Home

MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-01-2024, 04:09 AM   #217
MVP

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Immediately seeing the screenshot of Josh Hader, unfortunately I pretty much figured pitching mechanics wouldn’t be fixed. An on going graphical animation issues that continues to linger with this series.

This is good work. Stuff like this needs to be pointed out.

However, this is also an excellent microcosm of whole “it’s good enough” vs “ grrrr you’re endorsing stagnation & mediocrity” thing.

I would opine this doesn’t really matter at all, and that what does matter is bat-to-ball physics, ball velocity & weight immersion, grip & release immersion, and most pitchers having different deliveries.

Back-when, we had, what, 120 delivery animations? 65% of the league’s RPs assigned Generic Stretch 1?

Yes, there’s violence & accuracy missing from most deliveries, but there’s nearly enough deliveries now to where damn near 90% of pitchers can have a unique one. They’ve come a long-*** way.

Maybe in another 3-5 years when you start seeing stuff like “OpenAI-generated real-time pitching motions” we’ll get what we really want on this stuff, but until then, with this code (it’s been 80% the same code for 15 years, c’mon now), I think the best we can realistically hope for is high-quality physics, excellent immersion, & goddamnit I want opposing GMs & managers to have better AI.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:59 AM   #218
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
"exciting updates"

Why should I end my current franchise in mlbts23 and start over from scratch due to no y2y saves for "exciting updates"?
If you're having a good time with Franchise mode in MLBTS23 and 24 ends up looking like more of the same, I agree there is no reason to purchase 24.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:33 AM   #219
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Details and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
New sock/stirrup style? Possibly new custom jersey style as well.
I'd be ecstatic if there were updates to the custom jersey creator! Been hoping for more options for years!
Old 03-02-2024, 10:40 AM   #220
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

So is there any chance that the international signings (Yamamoto etc.) are in on day 1, or are we going to have to play the waiting game like usual?

Normally I just download CAPs but then it annoys me not having the correct ratings.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-02-2024, 11:12 AM   #221
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
This is good work. Stuff like this needs to be pointed out.

However, this is also an excellent microcosm of whole “it’s good enough” vs “ grrrr you’re endorsing stagnation & mediocrity” thing.

I would opine this doesn’t really matter at all, and that what does matter is bat-to-ball physics, ball velocity & weight immersion, grip & release immersion, and most pitchers having different deliveries.

Back-when, we had, what, 120 delivery animations? 65% of the league’s RPs assigned Generic Stretch 1?

Yes, there’s violence & accuracy missing from most deliveries, but there’s nearly enough deliveries now to where damn near 90% of pitchers can have a unique one. They’ve come a long-*** way.

Maybe in another 3-5 years when you start seeing stuff like “OpenAI-generated real-time pitching motions” we’ll get what we really want on this stuff, but until then, with this code (it’s been 80% the same code for 15 years, c’mon now), I think the best we can realistically hope for is high-quality physics, excellent immersion, & goddamnit I want opposing GMs & managers to have better AI.
Are we franchise players really that old that we want zero innovation?

It seems that any graphics/animation based critique is met with comments like "I don't care because BACK WHEN I started gaming, the graphics were 2d" or "there was a time when we only had 10 pitcher motions". If you guys don't care about it , do you feel the game should just look the same for 5 years? 10 years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2024, 11:14 AM   #222
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
So is there any chance that the international signings (Yamamoto etc.) are in on day 1, or are we going to have to play the waiting game like usual?

Normally I just download CAPs but then it annoys me not having the correct ratings.
Some of them make it in day one. But chances are there will still be some missing forcing us to wait anyways.

Actually, I think most of the new guys were in the game last year for WBC so maybe it will be different this year tbh
Old 03-02-2024, 11:33 AM   #223
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflock

It seems that any graphics/animation based critique is met with comments like "I don't care because BACK WHEN I started gaming, the graphics were 2d" or "there was a time when we only had 10 pitcher motions". If you guys don't care about it , do you feel the game should just look the same for 5 years? 10 years?
Nobody said anything about not wanting innovation. Just that there are other areas where they can be innovative besides graphics/animations that could bring about better realism

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 03-02-2024, 11:46 AM   #224
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflock

I think we ALL want amazing graphics improvements. Even if someone says eh, they're good enough for me, it doesn't mean they wouldn't welcome a major improvement.

The difference is maybe some just cannot tolerate the game being behind where it should be graphically so they don't or won't buy the game.

And others value other things more and can get past some graphical shortcomings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »