Home

Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

This is a discussion on Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-12-2024, 04:48 PM   #161
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

Seattle -- Welcome to the latest installment of my “Morning Coffee” blog, Seahawks fanatics. In this blog, I have some tidbits, musings and rumors to discuss. I’ll be doing a weekly report on all things related the Seattle Seahawks. That could be an injury take, trade takes and even mock draft takes as the season progresses. Hope you join the discussion!

• Well it’s official, the Seattle Seahawks signed Chase Young to a three-year deal. I would have liked to have seen a one or two-year deal but they had to sway him with a longer contract than dishing out a higher cap hit. Young’s contract is 3 years, $28.2 million and it’s broken down: 2025: $6.12M, 2026: $10.71M, 2027: $11.28M. The Seahawks are really hoping he can generate some sacks this season. The Seahawks suffered from a lack of pass rush other than Leonard Williams, Boye Mafe and Sam Williams (when he was healthy). I would expect Young to play significant time as a rotational player.

• The Seahawks have taken quite a gamble with Young. They’ve essentially taken a project player and hoping he pans out in Seattle. Here’s another failed first rounder they’ve signed as project player. I can reveal that Joe Tryon-Shoyinka signed a 3 year, $12.89 million contract with the Seattle Seahawks and it’s broken down like this: $3.2M, $4.71M, $4.98M. Not huge numbers, so I believe the Seahawks will be comfortable with getting around 4-5 sacks a season out of him with those numbers.

• The Seahawks are seemingly trying to sign guard Will Hernandez, who reportedly has 14 teams pursuing him this free agency. The Seahawks aren’t his top priority, so I don’t believe a deal is imminent but Seattle could make a late push to sign him.

• Seattle has reportedly been talking to running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, which is interesting given the two backs already on the roster in Kenneth Walker III and Zach Charbonnet. It never hurts adding depth at the position but it could become crowded.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2024, 04:50 PM   #162
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 05-12-2024, 04:55 PM   #163
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 05-12-2024, 07:19 PM   #164
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Seattle -- Welcome to the latest installment of my “Morning Coffee” blog, Seahawks fanatics. In this blog, I have some tidbits, musings and rumors to discuss. I’ll be doing a weekly report on all things related the Seattle Seahawks. That could be an injury take, trade takes and even mock draft takes as the season progresses. Hope you join the discussion!

• The Seahawks have signed former Baltimore Ravens running back J.K. Dobbins, which was a surprise as they were pursuing Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Dobbins comes with more tread on his tyres and is injury prone, which is why Baltimore signed Derrick Henry last offseason. It’s a god signing for Seattle for depth coming at the cost of $2.5 million for one season. This signing would have been huge three seasons ago, now people have forgotten who Baltimore’s previous lead back was. Let’s hope he isn’t called in duty too much with Ken Walker and Zach Charbonnet on the roster.

• This one surprised me a little. The Seahawks have signed cornerback Bryce Hall to a two year deal worth $5M. I believe the Seahawks were sideswiped with Tre Brown and Coby Bryant leaving town. The front office believed Bryant would return and he didn’t; he went for a visit with Jacksonville and it’s very likely he’s signing with the Jaguars.

• On the draft front, I can confirm the Seahawks have scheduled private workouts with the following prospects this week; the list is unsurprising and one of them could very well be the prospect the Seahawks take in next month’s draft.
  • Jordan Burch, LE, Oregon
  • Malaki Starks, FS, Georgia
  • Mykel Williams, LE, Georgia

• Otherwise it’s been a quiet period for Seattle. I don’t believe they are signing any starters and while you can argue Chase Young and Joe Tryon-Shoyinka could be regarded as starters, they’re snaps in a rotational scheme beg to differ that designation. Seattle need a quarterback to backup Sam Howell and still need a kicker after releasing Jason Myers due to his performance in the divisional round. According to rumors, the Seahawks were interested in Jake Elliot but he has decided to sign with rival LA Rams on a 3 year, $24M deal. That’s okay, he went 4 of 8 from 50+ yards – would you pay $8m per season for a fifty percent chance at missing from beyond 50 yards? I’ll leave the answer with you.

Old 05-12-2024, 07:36 PM   #165
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Last edited by frappuccino; 05-12-2024 at 07:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2024, 07:44 PM   #166
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

• The Seahawks signed Mason Rudolph to be Sam Howell’s backup this season. They reportedly pursued Ryan Tannehill but they couldn’t agree to a contract so Seattle pivoted to the former Pittsburgh Steeler and Tennessee Titan. Howell played relatively clean last season. The Seahawks made no attempt to re-sign Matt Corral and Jimmy Garoppolo never took a snap as a Seattle Seahawk. Let’s hope Sam Howell stays injury free for their 2025 run.

• Seattle have found their next kicker. They’ve given Riley Patterson a one year contract worth $1.7 million. Last season, he went a perfect 8 of 8 with Green Bay. He went undrafted in 2021 but has kicked for the Detroit Lions and Jacksonville Jaguars. He boasts an impressive 89.3% success rate across 75 kicks throughout his career.

• The Seahawks are reportedly open to moving edge Uchenna Nwosu and have placed him on the trade block. His contract was restructured this offseason but he’s still a candidate the Seahawks are open to moving. He’s not in the final year of his contract, so they won’t be held hostage to a late round pick as they were with Dre’Mont Jones. However, the Seahawks are comfortable taking him as their starting OLB into the 2025 season but will listen to offers.

• The Seahawks have signed TE Irv Smith Jr to a one year contract worth $1.6 million. A second round pick in 2019 by the Vikings, he spent three seasons in Minnesota where he caught 91 passes for 858 yards and 9 touchdowns. In the last two seasons, he’s played significantly less and has caught only 19 passes for 117 yards and 2 touchdowns. Currently, I imagine Irv Smith Jr is no lock to make the 53-man roster and will have to fight for his spot during training camp. Seattle like second year Jaheim Bell and Noah Fant as their tight end duos.

• Otherwise it’s been a quiet period for Seattle. I don’t believe they are signing any starters and while you can argue Chase Young and Joe Tryon-Shoyinka could be regarded as starters, they’re snaps in a rotational scheme beg to differ that designation. Seattle need a quarterback to backup Sam Howell and still need a kicker after releasing Jason Myers due to his performance in the divisional round. According to rumors, the Seahawks were interested in Jake Elliot but he has decided to sign with rival LA Rams on a 3 year, $24M deal. That’s okay, he went 4 of 8 from 50+ yards – would you pay $8m per season for a fifty percent chance at missing from beyond 50 yards? I’ll leave the answer with you.

• The Seahawks are potentially looking to trade down in the first round of the 2025 NFL draft sources have told me. We don’t know what goes through the mind of Seattle’s GM, but I believe he would want more picks in the second and third rounds to bolster the Seahawks’ roster.

Old 05-13-2024, 05:37 AM   #167
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 05-13-2024, 02:01 PM   #168
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Last edited by frappuccino; 05-13-2024 at 02:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »