Home

Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings

This is a discussion on Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-22-2022, 07:06 PM   #9
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings

Wow, I would have never considered this or figured it out. I also play ten minute quarters with the accelerated clock too. I'll turn it off and see what happens.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:24 PM   #10
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

I've always used 10 minutes no accelerated clock just because it gets me right around an hour per game which is where I want for editing purposes for my YouTube channel. Always feel like it's been good results so thanks for your insights Josh!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-22-2022, 07:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I usually do 15 minute quarters with 13-15 acceleration but I play Offense only. I've never seen the panicky quarterback stuff, but then again it's been a few versions since I've seen the AI shift/audible in Offense only. I do think the clock makes a huge difference in the game since my son plays 6-8 minute quarters and it's usually a slug fest for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2022, 11:38 PM   #12
Pro

I just wanted to say that this works on All Madden as well.

I play on All Madden default sliders, 12 minute quarters, Accelerated clock at 20.

The CPU doesn't force things until they are either way behind, or pressed for time. In the instances described by the OP, the QB would simply throw the ball away to the sidelines, rather than force a pass to the middle of the field.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:11 AM   #13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I wanted to say a huge thank you. This has saved Madden for me, no exaggeration. Two games played, 8 minute quarters, no accelerated clock, and by in large, the CPU plays the way that they should on both sides of the ball.

I'm still going to have to work on my sliders to perfect it, but I'm getting 8-12 play drives for both teams regularly, and the CPU QBs are throwing the ball out of bounds rather than forcing it into coverage with idiotic passes that get picked off.

Most importantly, while the CPU still beats my OL far quicker than they should, its not obscene like it was, where they were sacking me as soon as I got the ball, and some guys got 5-6 sacks per game individually.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:27 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

12 mins, 20 sec accel clock, All Madden. I still see the CPU QB trying to heave it downfield off their backfoot too often each game. I may try going higher quarter times just to see what happens.

― Plato
Old 08-23-2022, 12:50 AM   #15
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
12 mins, 20 sec accel clock, All Madden. I still see the CPU QB trying to heave it downfield off their backfoot too often each game. I may try going higher quarter times just to see what happens.
Take off the accel clock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2022, 01:14 AM   #16
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Idk how to ask this question without it sounding silly so I’m just going to ask it.

I’ve never done 10 minutes no accel. Is there a certain amount of time I should wait before calling a play? Or does it all kind of even out to around 120 plays at the end of the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »