Home

Will EA CFB 25 coming back impact whether you buy Madden this year?

This is a discussion on Will EA CFB 25 coming back impact whether you buy Madden this year? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Are You Buying Madden or CFB 25 This Year?
Only Buying Madden 2 1.33%
Only Buying CFB 25 76 50.67%
Buying Both 62 41.33%
Not Buying Either 10 6.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2024, 08:59 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Will EA CFB 25 coming back impact whether you buying Madden this year?

I will ALWAYS love College football more then the pros.

Why? For me, I'm sick of it seems like every NFL player obviously CAN'T live on a certain wage per year.

We got people in this country with a 5 person family making it work on 25 to 30,000 a year but these ENTITLED people say they need 25 MILLION a YEAR JUST TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES?!!!

C'mon give me a break
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 03-14-2024, 10:40 PM   #74
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
I will ALWAYS love College football more then the pros.

Why? For me, I'm sick of it seems like every NFL player obviously CAN'T live on a certain wage per year.

We got people in this country with a 5 person family making it work on 25 to 30,000 a year but these ENTITLED people say they need 25 MILLION a YEAR JUST TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES?!!!

C'mon give me a break
I like college football, like it more than pro football, but now half of recruits and every player in the portal, the first thing they ask recruiters is ''how much money can this university get me?'' (as I type this I realize ''pro'' football will need a better descriptor as now even college players are professionals) It's like the old joke where the man asks the woman if she will sleep with him for a million dollars and she says maybe. He then asks if she will sleep with him for a hundred dollars, to which she then says ''what kind of lady do you think I am?'' and the man replies ''we've already established what kind of lady you are, now we're just negotiating price.'' I'm afraid the old ways are dead and now a ton of college players truly are the same as ''pro´s'', for lack of a better word, since they're all professionals.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-16-2024, 09:59 AM   #75
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I always preferred the NCAA series over Madden. I bought NCAA every year, but I would buy Madden every once in a while. I preferred NFL 2K, so I would buy that every year instead.

Since the NCAA series initially ended, and since NFL 2K no longer existed, I would buy Madden every year, but usually late in the season during a deep sale. But I realized recently that I barely play these games after the initial period of me owning them. I would play NCAA all year up until the next one released.

With NCAA back into the equation, I see that game being my go-to once again for my football fix with me completely ignoring Madden.

With NCAA games, whether football or basketball, I'm better able to get immerse because I'm not tied to whatever is happening in the real world. The players in Dynasty/Legacy mode aren't real after a few years, so I'm free to just create my own world, which I find immersive. With pro sports titles, I find that I try to mimic the real league more, which leads to disappointment when elements in the game aren't present like they are in real life.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 03-16-2024 at 10:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2024, 07:14 PM   #76
Just started!

I put "buying both" but I could have easily put "buying neither". The days of buying a game on day 1 are over for me, I've seen studio after studio pump a game up only to deliver a shell of what was advertised. I'll be patient and see how CFB 25 stands up to Madden, in theory it should be a completely rebuilt game but it's still an EA game.

I think I'm stuck getting CFB because we want to move our franchise league over once it launches, but Madden 2025 would need to be better than CFB25 for that to ever happen.
Old 03-25-2024, 05:19 PM   #77
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

NCAA Football used to be my favorite game so I will be eagerly buying that.

The main reason I won't be buying Madden is because I'm quite happy with M24. Of course if the public feedback is irresistable then I'll pick up M25 but I don't plan on it at the moment.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:21 PM   #78
Expletive Deleted

86 people voting. Zero buying only Madden. I would have believed that if the poll was in the EA CFB forum, but stunning in the Madden forum.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-03-2024, 04:28 PM   #79
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Both baby, both. Nature is healing that I can buy both this summer, and now I just need that other series to come back to be able to buy 3 during the summer.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:18 PM   #80
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Both baby, both. Nature is healing that I can buy both this summer, and now I just need that other series to come back to be able to buy 3 during the summer.
That other series, lawnmower simulation racing? Yes, bring back please!

If EA sets it up where you can export your draft class from CFB, they don't need to stop there with an interchangeable tie-in between Madden and CFB. Fix it where you can import any player you want to into Madden, where you can import up to 2000 players into Madden. And then set CFB up where you can import NFL players back to college.

I'm wondering though, realistically, we probably won't be able to import real college players into Madden, even as a draft class, that would probably violate the $600 NIL contract EA has with those ten thousand plus players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »