Home

MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-05-2024, 09:41 PM   #321
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
It's strange for me to say this but I feel bad for them.

They've given us the best sports simulation game across all developers and all sports. I don't believe there's any challenger for a video game that's truer to the sport it represents.

Let's face it, The Show is SPECIAL. It just is.

I can't think of ways it can get any better.

I fired up 23 again and played several games and couldn't believe how enjoyable it was. I don't need to buy 24. I can't see a gameplay reason to buy 24. But, I'll likely buy it just to support it's developers.
But don’t you wish the graphics were much better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2024, 09:41 PM   #322
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
It's strange for me to say this but I feel bad for them.

They've given us the best sports simulation game across all developers and all sports. I don't believe there's any challenger for a video game that's truer to the sport it represents.

I fired up 23 again and played several games and couldn't believe how enjoyable it was. I don't need to buy 24. I can't see a gameplay reason to buy 24. But, I'll likely buy it just to support it's developers.
Man, I love this series but I can still think of a million little things to make it better. And if I were hard up for cash, I would take a pass and just play MLB19 until I could afford 24. Thankfully I'm not and will be playing 24 next Friday.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-05-2024, 09:44 PM   #323
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:

I fired up 23 again and played several games and couldn't believe how enjoyable it was. I don't need to buy 24. I can't see a gameplay reason to buy 24.

But, I'll likely buy it just to support its developers.
Yep.
I’m past my expiration date, lol. Having to fight agent orange cancer for almost ten years now, and as silly as it sounds, one of my life’s pleasures is hoping I make it to the next version of this game. So far, so good.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:49 PM   #324
Pro

I do kind of wonder how much frustration about the game being stale is a product of playing it for so long, for many here.

There are many things that could be improved. Something as simple as CPU bullpen logic and reliever stamina in franchise would make a world of difference. The graphics haven't fully joined the current era.

But on the field, where it counts the most, I think 23 was the best it's ever been. It's also probably the fastest I've ever burnt out on the game. I've been playing it almost religiously since 2015. I think that has more to do with it than anything that has or hasn't been done with gameplay. No matter how tired of my franchise or DD grinding I get, I inevitably get cravings to just fire it up and play nine innings, and when I do, it's consistently a blast to just play.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:22 PM   #325
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones
I do kind of wonder how much frustration about the game being stale is a product of playing it for so long, for many here.

There are many things that could be improved. Something as simple as CPU bullpen logic and reliever stamina in franchise would make a world of difference. The graphics haven't fully joined the current era.

But on the field, where it counts the most, I think 23 was the best it's ever been. It's also probably the fastest I've ever burnt out on the game. I've been playing it almost religiously since 2015. I think that has more to do with it than anything that has or hasn't been done with gameplay. No matter how tired of my franchise or DD grinding I get, I inevitably get cravings to just fire it up and play nine innings, and when I do, it's consistently a blast to just play.
There might be something to that. This is only going to be my fourth year with the game after nearly 10 years without an MLB game. I couldn't imagine going back to Super Mega Baseball, as enjoyable as I know a lot of people find that game.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2024, 12:26 AM   #326
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones

I bought every version of The Show from '08 to '20 and the gameplay never really felt stale. They've always done a great job with "on the field" play (for the most part, sometimes animations are janky and/or get in the way, plus other minor quibbles).

However, I haven't bought the game for the last 3 versions and I won't be buying this version either, simply because of the reasons you stated. Bullpen logic has been broken and unchanged since I started playing this game. Reliever stamina is also broken. CPU AI handling of lineups/rosters/trading/free agency/drafting/scouting/etc etc has been a thorn in my side for this entire time too. If I have to go in and manually control all 30 teams rosters during franchise just to keep the CPU from doing something colossally stupid, then there is something wrong.

And of course the graphics are 10 years behind, but I won't beat that dead horse anymore for fear of being shunned...
Old 03-06-2024, 06:19 AM   #327
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

One of my biggest problems with the game the last 5 years isn't with it being stale, quite the opposite. It has changed so much since MLB19 to reflect the changes of in real life MLB. That isn't Sony's doing tho, that's MLB pulling those strings. I still played MLB20-23, but not as much as MLB10-19 and I haven't permanently retired MLB19 either yet. I have no intention of doing so. I don't care for 26 man rosters, I don't care for universal DH, auto baserunning extra inning rule, banned extreme shifts, reliever 3 minimum batter rule, and more. The biggest changes that I do like are the new scheduling where everyone plays everyone and all real minor league players.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-06-2024, 06:08 PM   #328
Rookie

To me, this game is the opposite of EAFC in the sense that the gameplay is near perfect, but it isn’t offering the under the hood or little details to push it over the top.

I’ve totally given up on EAFC offline because the gameplay is the worst it’s ever been, but can play Pro Clubs because the mode itself can be fun and they keep adding more to it. Even the offline career and manager modes they’ve improved drastically (which I would play if the AI and gameplay wasn’t brutally bad).

I’d hope with the gameplay being mostly unchanged (and thankfully so), they can fix some of the AI decision making issues to line up with how real baseball is played in 2024. The gameplay is for 2024, but everything else about this game is from 2014. Maybe next year will be the year it catches up with the times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »