Home

EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-02-2024, 08:16 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour New Update File 4/2 ver. 1.000.020

So I’m currently on season 2 of a career, does and this seasons open venue is at Andrews.

Does anyone know, will the new courses appear next season in my career then? Or do I have to completely restart career for them to appear in it?
Old 04-02-2024, 08:17 AM   #18
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Well, this is certainly some interesting news to wake up to!

I was hoping for the 2024 major courses...check.
I was hoping for some playable legend content, similar to Legends of the Majors...check.
I was hoping for the Augusta Par-3 course...check.

Waiting to see the full patch notes at some point, but this sounds pretty solid.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-02-2024 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:37 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambomakaveli
So I’m currently on season 2 of a career, and this seasons open venue is at Andrews.

Does anyone know, will the new courses appear next season in my career then? Or do I have to completely restart career for them to appear in it?
Sorry if someone has answered this, but I definitely saw in the in game patch notes that you have to start a new season for the 3 new courses to show up. Like usual, as MAB said.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:40 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Not sure how this new update works, but previous updates that added courses for the majors required no restart of career. You'd just get the other courses automatically in your next season.
Thanks buddy. Appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:44 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Well, this is certainly some interesting news to wake up to!

I was hoping for the 2024 major courses...check.
I was hoping for some playable legend content, similar to Legends of the Majors...check.
I was hoping for the Augusta Par-3 course...check.

Waiting to see the full patch notes at some point, but this sounds pretty solid.
It is just absolutely inexplicable the way EA rolls out stuff like this, and this particular update is the worst offender. Zero word that anything is coming or when, other than the Par 3 course. It's a fantastic update, LOTS to crow about from their end, and it's been hours and we still can't find a full patch note on it.

The only thing I can think of is they just wanted to throw it at all of us kind of under the radar, wait for stuff to break, scramble to fix it, then at least do SOME marketing for it.

I *want* them to market this, and I want them to add more before the Masters and hype the heck out of it. I want more sales. I want them to have an influx of interest and cash to keep this thing going this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 08:45 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambomakaveli
Thanks buddy. Appreciate it.
I could have read it wrong, I've been up most of the night lol. But I could swear it said a restart of the season was required.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:59 AM   #23
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Poked around in the Store and the Pro Pass...

There are Jack Nicklaus hickory/persimmon clubs in the paid tier, which are the most interesting thing in there to me. I think they actually have a replica of the putter Jack used to win the 1986 Masters in there, too.

I also noticed a Titleist hat was actually in the store for purchase with the gold coins.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:08 AM   #24
Pro

You are correct. And I'm finishing up a solo round with Jack, replaying his 1973 round at Royal Troon. Like I said he's wearing his '75 Masters final round clothes, his woods are all persimmon, and his irons and especially his putter definitely look period correct.

I haven't played a "quick round" or anything at all with an AI Pro since the first couple of weeks when the game came out. This is an absolute blast playing as Jack in these Challenges from so many years ago. And his hair is perfect!!! lol. It flips in the wind as he's swinging. Spot on indeed.

Did anyone have any idea this aspect was coming? It's a winner for me for sure. Now give us Player and Watson!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »