Home

Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

This is a discussion on Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2023, 06:41 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatsportz
Nice!

I'm glad that this set provided a nice base for you, man. I agree, I've found that the strike output slider is one of the most important settings. I had it set a -60 for a long time, but decided to lower it to -50 after I had a few fights where the AI stood around while in striking range for a little longer than I liked. At -50, I haven't noticed that hardly at all. I've had some fights that are extremely fast paced and some that are slower, so -50 is providing a good mix.

I think playing with the clock set on real-time is the way to go when playing user vs AI for all of the reasons that you mentioned. I made these sliders with the goal of producing realistic AI vs AI fights and after a lot of testing I found that accelerated clock provided the best gameplay when it came to AI vs AI. I did test these sliders on real-time and I wasn't seeing many fights go the distance. I even had the strike output slider set down to -70 at one point and it was still a rare occurrence for a fight to go the distance. With the clock set on accelerated I have seen several fights go the distance, but there is also still a good amount of fights that end in KO or SUB.

Since you are playing on real-time, you could probably even move the AI's stamina cost down to the 20 - 25 range. I've found 28 to be the sweet spot for accelerated. I've seen fighters not get gassed at all in fights, but I've also seen some get gassed toward the end of the 2nd round. It really just depends on the fighters stats and strike output. With that being said, on real-time you could potentially see some AI fighters get gassed early in the second round with it set on 28.

I would also change the referee stand up timer from quick to normal while playing on real-time. I have this set to quick because of the accelerated clock as well and even on accelerated the ref is pretty quick to stand the fight up.

Just keep playing around with the sliders and find what makes the game most fun for you, man. Let me know about any effects to gameplay that you discover from your modifications!
You my friend are a breathe of fresh air around here; there isn't much discourse on these boards, as I still have posts that have been sitting there for months with no reply still. :/

I welcome this sort of Laboratory Talk in efforts to maximize this game until the higher ups come in a start tinkering a bit more for us.

I believe there is a sweet to be found for players like me who have 0 interest in online competition and just merely want to enjoy a videogame version of my favorite sport.

That said, I agree with everything you just posted and will try those out all weekend when I plant myself in front of my TV and play.

Will report back and thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2023, 12:58 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. But I also fight very very much with a realistic mentality. I fight to try and not get hit which produces good results with these sliders. I知 sure I could cheese it but that痴 not how I like to play, so with my play style these have been awesome. Once again great work
Thanks, man! I do the same when I知 playing against the AI as well. I like to fight as realistic as possible and like the fighter that I知 using would fight in real life.

What difficulty are you playing on? I usually play on legendary difficulty, so I would be interested to see if the AI plays differently on legendary as opposed to pro. Anyway, I知 glad that you have been enjoying the sliders!
Old 12-16-2023, 01:21 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
You my friend are a breathe of fresh air around here; there isn't much discourse on these boards, as I still have posts that have been sitting there for months with no reply still. :/

I welcome this sort of Laboratory Talk in efforts to maximize this game until the higher ups come in a start tinkering a bit more for us.

I believe there is a sweet to be found for players like me who have 0 interest in online competition and just merely want to enjoy a videogame version of my favorite sport.

That said, I agree with everything you just posted and will try those out all weekend when I plant myself in front of my TV and play.

Will report back and thanks again!
Thanks a lot for that, man!

It痴 unfortunate that you haven稚 gotten responses on some of your posts. Personally, I really appreciate you trying out these sliders and providing feedback. I have thoroughly enjoyed the lab talk with you and everyone else that has contributed in this thread.

I realize a large percentage of the player base on this game is online players, but I totally agree that there is also a good amount of players that just want to get true MMA simulation gameplay out of this game. Hopefully, these sliders and our conversations about them can help provide the simulation experience that those players are looking for.

I look forward to hearing about the gameplay you get with those modifications this weekend, man!
Old 12-16-2023, 07:27 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Thanks, man! I do the same when I知 playing against the AI as well. I like to fight as realistic as possible and like the fighter that I知 using would fight in real life.

What difficulty are you playing on? I usually play on legendary difficulty, so I would be interested to see if the AI plays differently on legendary as opposed to pro. Anyway, I知 glad that you have been enjoying the sliders!
I play on pro! Usually I play on hard I知 not the greatest at the game haha. But your sliders on pro have been awesome
Old 12-16-2023, 02:02 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks a lot for that, man!

It’s unfortunate that you haven’t gotten responses on some of your posts. Personally, I really appreciate you trying out these sliders and providing feedback. I have thoroughly enjoyed the lab talk with you and everyone else that has contributed in this thread.

I realize a large percentage of the player base on this game is online players, but I totally agree that there is also a good amount of players that just want to get true MMA simulation gameplay out of this game. Hopefully, these sliders and our conversations about them can help provide the simulation experience that those players are looking for.

I look forward to hearing about the gameplay you get with those modifications this weekend, man!

So it's like this.....YES, lots of people play competitively and online, but LOOOOOOTS do not.

How do I know this? Skynet himself liked our conversation (above) which shows that they are appreciating people like us (and others) who are really digging into the engine they built for us in order to calibrate it nicely.

If must be nice for them to read conversations like this that isn't just bashing the game and calling out all the shortcomings (true or not). OR, have to cater 24/7 to fix or change something just because it is messing up someone's record or online promotion. That's cool and all, I get it, but it's tiring to only hear a small minority dictate what needs addressing, while the masses have to sit and wait for more broad things, like new positions, submissions, or even addressing glaring issues with current fighters. (like correct shorts or something)

Anyway, I digress...

They built a game with the ability to allow for these personal tweaks, which is what we wanted for a long time. So no surprise he enjoyed and acknowledged this thread.

I will be heading down to play shortly and will be updating this thread throughout the day/weekend.

I'm still 100% confident that this game can be an amazing 1p v CPU or CPU v CPU simulator.

Your preliminary findings have already proved the business model, it's just about tweaking some more from here....

...and of course, whatever EA has in store to build off of this foundation.

Last edited by gbmbjj; 12-16-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:39 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
I play on pro! Usually I play on hard I知 not the greatest at the game haha. But your sliders on pro have been awesome
That's great, man! I'm definitely not the best at this game either. I started on hard when the game came out and worked my way up to where I was having good fights on legendary.

Lately, I've been spending most of my time testing out sliders with AI vs AI, so it's been a while since I actually played the game. I will probably have to drop down to pro or hard when I start playing for myself again lol.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:00 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
So it's like this.....YES, lots of people play competitively and online, but LOOOOOOTS do not.

How do I know this? Skynet himself liked our conversation (above) which shows that they are appreciating people like us (and others) who are really digging into the engine they built for us in order to calibrate it nicely.

If must be nice for them to read conversations like this that isn't just bashing the game and calling out all the shortcomings (true or not). OR, have to cater 24/7 to fix or change something just because it is messing up someone's record or online promotion. That's cool and all, I get it, but it's tiring to only hear a small minority dictate what needs addressing, while the masses have to sit and wait for more broad things, like new positions, submissions, or even addressing glaring issues with current fighters. (like correct shorts or something)

Anyway, I digress...

They built a game with the ability to allow for these personal tweaks, which is what we wanted for a long time. So no surprise he enjoyed and acknowledged this thread.

I will be heading down to play shortly and will be updating this thread throughout the day/weekend.

I'm still 100% confident that this game can be an amazing 1p v CPU or CPU v CPU simulator.

Your preliminary findings have already proved the business model, it's just about tweaking some more from here....

...and of course, whatever EA has in store to build off of this foundation.
I agree 100%. Most of the comments that I have seen bashing the game come from an online players perspective. All games have mechanics that can be exploited when human players play against each other, but I think the potential for exploits are particularly worse in a game like this.

I think this game plays really well offline and like you said, it can certainly be a great simulation for offline players that enjoy user vs AI or AI vs AI gameplay. I hope that the information shared in this thread provides helpful info to players looking to improve their offline gameplay experience, as well Skynet and team to continue improving the game.

BTW, how did your gaming session go this past weekend?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2023, 06:29 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
I agree 100%. Most of the comments that I have seen bashing the game come from an online players perspective. All games have mechanics that can be exploited when human players play against each other, but I think the potential for exploits are particularly worse in a game like this.

I think this game plays really well offline and like you said, it can certainly be a great simulation for offline players that enjoy user vs AI or AI vs AI gameplay. I hope that the information shared in this thread provides helpful info to players looking to improve their offline gameplay experience, as well Skynet and team to continue improving the game.

BTW, how did your gaming session go this past weekend?
Played a ton this weekend, both sim and 1p vs CPU.

I took your advice with increasing the strike frequency since I use "Real Clock' I feel like -30 and -20 works; haven't settled on one yet. I kept going back and forth.

As for everything else for the CPU I simply put it on -5.

Obviously I changed nothing for me, Red Corner.

However, when it came to the other game sliders (overall ones) I did notice something that took a while for me to realize.

I couldnt understand why almost alll the fights were ending in those Walk Off KOs (which I LOATHE more than any other shortcoming this game currently has), and it was occurring WAY more than any other time I've played. Like almost every match.

Then I realized, I never changed back your settings which had Damage at 0. If I recall correctly, default damage is at -10. Which would mean each strike is dealing more damage at 0 then what is was originally at -10.

So that needed a tweak which resulted in less of the clean KOs and more drops that could be followed up with GnP for the finish instead. I plan to tinker with the DAMAGE setting even more to see if I can find a sweetspot....honestly, anything to avoid those 1 punch clean KOs. Those should be super rare, and not 90% of finishing a fight. It kinda reminds me of the old THQ games where the head damage would accumulate and ALWAYS ends a similar way; only with that game you could follow up with strikes.

(whoever at EA is reading this, PLEASE LOOK INTO THE POSSIBILITY OF ADDING A FOLLOW UP PUNCH MECAHNIC!)

I think -10 maybe even more, can help this game overall with that walk off KO stuff.

Lastly, I have always had my 1p vs CPU at the following stamina cost:

RED (me) +5
BLUE (cpu) +28 or +30

Even with that drastic difference, equal and realistic amounts of stamina are drained by fights end. (I sometimes even go 0 with mine)

This is a decent summary and enough of a foundation for me to go back in and play some more, and of course anyone else who wants to try these.

To be continued...

Last edited by gbmbjj; 12-19-2023 at 08:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »