Home

Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

This is a discussion on Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-07-2024, 04:43 PM   #129
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

Old 05-07-2024, 06:34 PM   #130
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 05-07-2024, 06:39 PM   #131
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2024, 09:04 PM   #132
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Seattle -- Welcome to the latest installment of my “Morning Coffee” blog, Seahawks fanatics. In this blog, I have some tidbits, musings and rumors to discuss. I’ll be doing a weekly report on all things related the Seattle Seahawks. That could be an injury take, trade takes and even mock draft takes as the season progresses. Hope you join the discussion!

• Really disappointing game from the Seattle Seahawks. They had an opportunity to go into Arizona and win the NFC West. Now they’re going to have to go into Denver, a place they haven’t fared well historically, and win on the final week. Seattle will make the playoffs – it’s unofficial, but it’s better to have a home game than go on the road to the Super Bowl.

• NFC West scenarios: Seattle wins the division if: They defeat the Denver Broncos; or lose to the Denver Broncos with San Francisco 49ers also losing. San Francisco wins the division if: Seattle loses and San Francisco wins.

• This is how nail-biting the NFC Conference is this season. With one game remaining, only one team has claimed their division (New Orleans, 11-5) and two other teams have earned playoff berths (Dallas Cowboys, 11-5; Chicago Bears, 11-5). When was the last time the Conference Champion and four other seeds are still to play for in the final week?

• Kenneth Murray has set a new career high with 108 tackles for the 2024 season. He earned his previous career high of 107 tackles last season with the LA Chargers. He’s been a pleasant surprise for the Seahawks who traded for him in the 2024 NFL Draft.

• D.K. Metcalf can also hit a milestone. He needs 39 receiving yards against Denver to record his third consecutive 1,000 yard receiving season. Achieving this feat would solidify his status as one of the most dominating wide receivers in the league, as he would have accomplished five 1,000-yard seasons in the span of six years.

• Riley Reiff is hesitating to accept Seattle's recent offer of 3 years, $5.1 million. Despite being 35 years old, Seattle's starting left guard has performed admirably this season. While Seattle is keen on retaining him, they may need to consider drafting or signing his replacement if he won’t budge on his contract demands.

• Stone Forsythe has agreed to a new two year contract worth $3.2 million. He started five games this season in relief of Charles Cross when injured.

• The Miami Dolphins have signed Cole Turner to their main roster, so the Seattle Seahawks have signed safety JT Woods to the practice squad to take his place.

Last edited by frappuccino; 05-07-2024 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:11 PM   #133
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Wasn't surprising to see Howell have a tough first start against a talented 49ers team. But I have to admit as a fan of the real team I'm EXTREMELY intrigued by him. 21 TD and 21 INT is something a lot of people can't look past, but some of the all-time greats had INT problems early in their careers. It signals to me, and from watching his highlights I believe, that he has guts. When I add in the team and "brain trust" he was working with in Washington, I just start thinking we can give him a lot better foundation moving forward, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he's the best option that was reasonably available to us during this offseason window.

Crazy to see Brett Rypien saving the Bears season as of Week 9. I'm very inerested to see what happens with Caleb Williams and his interesting behavior at the NFL level.

The field goal block was a great play to start this run the Hawks went on before finally being dispatched by the Packers. Howell played a lot better against the Bills too.

How, the Howell bomb to DK against the Rams was exciting, and going for two there, more than ballsy. "It's stupid, but I like it!" I'm looking at this point for Howell's first game where he avoids throwing an INT, but good on him and DK for that incredible win.

That shot of Devon Witherspoon in the Minnesota game is fire. Nice working moving to 9-5 and leaving no doubt there. Hope the ACL for my boy Walker doesn't get weird. Geno continued playing as well as he has for the Vikings but it wasn't enough.

There it is, Howell's first non INT performance that I think I spotted against the Falcons, great all-around effort by the team there to get the job done. They just keep getting stronger .Are we super Bowl contenders? I'm gonna leave it there, I won't survive the pace you're at lol.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:30 AM   #134
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 05-08-2024, 05:41 AM   #135
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Wasn't surprising to see Howell have a tough first start against a talented 49ers team. But I have to admit as a fan of the real team I'm EXTREMELY intrigued by him. 21 TD and 21 INT is something a lot of people can't look past, but some of the all-time greats had INT problems early in their careers. It signals to me, and from watching his highlights I believe, that he has guts. When I add in the team and "brain trust" he was working with in Washington, I just start thinking we can give him a lot better foundation moving forward, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he's the best option that was reasonably available to us during this offseason window.

Crazy to see Brett Rypien saving the Bears season as of Week 9. I'm very inerested to see what happens with Caleb Williams and his interesting behavior at the NFL level.

The field goal block was a great play to start this run the Hawks went on before finally being dispatched by the Packers. Howell played a lot better against the Bills too.

How, the Howell bomb to DK against the Rams was exciting, and going for two there, more than ballsy. "It's stupid, but I like it!" I'm looking at this point for Howell's first game where he avoids throwing an INT, but good on him and DK for that incredible win.

That shot of Devon Witherspoon in the Minnesota game is fire. Nice working moving to 9-5 and leaving no doubt there. Hope the ACL for my boy Walker doesn't get weird. Geno continued playing as well as he has for the Vikings but it wasn't enough.

There it is, Howell's first non INT performance that I think I spotted against the Falcons, great all-around effort by the team there to get the job done. They just keep getting stronger .Are we super Bowl contenders? I'm gonna leave it there, I won't survive the pace you're at lol.
Washington is a cesspit for quarterbacks to go to, same as Cleveland. I think out of 32 teams in the NFL, there's only really about 5-8 teams generally that can provide a solid foundation for a young project quarterback to succeed.

For sure Howell is a gunslinger, and that's how I've used him. You know when you drop back for a risky pass it's either going for a touchdown or it's going to be a turnover - or it's going in the stands

For sure Brett Rypien's cinderella story this season is insane. He kept the Bears from tanking and Williams has come back and put them a game away from claiming the #1 seed.

That's right, Howell's only non-interception game came in week 16. By far his worse game he's played was against Arizona week 17. Just felt off the whole game and couldn't get going.

When Walker went off injured and it came back on the screen and the prompt said ACL Sprain; I thought well ****. From weeks 1-8, Charbonnet was garbage. Second half of the season he's been decent. I'll cover this in the week 18 recap.

Devon Witherspoon has been awesome this season. He definitely plays like a shutdown corner and I don't even think Joey Porter Jr has been as good as Witherspoon has in my Steelers franchise and he's at least 6-7 points higher than spoon.

I'll tell you what. The biggest surprise of this season for me has been the effectiveness of rookie Devontez Walker. Guy doesn't get called up much but when he does he delivers.

Thanks for following along
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2024, 09:03 AM   #136
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »