Home

McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders

This is a discussion on McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2023, 08:21 AM   #1
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

OVR: 0
McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders

Let me start by saying, this is as close to Coach Mode as you can get. By no means are these perfect. This is EA, so you will run across some weird stuff and some bugs. I'm only posting these to help other like-minded coach mode players find some enjoyment in this game. We haven't had a true coach mode since NCAA days, but this is close enough to give me some enjoyment. If you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread, feel free to just ignore me and move on. TIA

Obviously, you will still need to manually do all special teams. You also may sim special teams, but I find the CPU does silly things too much for my liking when I do that.

A few house rules I follow:
1) On defense I select an off-ball linebacker and walk him up to the line until his pass rush bar shows up. It's normally only a step or two and not enough to take him out of the play. This is the only way I can generate enough pass rush. Using a defensive lineman just doesn't generate enough pressure.

2A) This is where I slightly deviate from coach mode. It's the only time I can think of where I allow myself to control the QB. On HB Screen plays only, I tap the button to throw the ball to the HB at the appropriate time. Otherwise, it's pretty much an automatic sack. The only other option is to avoid calling screens, but I like the idea of having the entire playbook at my disposal.

2B) This one is completely optional. It's the only other time I manually control the QB and I haven't used this house rule this year, but feel free to implement it if you wish. Since the user QB does not scramble, I will count to four one thousand in my head while the QB is in the pocket, then if able I will manually scramble him either straight ahead or towards the sideline. No special moves or dodging defensive players allowed. I only run until I'm either tackled, forced to slide, or run out of bounds. Again, completely optional. I tend to only use this rule if I have a scrambling QB.

4) No hot routes allowed for Wide Receivers or Tight Ends. The only time I hot route is when I want the HB to either block or check and release. No other hot routes. Using the HB to block or check and release is crucial to pass protection.

**This isn't so much a house rule as it is a coach mode tip. Learn to read defenses and learn the types of plays that work best against all the different coverages. Also, study your roster and your opponent's roster. Know which pass rushers have much higher PMV or FMV than your offensive linemen's PBP or PBF ratings. For example, if their OLB has a 95 FMV rating and your RT has a 71 PBF rating, then your RT is going to need help when that OLB is lined up on your RT. I have significantly reduced my sacks allowed by studying this and then using my TEs and RBs to focus my blocking on those defensive players.

MAIN MENU
Skill Level: All-Pro
Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: Off

Auto Flip Defensive Play Call: On
Defensive Ball Hawk: On
Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off
Defensive Switch Assist: Off
Controlled Player Art: Off
Coach Mode: On

Injuries: 20
Fatigue: 65
Player Speed Parity Scale: 95

Penalties All Default

QB Accuracy 50
Pass Blocking 60
WR Catching 50
Run Blocking 50
Ball Security 65
Reaction Time 50
Interceptions 30
Pass Coverage 50
Tackling 55
FG Power 40
FG Accuracy 30
Punt Power 50
Punt Accuracy 30
Kickoff Power 50

FRANCHISE SETTINGS
Offensive Play Call Cooldown 10
Offensive Play Call Limt 5
Defensive Play Call Cooldown 10
Defensive Play Call Limit 5
IN THEORY THESE LIMITS ALLOW YOU TO CALL A CERTAIN PLAY ONCE PER QUARTER, PLUS 1 EXTRA TIME.

Home Field Advantage Off

TEAM SETTINGS
This is all personal preference. Be careful with progressive fatigue. If you leave it on, make sure to manage your practice reps correctly.

Superstar Abilities: Off
Minimum Roster Size: 53

IMPORT SLIDERS FROM MAIN MENU

I've noticed since the last patch a lot of fatigue issues. I've had to start using Auto Subs and Formation Subs to get around this. I use Jacob Reid's Auto Subs. Here is a link to his video on YouTube for Auto Subs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5sOBWpABU&t=171s

I use MrHurriicane XP sliders from YouTube. Here is a link to the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv2_zwLI0Os&t=2137s

One other thing I'll note. If you are calling your own plays on offense, make sure to be as creative as possible. The game will turn into a sack fest if you aren't creative with your playcalling.

Last edited by Mcgibblets82; 01-26-2024 at 10:21 PM. Reason: new version
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 07:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: McGibblets' Madden 24 Coach Mode Sliders

What penalty settings are you using? Do you see many penalties?
Old 09-23-2023, 02:37 AM   #3
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
What penalty settings are you using? Do you see many penalties?

I left penalties at default. Feel free to adjust them. Historically they affect gameplay too much for my liking. But I did read it seems that EA may have improved this. I do wonder how maxing them out would affect pass protection.

But to answer your question about how many do I see, not a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2023, 07:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

I tested penalties with them maxed. I saw very little to no difference in the amount of penalties that were called. I suggest living with default penalties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2023, 03:07 PM   #5
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Hey Mcgibblets Good to see you back for another run at coach mode with M24 Not sure if you remember, but I believe I offered some assistance to you with coach mode last year on M23. Unfortunately, EA has long forgotten about coach mode even though they offer the option to have it on/off. Would be nice if it worked as intended. I’ve since graduated to CPU v CPU, but still find the AI making boneheaded play calls. Can’t figure why they go for long distance field goals that are 55 yards or longer when a pooch punt would be a much better option. Also don’t understand the poor clock management the AI makes inside the last 2 minutes of a half. These glaring issues almost kill the immersion factor, but I’ve learned to take it over the QBs being absolute statues in coach mode. Maybe one day we’ll get the coach mode that EA used to give us. If and when that happens it’ll be touted as a new feature Keep the torch burning….

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2023, 12:12 AM   #6
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgibblets82
Let me start by saying, this is as close to Coach Mode as you can get. By no means are these perfect. This is EA, so you will run across some weird stuff and some bugs. I'm only posting these to help other like-minded coach mode players find some enjoyment in this game. We haven't had a true coach mode since NCAA days, but this is close enough to give me some enjoyment. If you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread, feel free to just ignore me and move on. TIA

Obviously, you will still need to manually do all special teams. You also may sim special teams, but I find the CPU does silly things too much for my liking when I do that.

A few house rules I follow:
1) I only call plays on 1 side of the ball. I prefer to call offense and I use coach suggested plays on defense. But whichever side you choose can be personal preference. The weekly gameplans help a lot with this.

2) On defense I select a defensive line player and just let him do his thing. You can also hold L1, it's really personal preference. Don't try this with anyone that's not on the line of scrimmage.

3) I use player lock for RPOs and option plays. In theory, you can use player lock for all plays if you don't mind the camera not following the ball. It drives me crazy, so I limit it to RPOs and options.

4A) This is where I slightly deviate from coach mode. It's the only time I can think of where I allow myself to control the QB. On HB Screen plays only, I tap the button to throw the ball to the HB at the appropriate time. Otherwise, it's pretty much an automatic sack. The only other option is to avoid calling screens, but I like the idea of having the entire playbook at my disposal.

4B) This one is completely optional. It's the only other time I manually control the QB and I haven't used this house rule this year, but feel free to implement it if you wish. Since the user QB does not scramble, I will count to four one thousand in my head while the QB is in the pocket, then if able I will manually scramble him either straight ahead or towards the sideline. No special moves or dodging defensive players allowed. I only run until I'm either tackled, forced to slide, or run out of bounds. Again, completely optional. I tend to only use this rule if I have a scrambling QB.

5) No hot routes allowed for Wide Receivers or Tight Ends. The only time I hot route is when I want the HB to either block or check and release. No other hot routes. Using the HB to block or check and release is crucial to pass protection.

**This isn't so much a house rule as it is a coach mode tip. Pre-snap, hit L1 to bring up the pass protection menu. I find that if you either ID the Mike or just hit L2 to reset the pass protection, the line tends to pass protect better. This helps prevent sacks. I don't normally use slide protection, but feel free to play around with it.

MAIN MENU
Skill Level: All-Pro
Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: Off

Auto Flip Defensive Play Call: On
Defensive Ball Hawk: On
Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off
Defensive Switch Assist: Off
Controlled Player Art: Off
Coach Mode: On

Injuries: 20
Fatigue: 65
Player Speed Parity Scale: 95

Penalties All Default

QB Accuracy 50
Pass Blocking 55
WR Catching 50
Run Blocking 50
Ball Security 60
Reaction Time 45
Interceptions 30
Pass Coverage 50
Tackling 55
FG Power 40
FG Accuracy 40
Punt Power 50
Punt Accuracy 50
Kickoff Power 50

FRANCHISE SETTINGS
Offensive Play Call Cooldown 10
Offensive Play Call Limt 3
Defensive Play Call Cooldown 8
Defensive Play Call Limit 4
Home Field Advantage Off

TEAM SETTINGS
This is all personal preference. Be careful with progressive fatigue. If you leave it on, make sure to manage your practice reps correctly.

Superstar Abilities: Off
Minimum Roster Size: 53

IMPORT SLIDERS FROM MAIN MENU

I have not messed with XP Sliders yet. Will probably just find a good set here on OS and go with that. I'll update this post when I figure out which ones I want to use.

One other thing I'll note. If you are calling your own plays on offense, make sure to be as creative as possible. The game will turn into a sack fest if you aren't creative with your playcalling.

DUDE u are just like me on coach mode... same things i feel, i hate how the QB doesnt scramble unless u do autolock on someone else, or hope they do a pass play when u wanna do a pass play and do slow sim, (watch)

i also hate how the qb just takes sacks all day on HB screens.. they didnt even fix the blocking on that in the latest patch, the OL dont even touch the DTs and they come right in and whats worse the QB doesnt even try to move or throw it.. its like they are soo clueless its annoying, so ya i will throw the Screen play, but i dont control the RB,

i have also had times where i had to take off with the QB also cause he wouldnt throw it,

it pisses me off we are in 2023 and the last 3 or 4 maddens have had the same things... Madden 18 the QB will run and move around in coach mode,

u would think if they give us the coach mode option they would make it alil more real......

by the way im not sure if u know.. or maybe u do.. but pro level may seem to easy ? but if u are on pro level its weird but u dont have to control a DL guy, u can switch to any player.. move him around and the cpu still controls him.....

but once u move up to all pro they wont move.... its dumb, sooo i never heard about the penalty slider cause game play issues ????
Old 10-08-2023, 06:04 AM   #7
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
DUDE u are just like me on coach mode... same things i feel, i hate how the QB doesnt scramble unless u do autolock on someone else, or hope they do a pass play when u wanna do a pass play and do slow sim, (watch)

i also hate how the qb just takes sacks all day on HB screens.. they didnt even fix the blocking on that in the latest patch, the OL dont even touch the DTs and they come right in and whats worse the QB doesnt even try to move or throw it.. its like they are soo clueless its annoying, so ya i will throw the Screen play, but i dont control the RB,

i have also had times where i had to take off with the QB also cause he wouldnt throw it,

it pisses me off we are in 2023 and the last 3 or 4 maddens have had the same things... Madden 18 the QB will run and move around in coach mode,

u would think if they give us the coach mode option they would make it alil more real......

by the way im not sure if u know.. or maybe u do.. but pro level may seem to easy ? but if u are on pro level its weird but u dont have to control a DL guy, u can switch to any player.. move him around and the cpu still controls him.....

but once u move up to all pro they wont move.... its dumb, sooo i never heard about the penalty slider cause game play issues ????
Yeah the penalty sliders cause the players to react differently. For example, changes to false start, offsides, holding, etc changes the aggression and reactions of the linemen. There may be some magic setting for all the penalty sliders to get more realistic reactions, but it doesn't really change the number of penalties which makes it not worth the time and effort to really move off of default penalties. I get good enough results that aren't skewed too far from the rest of the league, with the exception of penalties. At the end of the day, this is a video game and we aren't going to see perfectly mirrored stats to the modern day NFL.
Old 10-19-2023, 12:54 PM   #8
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

Been looking for some good Coach Mode sliders for awhile now. I just tried yours and had a great game contorlling the Titans vs Saints. Ended up making a 12 point comeback in the 2nd half with a TD pass in the final minute.

I am trying to find a good set of auto-sub sliders now. I have tried a few and do notice that defensive players tend to get subbed in and out way more than offensive players.

In my first game, Derrick Henry didn't get subbed the entire game and no other RBs got any touches. I had RB auto-sub set to 96 OUT 100 IN, Henry had 27 rush attempts, not sure why he didn't get subbed, I am sure he had to have dropped below 96 at some point.

Any insights on auto-subs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »