Home

TNK MLB 24 SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TNK MLB 24 SLIDERS within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-18-2024, 08:24 PM   #9
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: TNK MLB 24 SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I don't see the boxscore creator link?

Dowie
Here you go....and I will fix the other post

https://dynasties.operationsports.co...id=1&sport=mlb
Old 03-19-2024, 01:57 AM   #10
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

TNK - SLIDER TESTING
Exhibition Game #3

Boston Red Sox @ Seattle Mariners

Pitching Matchup – Garrett Whitlock vs Logan Gilbert

The Red Sox opened the scoring in the top of the 2nd when Tyler O'Neill and Logan Gilbert battled to a full count before Gilbert hung a breaking ball that O'Neill crushed for a solo HR to LF giving Boston a 1-0 lead. Garrett Whitlock was sharp early as he retired the first 9 Mariners hitters of the night before the Seattle bats came alive in the bottom of the 4th as Mitch Garver belted a 2-run HR to LF giving the Mariners a 2-1 lead. Seattle struck again in the bottom of the 5th when Whitlock left a sinker up to Ty France with two strikes and France drove it deep to LF and the ball came down just of reach of a leaping attempt at the wall by O'Neill for a 2-run HR making it 4-1. The Red Sox offense answered in the top of the 6th as Rafael Devers launched a solo HR to RF with 1 out before O'Neill and Yoshida followed with back to back singles setting up runners on the corners with 1 out. Triston Casas was up next and picked up a RBI on a sac fly to LF as O'Neill scored to cut the Mariners lead to 4-3 ad Gilbert would escape the inning on a nice defensive play as Wilyer Abreu ripped a line drive to the right side but Ty France got up to make a nice leaping catch robbing Abreu of a base hit and ending the frame with Seattle leading 4-3. Whitlock pitched a scoreless bottom of the 6th to send the game to the 7th inning with Seattle leading 4-3. Gilbert hit Reese McGuire with a pitch to put a man on with 1 out in the top of the 7th and Gabe Speier came on to replace Gilbert on the mound for Seattle. Speier froze Jarren Duran for a big K for the 2nd out but Trevor Story was up next and he would jump a first pitch fastball from Speier driving it high and deep to CF where Rodriguez would get back and leap at the wall but could not reach it as Story hits a 2-run HR to give the Red Sox a 5-4 lead. Rafael Devers followed with his 2nd HR of the night as Boston goes back to back to take a 6-4 lead. Jackson Kowar replaced Speier and would get the final out and avoid any further damage. Whitlock returned to the mound and pitched a 1-2-3 bottom of the 7th as he struck out Haniger before retiring Canzone and France on ground ball outs to send the game to the 8th inning with Boston leading 6-4. Kowar retired the side in the top of the 8th while Whitlock returned to the mound to begin the bottom of the 8th and gave up a lead off single to Josh Rojas. Alex Cora emerged from the Red Sox dugout and would bring in Chris Martin to take over on the mound for Boston. Martin came on and did a fantastic job as he retired Crawford and Rodriguez on fly balls to O'Neill in LF before Polanco flew out to Duran in CF ending the threat and sending the game to the 9th inning with Boston leading 6-4. Kowar struck out Duran to finish off a 1-2-3 top of the 9th and Seattle would come to bat in the bottom of the 9th trailing 6-4 with Kenley Jansen coming on to try and close it out for the Red Sox with Garver, Raleigh and Haniger due up for Seattle in the bottom of the 9th. Jansen struck out Garver who chased a slider away for the 1st out before Raleigh hooked a line drive fair down the RF line for a double and the Mariners would bring the tying run to the plate with 1 out. Haniger was up next and would hit a ground ball up the middle but Story made an excellent play ranging to his left to get to the ball and made a strong throw on the run to get Haniger at first base and the Mariners were down to their final out with Dominic Canzone stepping to the plate. Jansen ran a cutter in to Canzone who was able to line it through to RF for a RBI single as Raleigh scores cutting the Red Sox lead to 6-5 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. Ty France fell behind 0 & 2 in the count and Jansen located a cutter low and away that France was able to get the bat on but it produced a soft liner right to Casas for the final out as Jansen hangs on to record the save and the Red Sox win 6-5

* Sliders contnue to produce excellent baseball games

* Walks will come as I get towads franchise and start to really focus on patience at the plate and pitching a little more carefully and off the plate

Boston Red Sox at Seattle Mariners
Mar 17, 2024123456789RHE
Boston (N/A)010002300690
Seattle (N/A)000220001570
W: Garrett Whitlock L: Gabe Speier S: Kenley Jansen
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSBOSSEA
BOS2Tyler O'Neill solo HR to LF10
SEA4Mitch Garver 2-run HR to LF (Polanco scores)12
SEA5Ty France 2-run HR to LF (Canzone scores)14
BOS6Rafael Devers solo HR to RF24
BOS6Triston Casas sac fly to LF (O'Neill scores)34
BOS7Trevor Story 2-run HR to CF (McGuire scores)54
BOS7Rafael Devers solo HR to RF64
SEA9Dominic Canzone singled to RF (Raleigh scores)65
Boston Red Sox
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Duran, CF5010020
Story, SS4112011
Devers, 3B4232012
O'Neill, LF4221001
Yoshida, DH4010000
Casas, 1B3001020
Abreu, RF4010010
Valdez, 2B4000000
McGuire, C2100100
TEAM TOTALS34696174
BATTING:
2B: Abreu
HR: Devers 2, O'Neill, Story
RBI: Devers 2, Story 2, O'Neill, Casas
HBP: McGuire
SF: Casas
BASERUNNING:
CS: Duran
Seattle Mariners
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Crawford, SS4010010
Rodriguez, CF4000020
Polanco, 2B4100010
Garver, DH3112011
Raleigh, C4110010
Haniger, RF4000010
Canzone, LF4121000
France, 1B4112001
Rojas, 3B3010000
TEAM TOTALS34575072
BATTING:
2B: Raleigh
HR: Garver, France
RBI: Garver 2, France 2, Canzone
HBP: Garver
Boston Red Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Garrett Whitlock (W)70544062
Chris Martin (H)1.0000000
Kenley Jansen (S)1.0211010
TEAM TOTALS9.0755072
PITCHING:
Pitches-Strikes: Whitlock - 79 Pitches / 77% Strikes
Seattle Mariners
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Logan Gilbert 6.1744143
Gabe Speier (L)0.1222011
Jackson Kowar2.1000020
TEAM TOTALS9.0966174
PITCHING:
Pitches-Strikes: Gilbert - 79 Pitches / 70% Strikes
Old 03-21-2024, 12:00 AM   #11
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

UPDATE - So I spent a good chunk of time the past two nights working on the rosters. Last year I got tired of waiting for the FULL MINORS roster to drop and took matters into my own hands. I may lean that way again this year as with a little bit work on your own end, you can certainly put together a roster that is "good enough" to play your franchise with

This year the Red Sox are missing their top two prospects for some reason, the good news is that the Player Vault has very good uploads of Marcelo Mayer and Roman Anthony that took me 1 minute to download and import into my roster

If you are willing to do a little bit of work yourself, there are some excellent resources out there that can make it easy for you to gt your roster where it needs to be. You can even download someone else roster form the vault that has a good chunk of the work already done for you as well. You can also download 3 or 4 rosters from the vault and export certain players from each and then import them all to your base roster or what I like to call the "golden roster"

I am not knocking the FULL MINORS guys, they do incredible work....but I also don't want to play exhibition games for a month while I wait for a roster to drop.

Here are some of the resources I recommend:
ROSTER VAULT - There are a ton of very good rosters that you can use straight up or download and export certain players to bring over to your "golden roster"

PLAYER VAULT - There are a ton of created players right there in the vault that you can download and import to your "golden roster"

MLB TRANSACTIONS - This website is great for keeping up with trades, call ups, demotions, waivers, FA signings, etc.
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/transactions/trade/

ROSTERS / LINEUPS / ROTATIONS - This website has every team with lineups, rotations, minor league depth charts, etc
https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...charts/red-sox

EQUIPMENT EDITING - This site is excellent for looking at current pictures of players to see what batting gloves, cleats, protective gear, etc. that the players are all wearing
https://www.gettyimages.com/editorial-images

Hope this is helpful to some of you....I'm starting another "test" game right now (Boston Red Sox @ Milwaukee Brewers) and will post a recap, box score, highlights when finished
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2024, 12:24 AM   #12
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Just wrapping up the test game I started last night (Boston at Milwaukee) and will be posting the box score, recap and highlghts in a few minutes, but had to share this highlight so you don't have to watch the entire highlight video

The score was tied 3-3 heading into extra innings and the Red Sox would load the bases with 1 out in the top of the 10th and Taylor Clarke missed his location with a fastball that stayed up over the plate to Rafael Devers who absolutely crushed a 453 foot grand slam HR into the 3rd deck in RF putting the Red Sox up 7-3

Old 03-22-2024, 01:04 AM   #13
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

TNK - SLIDER TESTING
Exhibition Game #4

Boston Red Sox @ Milwaukee Brewers

Pitching Matchup – Kutter Crawford vs Jakob Junis

The Red Sox and Brewers traded runs in the 1st inning as Rafael Devers took Jake Junis deep to RF in the top of the 1st giving Boston a 1-0 lead and Milwaukee answered against Kutter Crawford in the bottom of the 1st when Rhys Hoskins knocked in Garrett Mitchell with a sac fly to tie the game 1-1. The Red Sox loaded the bases in the top of the 2nd and Jarren Duran delivered a RBI single to CF scoring a pair of runs to put Boston up 3-1. Junis settled in after the first two innings while Crawford was pitching well for Boston picking up his 5th K when he struck out Turang to end the 5th inning and we would head to the 6th inning with the Red Sox leading 3-1. Hoby Milner pitched a scoreless top of the 6th for Milwaukee and Crawford struck out Hoskins to end the bottom of the 6th sending the game to the 7th inning with Boston leading 3-1. Elvis Peguero pitched a 1-2-3 top of the 7th thanks to an outstanding defensive play by Christian Yelich who robbed Connor Wong on a deep drive to LF when he went back and made a leaping catch at the wall to end the frame. Crawford retired Willy Adames to begin the bottom of the 7th before Sal Frelick singled up the middle to put a man on with 1 out and that would be all for Crawford as Josh Winckowski came in from the Red Sox pen. Gary Sanchez was retired on a fielders choice after bouncing to Casas at first base for the 2nd out but Jackson Chourio would reach when he hit a slow chopper along the 3rd base line and beat the throw from Devers to set up runners at the corners with 2 outs for Turang. The Brewers would strand a pair though as Turang fouled off a couple sinkers low and away before Winckowski came back to strike him out on a fastball up and in to escape the jam and send the game to the 8th inning with Boston up 3-1. Duran doubled off Peguero to lead off the top of the 8th and advance third base on a deep fly out by Story before Devers was intentionally walked setting up runners on the corners with 1 out for Tyler O'Neill. Peguero pitched his way out of the jam though when he recorded back to back Ks as O'Neill couldn't catch up to a fastball at the letters and Masataka Yoshida couldn't hold up on a check swing to end the top of the 8th with the score still 3-1. Winckowski returned to the mound and Mitchell singled to RF leading off the inning for Milwaukee. William Contreras hammered a ball deep to CF but Ceddanne Rafaela tracked it well and made a nice catch on the run just in front of the warning track for the 1st out. Yelich was up next and hit a chopper to the first base side of the mound and Winckowski would take the sure out at first base bringing up Hoskins with Mitchell on second base and 2 outs. Winckowski left a sinker up over the plate and Hoskins hit a rocket into the gap in left-center for a RBI double scoring Mitchell to cut the deficit to 3-2. Chris Martin replaced Winckowski on the mound and had two strikes on Adames who stayed on a cutter away and drove it deep to RF just over the head and out of reach of Duran for a huge two RBI double to tie the game at 3-3 and bring up Frelick with the go ahead run in scoring position. Martin would get Frelick to ground out to Valdez at second base to end the inning and send the game to the 9th inning with the score tied 3-3. Taylor Clarke and gave up a 1 out single to Rafaela but came back to get Valdez to ground into an inning ending 4-6-3 double play and we would head to the bottom of the 9th tied 3-3. The Brewers would come to bat in the bottom of the 9th with a chance to walk off with a victory but Martin and Joely Rodriguez combined to pitch a 1-2-3 inning and send the game to extra innings. The Red Sox were threatening in the top of the 10th after Duran walked to put two men on with 1 out and Story hit a ground ball in the hole that Adames made a great diving play to get to but his throw would pull Hoskins off the bag loading the bases for Boston with 1 out and Rafael Devers coming to the plate. Devers fouled off the first pitch and Clarke tried to sneak a fastball by him but left it over the plate and Devers absolutely crushed it 453 feet into the 3rd deck in RF for a grand slam putting Boston up 7-3. Bryse Wilson replaced Clarke on the mound and recorded the final two outs to send the game to the bottom of the 10th with Milwaukee trailing 7-3 and Greg Weissert coming on to pitch for Boston. Garrett Mitchell led off with a ground ball up the middle for a RBI single scoring Turang to make it 7-4. Weissert would get Contreras to fly out to Duran in RF for the 1st out and Yelich followed with a hard ground ball to Valdez at second base to start a game ending 4-6-3 double play as the Red Sox in 7-4 in 10 innings

* Rafael Devers was the hero for Boston going 2 for 4 with 2 HR & 5 RBI and Devers delivered the big blow with a grand slam in the top of the 10th that traveled 453 feet turning a 3-3 tie into a 7-3 lead for Boston

* Kutter Crawford pitched well for Boston as he pitched 6.1 innings allowing 1 run on 5 hits with 6 Ks

* The sliders are playing great and I am comfortable saying that they are ready for people to begin playing franchise games with them

HIGHLIGHTS

Here is the big play of the game when Devers crushed a 453 foot grand slam into the 3rd deck in RF in the 10th inning

Here is an extra K-Reel video I made of the 6 strikeouts by Kutter Crawford

Red Sox at Brewers |
Mar 20, 2024123456789ExtrasRHE
Boston (N/A)1200000004780
Milwaukee (N/A)10000002014101
W: Joely Rodriguez L: Taylor Clarke
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSBOSMIL
BOS1Rafael Devers solo HR to RF10
MIL1Rhy Hoskins sac fly to RF (Mitchell scores)11
BOS2Jarren Duran singled to CF (Casas & Rafaela score)31
MIL8Rhys Hoskins doubled to CF (Mitchell scores)32
MIL8Willy Adames doubled to RF (Hoskins scores)33
BOS10Rafael Devers grand slam HR to RF (Valdez, Duran & Story score)73
MIL10Garrett Mitchell singled to CF (Turang scores)74
Boston Red Sox
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Duran, RF4122100
Story, SS5100010
Devers, 3B4225112
O'Neill, LF5000020
Yoshida, DH5010010
Casas, 1B4110010
Rafaela, CF4120010
Valdez, 2B3100100
Wong, C4000000
TEAM TOTALS38787372
BATTING:
2B: Duran
HR: Devers 2
RBI: Devers 5, Duran 2
GIDP: Valdez
Milwaukee Brewers
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Mitchell, RF5241010
Contreras, C5000000
Yelich, LF5010000
Hoskins, 1B3112010
Adames, SS4011010
Frelick, 3B4010000
Sanchez, DH4010010
Chourio, CF4010010
Turang, 2B4100040
TEAM TOTALS384104090
BATTING:
2B: Hoskins, Adames, Sacnchez
RBI: Hoskins 2, Adames, Mitchell
SF: Hoskins
GIDP: Yelich
BASERUNNING:
SB: Yelich
FIELDING:
E: Adames
Boston Red Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Kutter Crawford6.1511060
Josh WInckowski (H)1.1322010
Chris Martin (BS)1.0100010
Joely Rodriguez (W)0.1000010
Greg Weissert1.0110000
TEAM TOTALS10.01043090
PITCHING:
Pitches-Strikes: Crawford - 85 Pitches / 73% Strikes
Milwaukee Brewers
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Jakob Junis5.0433121
Hoby Milner1.0100010
Elvis Peguero2.0100130
Taylor Clarke (L)1.1242101
Bryse Wilson0.2000010
TEAM TOTALS10.0875372
PITCHING:
Pitches-Strikes: Junis - 64 Pitches / 69% Strikes

Last edited by TNKNGM; 03-22-2024 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Your sliders are producing some excellent games for me. But just out of curiosity I like to try and draw walks and the AI is pelting the strike zone game after game. What can I do for this and not lose that feel of a really good game
Old 03-25-2024, 09:49 PM   #15
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmith05
Your sliders are producing some excellent games for me. But just out of curiosity I like to try and draw walks and the AI is pelting the strike zone game after game. What can I do for this and not lose that feel of a really good game
Decrease CPU Control by 1 click....try that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2024, 09:54 PM   #16
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

I have spent the past few nights making the necessary free agent moves, adding in some missing players from the vault (ex: Marcelo Mayer, Roman Anthony, etc.), making any recent trades.....then getting my 30 team control franchise set up and then going through each team to set the oopening day rosters, set rotations & lineups, etc.

I've also done equipment edits to every player on the Red Sox and my season opening series opponent Seattle Mariners.

I am debating whether to play opening day right now or wait til opening day and spend the next few nights updating the equipment for upcoming opponents. Usually what I do is edit the opposing team before each series rather than spend the ridiculous amount of time it takes to go through all 30 teams in one swoop

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »