Home

McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-17-2023, 05:49 AM   #25
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgibblets82
I cannot stress this enough. Learn how to use slide protection and ID the Mike. Also, learn to recognize man and zone coverages. Audible into better play calls depending on the coverage. This is the ONLY way to limit sacks. Sacks is not a slider issue. My teams usually give up only a couple sacks if I call a good game and make the right reads.

Another tip, if you have a scrambling quarterback, use player lock on your HB more. Your QB will actually scramble and avoid a lot of sacks. You just might not be able to see the action lol.

Thanks for the tips!! My 3rd game against Cowboys, I only gave up 2.5 sacks, so that was better.

I have been looking online for instructions on how to do slide protection and ID the Mike but haven't had much luck. Do you know any good websites that explain this for a beginner.

Also, how do I plyaer lock my RB on pass plays?

Thanks a ton!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2023, 09:55 AM   #26
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
Thanks for the tips!! My 3rd game against Cowboys, I only gave up 2.5 sacks, so that was better.

I have been looking online for instructions on how to do slide protection and ID the Mike but haven't had much luck. Do you know any good websites that explain this for a beginner.

Also, how do I plyaer lock my RB on pass plays?

Thanks a ton!!
There's tons of good YouTube videos on how to slide protect and use ID the Mike that I used. I watched so many that I can't really give you a good one to watch. I would just go to YouTube and do a search for "Madden ID the Mike"

Don't be afraid to watch any videos related to any of the last few versions of Madden. They should mostly be relevant still to M24, at least in terms of slide protection and ID the Mike, because not much as changed in that regard.

Also, for player lock, you double tap the left joystick to use player lock. Hit circle on your controller to cycle through the players that are player lock eligible, then lock on the one you want.

I personally only lock on a running back. Keep in mind, that your locked player will not move if they are doing anything other than a blue route or pass blocking. I always audible the running back to a check & release or pass block.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:26 PM   #27
Rookie

DrunkenCat's Arena

OVR: 2

Been trying to get a new franchise coach mode going but running into one last issue. I noticed it at first with kick returns, where my return man just seems to be jogging. Then on running plays, once my back gets the ball, he is just jogging as well.

Are you guys seeing this too?
Old 01-26-2024, 10:27 PM   #28
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

UPDATED OP

Updated Pass Block 55 to 60
FG Acc 35 to 30
Punt Acc 35 to 30

Getting a little better pass blocking at 60.
Also, kicking is now much harder, especially if kicking in weather. But kicking in general, if you are off when timing your accuracy, you will pay for it more often than not now. I've missed several kicks because of being off with my timing.

Also changed some house rules. I've found that RPOs work fine now without having to player lock on the running back. I would still player lock for option plays though.

Also, added a huge tip for improving your pass blocking. I still get a game where my offensive line just gets beat a few times. But in general I give up probably 2-3 sacks on average. Every now and then I call a really good game and have 0 or 1 sack.

Hope you enjoy
Old 01-29-2024, 12:25 PM   #29
Just started!

I have tried your sliders and they seem to do a great job for game play. The only issue that I have is I am beating teams I shouldn't. Started franchise as Washington and started out 4-0 multiple times (re-started thinking I was doing something wrong). Just beat Eagles (in Philly) by 2 touchdowns. I want to keep playing franchise and rebuild a team but this is not fun.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:55 PM   #30
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclintock0303
I have tried your sliders and they seem to do a great job for game play. The only issue that I have is I am beating teams I shouldn't. Started franchise as Washington and started out 4-0 multiple times (re-started thinking I was doing something wrong). Just beat Eagles (in Philly) by 2 touchdowns. I want to keep playing franchise and rebuild a team but this is not fun.
I had a similar situation using the Chicago Bears. I started out 5-0 even after Justin Fields got injured for the season in Week 3. I then had P.J. Walker as my starting QB the rest of the season. We finished the season 11-6 and #2 seed in the NFC. Ended up losing the NFC Conf Champ game to 49ers.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:32 PM   #31
Pro

Are you guys using the cooldown limits?Because I find those definetly make it more challenging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2024, 05:49 PM   #32
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
Are you guys using the cooldown limits?Because I find those definetly make it more challenging
Yes, I do use the cooldown limits. I prefer those.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »