Home

Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

This is a discussion on Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2024, 11:26 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

I just updated the slider set after testing out the new gameplay patch over the weekend. Below are the changes that were made to the sliders;

Game Style Changes
Stamina cost has been reduced from +28% to +24%
Damage has been increased from 0% to +2%
Transition speed has been increased from +30% to +50%
Submission speed has been increased from +15% to +100%
Cut resistance has been increased from +95% to +98%

AI Behavior Changes
Submission frequency has been reduced from -10% to -30%

The big gameplay changes in this patch were related to decreased body damage and long-term stamina drain increases. As expected, I did reduce the stamina cost slider and increased the damage slider to play appropriately with these gameplay changes. I also increased the cut resistance slider a bit to align with the increased damage. I think I have found the sweet spot for all of these sliders for now.

During my testing, I kind of went down a rabbit hole with the submission sliders. When I was slider testing with Charles Oliveira, I found that he was attempting way too many submission and it was taking quite a bit of attempts for him to submit his opponent. Sometimes he wouldn’t get the sub during the fight even with 8+ sub attempts. This led me to start tinkering with the submission frequency and submission speed sliders. I finally ended up at -30% submission frequency and +100% submission speed. The -30% sub frequency drastically cut down the amount of submissions that are attempted during the fight. If you look at real fight statistics, there are hardly any fights where fighters attempt to submit their opponent more than 3 times. The sub frequency set at -30% has provided a realistic amount of submission attempts.

I know the sub speed set at +100 may sound like it’s way too high, but it has really added variety in the sub game. With my previous slider set, I never saw first round submission in all of my fight simulations, but I am now seeing fighters with high submission ratings get first round submissions against fighters with lower submission ratings. It doesn’t happen all of the time, but these settings have added that possibility. I did a lot of testing with Charles Oliveira (99 submission offense) vs Yancy Medieros (85 submission defense), and Oliveira was able to get a few first round submissions on him. There were other times where he would get it in the 2nd, the 3rd, and a few times where he wouldn’t get it at all. When he would get the sub it was usually within 2 submission attempts. I also did some testing with Oliveira vs Nate Diaz (97 submission defense) and he was never able to submit Diaz during the first round. Most of the fights I simulated between them went the distance, with about 3 Oliveira submission wins mixed in there. There was one fight where Oliveira got the sub in the 2nd, but that only happened once out of about 10 or so simulations. Also, the highest number of submissions attempted was 5 for Oliveira in one of the simulations. I thought this was a huge improvement over the previous submission sliders, where sometimes I would see 4-5 submission attempts in one round.

Keep in mind, these sliders were tested on accelerated clock, so if you are using real-time clock, setting the sub speed to +100 may actually be too high, and could cause too many submission victories. I haven’t actually done this testing on real-time clock, but that is just my initial thought. I would think a good range for this slider on real-time could be between +50% and +65%. Feel free to conduct your own testing and let me know what you find!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2024, 08:14 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatsportz
I just updated the slider set after testing out the new gameplay patch over the weekend. Below are the changes that were made to the sliders;

Game Style Changes
Stamina cost has been reduced from +28% to +24%
Damage has been increased from 0% to +2%
Transition speed has been increased from +30% to +50%
Submission speed has been increased from +15% to +100%
Cut resistance has been increased from +95% to +98%

AI Behavior Changes
Submission frequency has been reduced from -10% to -30%

The big gameplay changes in this patch were related to decreased body damage and long-term stamina drain increases. As expected, I did reduce the stamina cost slider and increased the damage slider to play appropriately with these gameplay changes. I also increased the cut resistance slider a bit to align with the increased damage. I think I have found the sweet spot for all of these sliders for now.

During my testing, I kind of went down a rabbit hole with the submission sliders. When I was slider testing with Charles Oliveira, I found that he was attempting way too many submission and it was taking quite a bit of attempts for him to submit his opponent. Sometimes he wouldn’t get the sub during the fight even with 8+ sub attempts. This led me to start tinkering with the submission frequency and submission speed sliders. I finally ended up at -30% submission frequency and +100% submission speed. The -30% sub frequency drastically cut down the amount of submissions that are attempted during the fight. If you look at real fight statistics, there are hardly any fights where fighters attempt to submit their opponent more than 3 times. The sub frequency set at -30% has provided a realistic amount of submission attempts.

I know the sub speed set at +100 may sound like it’s way too high, but it has really added variety in the sub game. With my previous slider set, I never saw first round submission in all of my fight simulations, but I am now seeing fighters with high submission ratings get first round submissions against fighters with lower submission ratings. It doesn’t happen all of the time, but these settings have added that possibility. I did a lot of testing with Charles Oliveira (99 submission offense) vs Yancy Medieros (85 submission defense), and Oliveira was able to get a few first round submissions on him. There were other times where he would get it in the 2nd, the 3rd, and a few times where he wouldn’t get it at all. When he would get the sub it was usually within 2 submission attempts. I also did some testing with Oliveira vs Nate Diaz (97 submission defense) and he was never able to submit Diaz during the first round. Most of the fights I simulated between them went the distance, with about 3 Oliveira submission wins mixed in there. There was one fight where Oliveira got the sub in the 2nd, but that only happened once out of about 10 or so simulations. Also, the highest number of submissions attempted was 5 for Oliveira in one of the simulations. I thought this was a huge improvement over the previous submission sliders, where sometimes I would see 4-5 submission attempts in one round.

Keep in mind, these sliders were tested on accelerated clock, so if you are using real-time clock, setting the sub speed to +100 may actually be too high, and could cause too many submission victories. I haven’t actually done this testing on real-time clock, but that is just my initial thought. I would think a good range for this slider on real-time could be between +50% and +65%. Feel free to conduct your own testing and let me know what you find!

LOVE the lab work here!

I'm a real time clock player so I'll be tinkering all snowy day/eve!

I also like using your stats for 1p vs Cpu.
So I'll be fiddling with that too.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for your work man.

EDIT: I know your focus isn't 1p vs CPU (w/Real Time), but would you mind just throwing up a quick post with your new attributes IF they were set to REAL TIME clock? You can make it CPU v CPU, but just make them according to what you would lower them for if it was RealTime. (I can make my own tweaks to myself as the 1p)

It'll give me a good starting point.

Last edited by gbmbjj; 01-19-2024 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-19-2024, 08:40 AM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
LOVE the lab work here!

Stay tuned!

EDIT: I know your focus isn't 1p vs CPU (w/Real Time), but would you mind just throwing up a quick post with your new attributes IF they were set to REAL TIME clock? You can make it CPU v CPU, but just make them according to what you would lower them for if it was RealTime. (I can make my own tweaks to myself as the 1p)

I’ll be keeping an eye on what you do. I’m also tinkering with 1p vs cpu as well. My big change is hard instead of pro but still working it out
Old 01-19-2024, 08:50 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
I’ll be keeping an eye on what you do. I’m also tinkering with 1p vs cpu as well. My big change is hard instead of pro but still working it out
Excellent!

In fact, when I get home later, I will post what I've been using based on these tweaks for my 1p v CPU fights.

Great thread!
Old 01-20-2024, 01:39 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
LOVE the lab work here!

Stay tuned!

For sure, man! Since you brought this up, I decided to do some testing with real-time clock. I tested the same matchups that I did on my accelerated clock set and was getting comparable results. I'm even seeing realistic strike outputs and fights that go the distance, which were a few things I wasn't seeing much of before when testing on real-time. Below is are the sliders that I'm having solid fights with on real-time.

Game Style
Clock Speed: Real-time
Perks: On
Free Combinations: Off
Stamina Recovery: On
Stamina Cost: +22
Health Recovery: On
Damage: +2%
Transition Speed: +30%
Submission Speed: +90%
Grapple Advantage: Off
Damage Recovery: On
Doctor Stoppages: On
Cut Resistance: +100%
Referee Stand Up Timer: Normal
Instant Getups: Off
Disable Grappling: Off
Fighter HUD: Off
Grapple Advantage HUD: Off
Competitive Stats: Off

AI Behavior
Standup Frequency: -70%
Grapple Strike Frequency: -10%
Takedown Frequency: -20%
Clinch Frequency: -5%
Submission Frequency: -60%

These were tested with AI vs AI gameplay, so I'm sure some sliders will need to be adjusted depending on your play style. I think you mentioned in a previous post that you were getting good gameplay with the standup frequency at -40%. I found -70% to provide a realistic number of strikes per round and overall amount per fight with AI vs AI, but that definitely could vary 1p vs AI depending on how much you engage. If your liking it at -40%, I would just keep it there.

I decreased the takedown frequency and submission frequency a bit on these to adjust to the real-time. I think those are both in a good spot. I didn't reduce the sub speed as much as I was initially thinking. I began the testing at +50%, then moved it up to +65%, but both of those weren't working out. I wasn't seeing many subs at all and it resulted in more sub attempts than I liked to see. I finally ended up at +90%, so I think this slider is better on the higher side. I also decreased the stamina cost slightly, reduced the transition speed, and maxed out the cut resistance slider. Fighters still get cut up pretty good even at +100%. I haven't had a doctor stoppage, but there were a few fights where the doctor came in.

Overall, I'm really liking these real-time sliders and will probably continue playing around with them. Let me know how they play out for you and what adjustments you make for 1p vs AI!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2024, 10:12 AM   #46
Just started!

Quote:
Excellent!

In fact, when I get home later, I will post what I've been using based on these tweaks for my 1p v CPU fights.

Great thread!
I also use this thread for my 1p vs CPU fights and tried to adapt a little bit but for my own sliders (player) I’m not sure so it will be appreciable if u can share ur sliders. Thanks for advance

The _waterboy92 u can also post ur sliders, for help people like us who prefer offline game and realistic fights!
Old 01-20-2024, 03:26 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan31140
I also use this thread for my 1p vs CPU fights and tried to adapt a little bit but for my own sliders (player) I’m not sure so it will be appreciable if u can share ur sliders. Thanks for advance

The _waterboy92 u can also post ur sliders, for help people like us who prefer offline game and realistic fights!
Gonna start a separate thread to not take away from the AI vs AI which this is about.

Last edited by The_Waterboy92; 01-20-2024 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:14 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Gonna start a separate thread to not take away from the AI vs AI which this is about.
I don't mind other slider sets for other gameplay styles being shared here, man! Another thread for player vs AI sliders is definitely a good idea though. I will definitely check out your sliders and test them out also. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »