Home

EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-10-2024, 01:25 PM   #137
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
I started a new golfer, and got Pinehurst as US Open playing as an Amateur right away. Course looks and plays great.
Pinehurst quickly became one of my faves in the game after one round there with Jack. I'm actually quite glad to have two really good official virtual replications of the course in the current PGA Tour games.

Side note - I am a bit surprised that none of the daily tournaments today included the Augusta Par-3 course...

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-10-2024 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:42 AM   #138
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
Maybe it is my personal bias that is the issue. I don't want to feel like I'm going to win every tournament (it is hard to win golf tournaments). I will say that in looking up some stats, maybe being towards the top every week isn't as bad as I thought. So in researching this post, I may just need to change my perspective. It is still hard but I was surprised what I found. In 2023 Scottie Scheffler played 23 events and finishes 17 in top 10. Rory played 18 with 13 top 10. In

This is much higher % than I thought. This is the best of the best but maybe that is how I need to approach this game. Instead of Bryan Harmon I need to think of my golfer as prime Tiger (who in 2000 was top 10 in 17 out of 20 events).

So while I still think the game needs to add a level of difficulty, I will admit that if the goal is to make you feel like a prime Tiger, prime Rory, etc., maybe it isn't that far off. I would not have guessed the top golfers had that high a % of top 10 finishes I'm a season.
Just wanted to come back to this, since Scottie just keeps on rolling and outplays everyone else.

These are his results in the last 10 events he's played in:

Win - Masters
T2 - Houston Open
Win - The Players
Win - Arnold Palmer Invt'l
T10 - Genesis Invt'l
T3 - WM Phoenix Open
T6 - AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
T17 - The American Express
T5 - The Sentry
Win - Hero World Challenge

That honestly looks quite similar to what my career mode results end up being, although I don't win as many as Scottie does. I only have one win in my current season - at the Alberta Open. I do rack up quite a few Top 10s, but I do have one missed cut in the season also.

I guess my point is that this is the kind of golfer EA tries to get you to be...one of the most dominant players in the world who is always in contention.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-15-2024 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:49 AM   #139
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I guess my point is that this is the kind of golfer EA tries to get you to be...one of the most dominant players in the world who is always in contention.

So odd to me

But hey -- whatever folks like

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »