Home

McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-08-2024, 03:47 PM   #41
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders

I have had some games where my QB is just not good, period. And I've had some games where my QB was awesome. I can remember one game when my QB started off the game something like 1 for 15 passing. Finished that game well under well 50% completion percentage. The next game he played fine. But that was with classic passing turned on.

So with that being said, I don't really have an answer. This game is flawed in many areas. Coach mode just doesn't receive any love from the devs. So while I agree, this is one aspect of the game that could be better, I can live with it. If only EA would give us an option to disable the player lock camera following your locked player, this game would be so much better for coach mode.

I'm personally just pressing on until the new college football game comes. I'm hoping coach mode is in that game and as good as it was with NCAA Football 14. If it is, I likely won't be purchasing the next Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2024, 06:41 AM   #42
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieJay
Too many questions is why I like to use the "Slow Sim" for my franchise. I feel it's the only true way to watch all the player ratings actually play out by themselves. No user input, no CPU input just simulate the game using player traits and ratings. Seems that way to me anyways
So do you still use custom sliders with Slow Sim or do you just run everything on Default? I wanna try a franchise on Slow Sim.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:29 AM   #43
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

For slow sim, default will be ok. But there will be lots of sacks and probably interceptions too. I'd check out some of the cpu vs cpu threads for some better sliders. But from my experience, the sacks issue is not fixable on slow sim. If you can live with that, it's pretty fun to be the GM. That being said, these sliders may work fine for slow sim, I just haven't tried it.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:48 AM   #44
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgibblets82
For slow sim, default will be ok. But there will be lots of sacks and probably interceptions too. I'd check out some of the cpu vs cpu threads for some better sliders. But from my experience, the sacks issue is not fixable on slow sim. If you can live with that, it's pretty fun to be the GM. That being said, these sliders may work fine for slow sim, I just haven't tried it.
I started a Rams franchise on Slow Sim, just playing as GM/Owner using your sliders. Seems to be going okay. I have had a mixture of games (all defense and low scoring to high scoring) Sacks do not seem to be an issue and minimal INTs. Through week 11, I am 3-6-1, which isnt a big surprise as I have a very low rated OL and LBs.

I fired McVay after going 0-6, then hired a new OC and HC, then I won 2 in a row. Gonna be big changes in the offseason.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:49 AM   #45
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

Not that anybody will care, but I figured I would like to give an update on the current online franchise with miamikb2001 using these sliders.

We just finished year 9. We played each other in the Super Bowl. He is the Dolphins. I am the Lions.

Dolphins started off the scoring with a field goal in the 1st quarter. The Dolphins defense kept the Lions in check most of the 1st and 2nd quarter. After the Dolphins held the Lions to a few 3 and outs to open the game, the Dolphins managed a nice touchdown drive to go up 10-0 midway through the second quarter. The Lions responded late in the 2nd quarter with a decent drive and a FG to make it 10-3 at the half.

In the second half, the Lions kicked off and the defense held. The Lions then managed a nice scoring drive to tie the game at 10 midway through the 3rd. Both defenses held the rest of the way through the 3rd quarter.

In the 4th quarter, the Dolphins managed a decent drive and kicked a FG to take the 13-10 lead. The Lions responded with a decent drive of their own, only to shank the tying FG.

On the ensuing possession, the Lions held the Dolphins to a 3 and out and then received the ball with about 2 and a half minutes to go in the game, down 13-10. The Lions drove down and got in the red zone. With 7 seconds to go, the Lions lined up to kick the tying field goal, but the Dolphins iced the kicker. After the timeout, the Lions kicker came out and kicked the tying field goal to make it 13-13. On to overtime the game went.

First possession, the Dolphins drive down and kick another field goal to make it 16-13. The Lions then received the ball. They came out on 1st down and threw the ball, but it was incomplete. On second down, the Lions ran the ball and only gained a couple yards. Third and 8, another incompletion. Facing 4th and 8 deep in their own territory, the Lions snapped the ball. The QB, facing a good blitz, somehow got the ball off at the last second and the receiver made an acrobatic catch, good for the first down. The Lions then drove down the field and scored the game winning touchdown on about a 9 yard pass over the middle to the TE. Final score 19-16 in overtime.

This was easily the most enjoyable and fun game of the franchise so far. I think miamikb2001 would agree, even being on the losing end of this one. He's had his fair share of success too. We've had a blast in this franchise using these sliders. Hope other folks have enjoyed them as much as we have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2024, 10:40 PM   #46
Just started!

I am still using your sliders and having a great time.
I noticed something playing my franchise. I have been playing player lock all season due to the sack issue. Today I started week 11 and decided to see if anything changed and didn't use player lock. Into the 3rd quarter, play has been great and I have only been sacked twice. Could EA have fixed that issue?
Old 02-15-2024, 05:47 AM   #47
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclintock0303
I am still using your sliders and having a great time.
I noticed something playing my franchise. I have been playing player lock all season due to the sack issue. Today I started week 11 and decided to see if anything changed and didn't use player lock. Into the 3rd quarter, play has been great and I have only been sacked twice. Could EA have fixed that issue?
I rarely use player lock anymore. I mainly used it for RPOs and read options. It’s still needed for the read option, otherwise the QB keeps it every time. But RPOs work fine without it.

I’ve found that with proper pass protection setup and good playcalling you can limit sacks much better now. I’m not sure I’d say it’s perfect, but it does seem better.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:24 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
So do you still use custom sliders with Slow Sim or do you just run everything on Default? I wanna try a franchise on Slow Sim.
I use slow sim on the Pro difficulty level. I felt the game comes out of the box on Pro so I would use that difficulty since I'm not playing the games.

All I adjusted to find the best game play / stats was.

9 min Quarters
Accelerated Clock off, so runoff turns off.

Injury 13
Fatigue 57
Speed Parity 82

Everything else default 50.

Plays out great for me at least

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »