Home

Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

This is a discussion on Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2024, 04:21 PM   #49
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reviving the Boom | A Seattle Seahawks franchise story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Sheesh. The only bright spot was the guy who left with injury. Doesn't look good so far! Walker, who I think is a throwback to the 90's type of running back and really love, was solid on paper there, but you gotta hold on to the ball! Mecole also impressive there with a KR and a touch. Go Hawks!
Mate just wasn't my day. I could tell as I couldn't stop them driving on the opening drive.

Then Walker fumbles in their territory when i start to get going in the 2nd quarter. Well ****, the blowout was on the cards.

It's the biggest L I've ever taken on a madden franchise.

Last edited by frappuccino; 04-20-2024 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM   #50
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 04-20-2024, 05:49 PM   #51
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2024, 05:57 PM   #52
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 04-21-2024, 11:41 AM   #53
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 04-21-2024, 12:51 PM   #54
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Old 04-21-2024, 12:51 PM   #55
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2024, 04:43 AM   #56
MVP

frappuccino's Arena

Seattle -- Welcome to the latest installment of my “Morning Coffee” blog, Seahawks fanatics. In this blog, I have some tidbits, musings and rumors to discuss. I’ll be doing a weekly report on all things related the Seattle Seahawks. That could an be injury take, trade takes and even mock draft takes as the season progresses. Hope you join the discussion!

• D.K. Metcalf is ready to return to practice and expected to suit up against the Chicago Bears this weekend. Metcalf is considered Seattle’s best wide receiver with Tyler Lockett having been traded midweek last week. He’s a physical receiver which gives Matt Corral an excellent redzone option. In his absence, the Seahawks relied upon Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Mecole Hardman and Laviska Shenault to field throws from Corral.

• Talking of Corral. He had a bounce back game as good as you could have wanted. After struggling in the opener, he was on point against the Rams completing 14 of 18 for 158 yards and 3 touchdowns. Credit to Mike Macdonald for sticking with Corral, who is still getting accustomed to the environment in Seattle and now enjoys the advantage of three consecutive home games. The first is against the Chicago Bears where they face another rookie in Caleb Williams. He’ll be without one of his best offensive lineman. Charles Cross reportedly suffered a back strain in this morning’s practice and won’t be available for the Chicago game. Stone Forsythe will start at left tackle – which is quite a drop-off in talent.

• The Seahawks had a bend but don’t break day against the Rams. They only conceded 16 points but allowed Matthew Stafford to throw all over them after getting steamrolled by New England’s running game in the opener. Jerome Baker anchors Seattle’s 3-4 defense. But here’s the issue: The coaches don’t trust him. He played 28 snaps against New England and followed that up with even fewer (13) against the Rams. His inside mate, Kenneth Murray, has played considerably more downs. Murray recorded 49 snaps in the opener and 47 against the Rams.

With the Seahawks trading for Trenton Simpson, you can expect Baker’s snap count to decrease even more as Simpson gets inserted into special packages. If Baker wants to remain the starter and in Seattle for the future, he’s going to have to start showing something quickly.

• Seattle suffered their first major injury of the season in week 2 with defensive tackle Johnathan Hawkins going down with a partially torn MCL. According to medical reports, he’s going to miss at least five weeks. This will give an opportunity to rookie DeWayne Carter, who impressed in the preseason and has only 4 snaps in the first two games.

• Malik Mustapha was signed to the Jets from the Seahawks practice squad in week 1. Now, the Jets have stolen Pheldarius Payne from Seattle’s practice squad. He could have potentially been called up to the roster this week following Hawkins’ injury. Instead, the Seahawks signed rookie safety Cam Allen of Purdue to the practice squad.

• The first mock draft of fall has been released. Unsurprisingly, quarterback Sheuder Sanders went #1 to Tampa Bay. Carson Beck was taken by Las Vegas with the second selection. Seattle was mocked drafting quarterback Cam Ward with the 10th pick. Someone Seattle would love is edge rusher Abdul Carter of Penn State. He was mocked #9 to Minnesota.

Last edited by frappuccino; 04-22-2024 at 01:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »