Home

Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

This is a discussion on Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2023, 11:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Will do! Not sure about the AI tendencies because that would require doing each fight in fight now right? Or can you adjust in event mode for each fight?
Yeah, unfortunately event mode doesn't even allow you to select the AI style at all for any of the fights since all of the settings and sliders have to be adjusted prior to finishing the event. If you want to use the AI styles along with these sliders, each fight will have to be done in fight now.

Doing all of the fights in fight now is how I plan to do my universe, so I'm going to keep track of events manually via a spreadsheet. I really wish there was already a mode like this in the game so players that enjoy this sort of thing wouldn't have to jump through hoops to pull it off, but it is what it is. Hopefully they consider adding a mode like this in a future game.
Old 12-11-2023, 12:17 PM   #10
Rookie

I did a simulation of the co-main from this past Saturday with my slider set and then did a comparison of the actual fight.

The result was the same, Rountree by KO in the 3rd! The stats ended up being somewhat similar too. More significant strikes thrown and landed at a higher percentage in the actual fight, but slightly more total strikes thrown in the UFC 5 simulation. Smith was 0 for 2 in takedowns in both lol. Rountree won with a left hand in the actual fight and with a front kick in my simulation.
Attached Images
File Type: png UFC5 Rountree vs Smith Comparison.png (78.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 12-11-2023, 02:00 PM   #11
Rookie

Pretty awesome indeed.

When I first got the game, I played as Alvarez vs McGregor and the fight went almost exactly as their real MSG fight did. Thought that was cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2023, 03:32 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
Pretty awesome indeed.

When I first got the game, I played as Alvarez vs McGregor and the fight went almost exactly as their real MSG fight did. Thought that was cool.
That’s awesome, man! I love when stuff like that happens.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:09 PM   #13
Pro

What difficulty is this? Sorry if I missed it
Old 12-11-2023, 11:08 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
What difficulty is this? Sorry if I missed it
This is for pro difficulty. I accidentally left the difficulty out of the sliders. I have added it to the slider set in the initial post. Sorry about that!

That’s actually a pretty important piece too. All of the research I’ve done says that pro is the best difficulty for AI vs AI gameplay. Apparently pro difficulty is the difficulty that devs use to test out the AI, or so I’ve read. All of my testing has been done on pro and I like what I’m seeing.
Old 12-12-2023, 08:51 AM   #15
Rookie

Used these setting last night...I gotta say, WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

I never realized how much they engaged and punched and kicked etc etc until I reset the parameters with your settings.

So much sitting back out of range and picking and choosing shots. Meaningful and sensible takedown attempts, etc etc...

Very well done.

I am going to set the AI with these attriubtes too, and play against it to see if I can recreate that with 1p vs AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2023, 01:37 PM   #16
EA Sports UFC Developer

Nice work! Awesome to see when fans enjoy the game enough to put in this kind of dedication And I can confirm Pro is the intended difficulty for best AI behavior.

Also worth noting that for the AI Types, there are indeed 8 default template AI sets that are widely used across the roster, however that still accounts for less than half. Most fighters do use one of the custom AI Types, either bespoke to them or sharing with another fighter who's very similar to their style. With differences in moves, ratings, perks, etc. they still end up playing differently from each other and ideally close to their real self.

If you've got any feedback on particular AIs or broader AI behaviors, don't be scared to share it

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »