks. Which reminds me that we really need a trade thread again, because I need some names I could boost my infield with.

It's hard hey ... when real life baseball and Xbox MLB collide!
Old 04-22-2024, 08:49 PM   #491
Rookie

dragster646's Arena

OVR: 0

2025 Washington Nationals

As of June 5, 2025

The Nationals finished May with a record of 15-12, and following a June 1 series sweep of the lowly Giants (19-41), have moved to a record of 33-28.

It was a rough month for Washington, and I was actually surprised when I saw their monthly record. They went 4-3 against Atlanta and won series against Houston and San Diego, but were also swept by Miami and Cincinnati. The bullpen has been inconsistent, which has been magnified by a lack of offensive production. Key players like Mitch Haniger (near the top of the NL in strikeouts) and Andrew Vaughn (.230 average/.370 slug/.634 OPS) are not coming through in key spots, but are not helped by struggles from Brandon Nimmo (batting just .217) or Luis Garcia.

Brady House ended the month hot, playing in just five games since returning from his injury. He has been seeing a lot of pitches, drawing four walks compared to five strikeouts. He has also hit his first home run and has driven in three runs.

On the pitching side, Josiah Gray seems to have put his struggles from 2024 behind him. He is just 4-4, but has a solid 3.64 ERA and had a fantastic start against the red hot Braves: going six innings and giving up only two hits while striking out seven. Justin Dunn has been a lock out of the bullpen in long relief. He has thrown 39 innings, striking out 34 and has a ridiculous ERA of 0.92.

Injuries: CP Zach Warren was placed on the 15-day IL with back pain. Warren had a rough first month and the extended time off was given in hopes that the reliever would be able to regain his confidence. Keibert Ruiz (Broken Leg, again) and Lawrence Butler (Damaged Knee Cartilage) are both out until late June/early July. Gleyber Torres also missed ten days with a torn MCL

Roster Moves: Hunter Harvey, Wilmer Perez, and Donovan Casey were all called up from AAA to join the Nationals. Luis Garcia was also recalled earlier than planned despite his struggles. The return of Brady House and Gleyber Torres late in the month saw Joey Meneses optioned to AAA and Lucius Fox, who was out of options, sent through waivers. Thankfully Fox, a fan favorite, was not claimed by another team and he will remain in the organization.

Around the League
Who's Hot
Los Angeles Dodgers (42-21), Boston Red Sox (34-28; 8-2 in L10), Seattle Mariners (40-23), St. Louis Cardinals (40-23, 8-2 in L10(

Who's Not
The Arizona Diamondbacks (26-37), San Francisco Giants (19-43), Oakland Athletics (21-42), and Pittsburgh Pirates (21-41) are all 1-9 in their last 10 games.

NL East Standings
Atlanta 38-24
Washington 35-29
New York 33-29
Miami 29-34
Philadelphia 24-37

Looking forward... The Nationals will start June by finishing their four game set with San Francisco before heading to Arizona. The schedule gets much tougher with series against the Mariners and Cardinals, before facing the Phillies and A’s twice apiece. Washington will close the month out with a series against the Angels before opening a series against the Pirates to close out June and begin July
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2024, 09:00 PM   #492
Rookie

dragster646's Arena

2025 Washington Nationals Draft

The Nationals, with the tenth pick in the draft, went with a "best player available" strategy this year.

1: Ken Duncan, 1B, 23, L/L C potential, 71 overall, 76 potential rating
2: Stephen Chen, RP, 23, S/L C potential, 60 overall, 78 potential rating
3: Johnnie Sonnenberg, LF, 23, R/R A potential, 72 overall, 90 potential rating
4: Ronald Cruz, 1B, 21, R/R D potential, 73 overall, 67 potential rating
5: Victor Cardenas, CP, 25, R/R B potential, 65 overall, 88 potential rating
6: Travis McFarland, SP, 23, L/L C potential, 69 overall, 74 potential rating

All told, it was a pretty solid draft. I'm really excited to see what Johnnie Sonnenberg can become. The Nationals already have one of the deepest farm systems in the league, so the coming years could see a lot of competition for roster spots.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:19 PM   #493
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster646
2025 Washington Nationals Draft

The Nationals, with the tenth pick in the draft, went with a "best player available" strategy this year.

1: Ken Duncan, 1B, 23, L/L C potential, 71 overall, 76 potential rating

2: Stephen Chen, RP, 23, S/L C potential, 60 overall, 78 potential rating

3: Johnnie Sonnenberg, LF, 23, R/R A potential, 72 overall, 90 potential rating

4: Ronald Cruz, 1B, 21, R/R D potential, 73 overall, 67 potential rating

5: Victor Cardenas, CP, 25, R/R B potential, 65 overall, 88 potential rating

6: Travis McFarland, SP, 23, L/L C potential, 69 overall, 74 potential rating

All told, it was a pretty solid draft. I'm really excited to see what Johnnie Sonnenberg can become. The Nationals already have one of the deepest farm systems in the league, so the coming years could see a lot of competition for roster spots.
A couple nice prospects there. Good steal late for that high B prospect.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-22-2024, 10:23 PM   #494
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

After getting out to a 19-6 start the Mets pitching staff has come back to earth. We just got swept by the Cardinals and dropped the series opener to the Cubs to bring our losing streak to four games and Ronny Mauricio just had his 18 game hitting streak stopped. The Mets are hanging on to a 1.5 game lead over the Phillies.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:10 PM   #495
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

July 22-24, 2024: FLAGSTAFF (44-60) @ PHOENIX (47-57)
Stadium: Southwest Airlines Field (Capacity: 21,073)

July 22: Firebirds 7, Hops 2
July 23: Hops 5, Firebirds 1
July 24: Firebirds 4, Hops 1

Phoenix, AZ (AP) - The Hops concluded their opening road trip of the second half by dropping two of three to the Phoenix Firebirds in their first trip to Southwest Airlines Field since 2022.

In the opener, the Firebirds got a big three-run home run from Gene Clark in the second inning and rode that to an easy 7-2 victory. Keith Morales went 3 for 4 with two doubles and three runs scored to help pace the offense for Phoenix.

Flagstaff would grab the lead in the second inning on a Roberto Geronimo solo home run, his 20th on the season. But the Firebirds answered right back on a Gene Clark three-run blast off of Alex Farmer in the bottom half of the inning. It was his 17th on the season.

The Hops would get one back in the top of the third on a two-out RBI single from David Petrovski that scored Bradley York.

Another three run inning from the Firebirds in the fourth pretty much put this one away. Keith Morales doubled to open the inning. He advanced to third on a Jeff Jankowitsch single. Bobby Gates then doubled home Morales to make it 4-2. Payne would hit a single back up the middle to score both runners and make it 6-2.

The Firebirds would add another run in the sixth after Keith Morales doubled and advanced on a flyout. He would score on a wild pitch from Alex Farmer to make it 7-2. Farmer (12-4) was not good this evening, allowing seven runs on eight hits in six innings of work. He struck out two and walked two. Samuel Espinoza pitched two scoreless innings in relief.

Mario Escobar (8-10) picked up the win for the Firebirds. He pitched six innings, allowing two runs on seven hits. He struck out three and did not walk a batter.

On Tuesday evening, Juro Yamaguchi tossed a gem as the Hops defeated the Firebirds 5-1. Yamaguchi (3-9) went seven innings, allowing just one base hit, while striking out nine and walking two.

Flagstaff would jump out to a 1-0 lead in the third on a Robbie Westbrook RBI double that scored Forrest Owen. They would increase that lead in the sixth on an RBI double from Roberto Geronimo that scored Emmitt Hampton. They would add a third run on a Ryan Kelly RBI single to left to make it 3-0.

RBI singles from Robbie Westbrook and Isaac Nettles in the seventh would make it 5-0.

Bobby Gates would hit a solo home run off of Sam Varela in the eighth for the lone Phoenix run.

The Firebirds managed just two hits in the entire ball game, both from Bobby Gates.

In Wednesday afternoon's finale, the Firebirds got a great pitching performance from Fletcher Fluty as they defeated the Hops 4-1. Fluty (4-10) tossed eight strong innings, allowing one run on three hits while striking out six.

The Hops grabbed an early lead on a Bradley York RBI single in the second that scored Art Mason.

Phoenix would tie it up in the fourth on a solo home run from Keith Morales, his 22nd on the season. A Jeff Jankowitsch two-out RBI single in the fifth scored Kenny James to put the Firebirds up 2-1.

Kenny James would then hit a two-run home run in the seventh, his 15th, to make it 4-1.

Russell Fluty (3-11) took the loss for Flagstaff. He allowed two runs on eight hits in five innings of work. He walked three and struck out one.

Flagstaff (44-60) will now return home to face Goodyear (47-56) and Salt Lake (54-49).

Around the League: Chandler's Stanley Taguchi (10-3) tossed a complete game two-hit shutout, striking out eight, as the Chiefs blanked Salt River 10-0. Chandler pounded out 14 hits as they moved 14.5 games up on the second-place Rafters in the DL East. The Chiefs hit four home runs in the game and were lead by Henry Ruiz who went 3 for 5 with two doubles, a triple and two RBIs.

San Diego's Matt Campbell (9-6) tossed 8.1 innings of two-hit shutout baseball, striking out seven and walking five as the Seals defeated Las Vegas 8-0. Ray Landry went 3 for 5 with a double, home run (17) and three RBIs to lead the Seals offense as they stayed a game ahead of Long Beach in the DL West.

Santa Fe rallied late, scoring ten runs in the eighth and ninth innings to rally for a 15-8 victory at Albuquerque. Robby Flores went 4 for 4 with a double, home run (11), two walks and four RBIs in the win for the Jays, who pulled even with the Mariachis for third place in the ML Central.

Salt Lake's Darrel McCloud hit a two-run home run (15) in the top of the ninth as the Chukars won in El Paso 4-2. Emmitt Franco worked a 1-2-3 ninth to pick up his 27th save as Salt Lake looks to stay within shouting distance of St George in the ML West.

Colorado Springs' Mike Rock homered twice (15,16) and drove in three as the Snow Sox defeated St George to win their sixth straight game.

San Diego got back-to-back home runs from Matt Mulder (18) and Ray Landry (18) in the top of the 16th inning in a marathon to defeat Las Vegas 6-4 and remain atop the DL West.

Kosuke Matsui homered twice (25,26) and drove in five as San Antonio routed Roswell 12-6.

Series33_24
Keith Morales homered and made this diving catch in centerfield on Wednesday afternoon for the Firebirds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2024, 11:24 PM   #496
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2024 Oakland Athletics 05/31-06/02

Overall Record:25-36 (5th AL West/14.5 behind Rangers)

Game Results
Game 1
Braves-9
Athletics-8

Game 2
Braves-16
Athletics-3

Game 3
Braves-3
Athletics-2

A's swept by Braves to start new month

Well, life is tough for the Oakland Athletics. Although they showed some fight and lost two of the games in Atlanta by just one run, it didnt really seem like Oakland really had a chance.

The most exciting game was game one. Matt Chapman got the A's the first run of the series with his fourth homerun of the year, in the first inning. The Braves quickly answered back however as Ronald Acuna JR hit his 15th, a two run shot in the bottom half of the inning off of Oakland's starter, Ross Stripling.

The Braves then score three more in the fifth to take what was likely a commanding 5-1 lead.

Then, the Athletics actually fought back mostly with a big seventh inning in which they scored five to give themselves the 6-5 lead. Unfortunately that didn't last long again as Acuna again struck back in the bottom half of the inning when he knocked in Ozzie Albies who had singled earlier in the inning.

After that, both bullpens locked it down and eventually, the game went into extras.

The A's then scored twice in the top half of the 10th as Brent Rooker and Miguel Andujar both hit singles that knocked in a runner. But once more, Atlanta answered back with two of their own.

After that, both teams failed to score in the 11th and Oakland again failed to score in the 12th. That eventually led to a Michael Harris II walk off rbi single to give the Braves the 9-8 victory.

Atlanta then went on to dominate game two, 16-3 and win game three for the sweep, 3-2.

The A's will now return home to face off against Seattle (35-26/3rd AL West) in the teams' second series of the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »