Home

AI Bullpen Logic

This is a discussion on AI Bullpen Logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2024, 07:55 PM   #233
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: AI Bullpen Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Yeah, sorry, I got my numbers mixed up. I'm looking for around 20 guys with 190 or more IP. CG, yeah, you should be seeing about 1 per month per league, roughly.
Okay, well at 5 SP and 7 Hook, I got 41 pitchers with 190+ innings. Injuries on would eliminate a lot of those, but that's still going to end up as a pretty good number, and more stamina is going to result in too many.

Even at just 5 stamina, I'm erring on the side of starters going longer. There were only 15 starters with 190 innings last year, 14 in 2022, and just 7 in 2021. The last time there was a season with 20 or more pitchers getting 190 innings was 5 years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2024, 10:31 PM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Okay, well at 5 SP and 7 Hook, I got 41 pitchers with 190+ innings. Injuries on would eliminate a lot of those, but that's still going to end up as a pretty good number, and more stamina is going to result in too many.

Even at just 5 stamina, I'm erring on the side of starters going longer. There were only 15 starters with 190 innings last year, 14 in 2022, and just 7 in 2021. The last time there was a season with 20 or more pitchers getting 190 innings was 5 years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I forget if I gave you my recommendation, but after editing the roster so RPs have <40 stamina and moving some RPs to SPs who should be starters, I used the following for sliders:

SP stamina = 2
RP stamina = 0
Manager Hook = 6 or 7

I got probably like 7-10 guys with 200 innings total (some sims had more others had less but that was the average). Still had some RPs over 90 innings, but some of it was up to SPs that ended up being LRPs and had a few spot starts.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:52 AM   #235
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
I forget if I gave you my recommendation, but after editing the roster so RPs have <40 stamina and moving some RPs to SPs who should be starters, I used the following for sliders:

SP stamina = 2
RP stamina = 0
Manager Hook = 6 or 7

I got probably like 7-10 guys with 200 innings total (some sims had more others had less but that was the average). Still had some RPs over 90 innings, but some of it was up to SPs that ended up being LRPs and had a few spot starts.
I always did have SP stamina lower during sims but then I noticed that there were a lot of SP that would go 4 IP and not even get the win when they would have been eligible for it. Hard to look at a boxscore and see why they pulled them but there were a lot of 4, 4.1, or 4.2 IP with them only giving up like 4 hits and 2 runs. Just a thing to keep an eye out. I am trying SP stamina at 5 and hook at 10 and did a couple test seasons and the complete games and number of pitchers with 200+ IP were pretty close. I believe it was like around 30 complete games each season.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 10:33 AM   #236
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I always did have SP stamina lower during sims but then I noticed that there were a lot of SP that would go 4 IP and not even get the win when they would have been eligible for it. Hard to look at a boxscore and see why they pulled them but there were a lot of 4, 4.1, or 4.2 IP with them only giving up like 4 hits and 2 runs. Just a thing to keep an eye out. I am trying SP stamina at 5 and hook at 10 and did a couple test seasons and the complete games and number of pitchers with 200+ IP were pretty close. I believe it was like around 30 complete games each season.
Interesting. Is that 30 total complete games of 30 pitchers who had complete games (some with multiple). I only ask because I was getting too many when I put the SP stamina any higher than 2, but might’ve been something to do with the manager hook slider.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:37 PM   #237
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
Interesting. Is that 30 total complete games of 30 pitchers who had complete games (some with multiple). I only ask because I was getting too many when I put the SP stamina any higher than 2, but might’ve been something to do with the manager hook slider.
That is total complete games. Some pitchers like Alcantara had like 2. I believe I would see like 2-3 pitchers with 2 complete games. Everybody else would have 1.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »