Home

AI Bullpen Logic

This is a discussion on AI Bullpen Logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2023, 02:54 PM   #25
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: AI Bullpen Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
The problem with moving a LR to the middle is if an injury happens or if a starter can’t go 5 innings the cpu always goes with your LR.

So if that’s your 2nd lowest rating guy it’s a problem if it’s a close game or an early injury.
I'm still experimenting things like that. I'd rather have them bring in someone and pitch a couple innings instead of the whole game. And it will help the simulation cause you'd get a pitcher pitching 80 games and 200ip... that is annoying! Yes it's the little things

Though I do find having a 2nd pitcher in the setup role, they hardly even pitch. Was simming bunch of seasons to get the feel of it, I do kinda find 7 man bullpen works the best, one LRP (low stamina of course), 4 MRP, 1 SU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2023, 08:00 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
To fix this you lower SP stamina slider to 2 and set manager hook slider to 7 for all simulated games.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
So for a played game I’d have to keep it as normal but then change every time I simmed? Thanks for letting me know about this. Will try it out.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:02 PM   #27
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

I’ve reduced all RP stamina, nothing over 29. Only one setup man, two LRP. Seems to be working but y time will tell. (I play with ROSTER CONTROL ON so I’m able to fiddle with other teams bullpens).
Old 04-20-2023, 02:23 PM   #28
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Sorry to revive an an older thread, but I'm just seeing this now. I was a die hard MLB the Show player since the early 2000's but gave up a few years ago due to this glaring issue that has gone unimproved for many years. I play the game for the immersion and prefer to play the CPU. Think I'll be passing again this year. I know that may seem ridiculous to some, but for me, it's a big deal. I get that they need to cater to the most played game modes, but I hope they throw us CPU only Franchise players a bone one of these years and really improve CPU play.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:13 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdutch98
In Game, it is definitely improved I played a game as the Tigers vs the Astros, and the Astros burned through their entire bullpen, using middle relievers when they should have. Never used their long man. Starter went 5 innings. They were down 5-1, but brought in middle relievers. 7 pitchers combined to pitch the final 6 innings of the game (it went 11 innings) none pitching more than an inning.

Game before that, their starter got knocked around, only going 2.2 innings. Long reliever went 3.1 innings (they were losing 5-0 when he came in) and then 4 relievers combined for the final 3 innings.

I'm not sure about simmed games, that could be (and probably is) much different, but in game, I like the bullpen management.
Same here. AI runs out relievers right and left against me in close games
Old 04-24-2023, 03:52 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Sorry to revive an an older thread, but I'm just seeing this now. I was a die hard MLB the Show player since the early 2000's but gave up a few years ago due to this glaring issue that has gone unimproved for many years. I play the game for the immersion and prefer to play the CPU. Think I'll be passing again this year. I know that may seem ridiculous to some, but for me, it's a big deal. I get that they need to cater to the most played game modes, but I hope they throw us CPU only Franchise players a bone one of these years and really improve CPU play.
I know man. People that play offline on any game are pretty much being forced out. We arent their demographic. I dont know how old you are but i definitely miss the gaming before online got so big
Old 04-24-2023, 03:52 PM   #31
Banned

So out of all the write ups here, is Cycloniac's the best one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2023, 05:10 PM   #32
Rookie

When you're playing the ai, you gotta just manage their bullpen yourselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »