Home

Rmiok222 MLB 24 Directional/Classic HOF/Legend Split Difficulty Sliders

This is a discussion on Rmiok222 MLB 24 Directional/Classic HOF/Legend Split Difficulty Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-08-2024, 10:51 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rmiok222 MLB 24 Classic/Directional HOF/Legend Split Difficulty Sliders

I think this game might be unplayable for me. I put contact up 1 (because there is constant weak contact regardless of player, timing, location etc) left all the other hitting things at 5 (except foul frequency at 4) CPU becomes unstoppable. So i put that down

Put power up 1 (because neither team has ANY power) left other things at default minus foul frequency (becomes a home run derby). Put that down.

Put solid hits up 1- seemed to not do much

each time i move something up 1 it either over inflates the game or does nothing.

For example- as the yankees they got a lot of guys who can hit home runs- im 60 so games in and judge soto and stanton account for 90% of the home runs. Rizzo, Volpe no one else can hit a ball hard or far. The ball in general does not seem to carry this year at all. How could there be so many weak contact hits on hanging breaking balls with star players? I am not saying the game needs to be easy but the weak contact, lack of power, is terrible.

How many times can the outcome possibly be good timing, weak contact on pitches A. right down the middle B. hanging breaking pitches C. with a capable hitter up to bat. The amount of weak contact infield fly outs, or weak contact poorly hit balls is the most i have ever seen in a show game.

In my save so far home run wise through 60 games

Rizzo

Torres
Volpe
Wells
Verdugo

have a combined 15 home runs

sorry for the vent but its like damn how could the hitting be this poor or inconsistent?

Last edited by thesportsartist; 04-08-2024 at 11:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2024, 04:43 AM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have been playing this year since the early release. I have been an MLB The Show player since 989 Sports MLB '98. I plugged my 23 sliders into 24, and it was a disaster. I began to tinker with the sliders and landed on this set. Here are a few observations. On Hall of Fame pitching, the computer offense is nerfed. For some reason, the user throws too many meatballs that are destroyed. I never thought I would say this, but I have found peace on Legend difficulty in hitting and pitching. Here are my tweaks

Human Con - 7 (Hit variety)

Human Pow - 5

Human Timing - 5

Human Foul - 4 (This is your strikeout balancer)

Human Solid Hits - 5

Human & Computer Starter Stamina - 7

Human & Computer Reliever Stamina - 5

Human & Computer Control - 5

Hum & Computer Pitcher Consistency - 6 (Reduces meatballs) Although your pitches land at their intended location, they will still be hit hard by capable batters.

Computer Contact - 6 (Hit variety)

Computer Power - 5 (Perfect) I've given up multiple home runs in a game, inning, etc. This allows for doubles and triples. I have also had a 4-hit shutout against the Dodgers.

Computer Timing - 4

Computer Foul Frequency - 4 (Strikeout Balancer) lower will result in more swings and misses.

Computer Solid Hits - 5

Computer Strike Frequency - 4 (They will walk you, be patient.)

Computer Hook & Pickoffs - 5

Fielding Errors Infield - 6

Fielding Errors Outfield - 6

All other sliders default.... The defense will make plays according to their ratings. I have had extra-inning games and blowouts. These outcomes are based on how you approach the game. Also, when pitching, look at your pitcher's confidence in his pitches. Sometimes, he can't get certain pitches over, so you should abandon that pitch until he builds up the trust.

Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-09-2024, 07:50 PM   #163
Pro

Well I really was concerned about lowering power to 4 and keeping contact at 5 for the user in my cubs opener. I ended up winning 9-3 and Suzuki had 3 hr! My pitching was 5 control and 4 consistency and the cpu batting was default except contact was at 6 and foul frequency at 4. Amazing game and definitely loving it. I went into the game and was determined to be patient. I drew 3 walks and chased Eovaldi after 5 innings. Normally, I would want to change my settings if I hit 4 hr as a team and 3 with one player but I’m staying the course. I know this isn’t going to be the norm at all. However, it showed me these setting are good and I’m still able to put competitive at bats together and pitch them tough with the settings I’m using. I’m so pumped for game 2 tonight. Looks like I found my settings and now I can start the 162 game grind. Thank you Rmiok for the incredible base. Seriously, recommend trying the changes I settled on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2024, 08:31 AM   #164
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny04231982
I have been playing this year since the early release. I have been an MLB The Show player since 989 Sports MLB '98. I plugged my 23 sliders into 24, and it was a disaster. I began to tinker with the sliders and landed on this set. Here are a few observations. On Hall of Fame pitching, the computer offense is nerfed. For some reason, the user throws too many meatballs that are destroyed. I never thought I would say this, but I have found peace on Legend difficulty in hitting and pitching. Here are my tweaks

Human Pow - 5

Human Timing - 5

Human Solid Hits - 5

Hum & Computer Pitcher Consistency - 6 (Reduces meatballs) Although your pitches land at their intended location, they will still be hit hard by capable batters.

Computer Power - 5 (Perfect) I've given up multiple home runs in a game, inning, etc. This allows for doubles and triples. I have also had a 4-hit shutout against the Dodgers.

Computer Timing - 4

Computer Foul Frequency - 4 (Strikeout Balancer) lower will result in more swings and misses.

Computer Solid Hits - 5

All other sliders default.... The defense will make plays according to their ratings. I have had extra-inning games and blowouts. These outcomes are based on how you approach the game. Also, when pitching, look at your pitcher's confidence in his pitches. Sometimes, he can't get certain pitches over, so you should abandon that pitch until he builds up the trust.

I'm close to what you have with both on legend. I understand it's not for everyone. Thank you for posting this.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2024, 08:55 PM   #165
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny04231982

Human Pow - 5

Human Timing - 5

Human Solid Hits - 5

Computer Timing - 4

Computer Solid Hits - 5

You dont fiind the contact at 7 too much? What if contact stayed at 6 and solid hits went up to 6? COntact is always weak but I feel like even when contact is ok or good the ball goes nowhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2024, 06:20 AM   #166
Rookie

I've been hitting with 6 contact and 6 solid hits as well

Old 04-11-2024, 05:07 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 3

I found that the hit variety is better when you have contact at 6 on HOF; when I went up to Legend and put contact at 7, it balances the increased difficulty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsartist
You dont fiind the contact at 7 too much? What if contact stayed at 6 and solid hits went up to 6? COntact is always weak but I feel like even when contact is ok or good the ball goes nowhere.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:36 PM   #168
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew16
I've been hitting with 6 contact and 6 solid hits as well

on HOF or legend?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »