Home

EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-02-2024, 01:12 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020

Wow, what an update. I had figured this game was pretty much done. Nice surprise!!! The content here is incredible.

Gameplay may not be where I want it but the amount of content and courses has far exceeded my expectations. Credit to EA on that aspect of the game. Pretty amazing to have the quantity amd caliber of courses here.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:14 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

I notice it before with pros, but now big time with Jack what a level 99 skill points golfer look like. Mine is certainly not like that, but I started my golfer from the start, before they made the jump from topping at level 50 to 60. I suspect a new golfer would get as many skill points available.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:23 PM   #51
Pro

Well on that topic, I'm hoping I'm just an anomaly because I'm not very good, but I've been a 97 for months now. I stopped even looking at Pro Pass or spending any coin on anything, although today I finally got tired of the same blue Adidas shirt I've been wearing for months and bought a lighter colored one.

My point is...I've definitely learned that you can have a 97 or 99 golfer, but if you're not taking the time to do the math on shots or you have a jumpy thumb that randomly goes right or left, you're going to lose more than half of your matches.

A skilled, practiced player with an OVR of 68, that does the math and takes their time, and can consistently shoot straight, will kick my *** 70% of the time. I'm sure there are many others like me that are basically maxed out but lose almost every online match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 02:29 PM   #52
MVP

Any gameplay updates of note?

I’m sorry to be Mr. rain on the parade, but the game needs more than content to some of us at least.
Old 04-02-2024, 02:30 PM   #53
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Any gameplay updates of note?

I’m sorry to be Mr. rain on the parade, but the game needs more than content to some of us at least.
It does not seem that way. The patch notes didn't specifically call out any changes to the way the game plays.
Old 04-02-2024, 02:32 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
It does not seem that way. The patch notes didn't specifically call out any changes to the way the game plays.
Bummer…

Oh well, good for those of you that enjoy the game as is.

Carry-on
Old 04-02-2024, 02:34 PM   #55
MVP

Two things that would actually get me interested are cross play and the ability to disable RNG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 03:06 PM   #56
Pro

The big 3 for me are:

1. Implement a slider of some sort that lets you speed up or slow down your swing

2. Make the rough and off fairway shots much more punishing

3. Cross play

I get that cross play can be hard to implement, even though it's been done on every game for decades. But how hard would it be to just do an across the board percentage penalty/punishment for every course, no matter what type of rough or weeds it is. Just make all of that stuff at least 50 percent more punishing for instance.

Same with the slider or whatever for the animation speed. I can't imaging a macro patch like that for every golfer, every course would be that hard?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »