Home

Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

This is a discussion on Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2024, 10:51 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

Hi, everyone!

I just made an update to the sliders. A new patch came out this past Friday that included striking and grappling changes. There are a few sliders that have been changed significantly, but my testing actually began before this patch was released. I simulated a few events for my universe and started implementing a few of these slider changes based on some things that I was seeing. I did some continued testing over the weekend with the new patch and I’m pretty happy with the results I’m getting. Below are the changes that have been made;

Game Style Changes
Damage increased from +2% to +6%
Transition speed decreased from +50% to -45%
Submission speed decreased from +100% to +75%
Cut resistance increased from +98% to 100%
Referee stand up time changed from quick to normal

AI Behavior Changes
Standup frequency decreased from -50% to -70%
Grapple strike frequency increased from -10% to +20%
Submission frequency decreased from -30% to -35%

So like I mentioned, I simulated a few events in my universe mode and was noticing a few things that prompted additional testing and ultimately led to these changes. First, I was seeing basically every fight end in either decision or submission. There were hardly any KO’s or TKO’s happening at all. I ended up upping the damage to +6%. Anything below this was giving a very low percentage of KO/TKO even in 5 round fights and anything higher than this seemed to produce too many knockdowns and KO’s. I was trying to find a happy medium between the two and I think +6% is providing this for now. With the increased damage, I have reduced the standup frequency to -70% and maxed out the cut resistance at +100%.

In my last slider update, I maxed out the submission speed at +100% because initially, I was seeing some nice variation in submission finishes particularly with skilled submission fighters like Charles Oliveira. The max sub speed was introducing the possibility of 1st round subs. As I continued using the sliders, I was finding that too many submissions victories were occurring. In one of my events, three of the four fights ended in submission. I lowered the speed down to +75%, and I think it is in a better spot. Fighters like Oliveira are still able to pull off the 1st round subs occasionally, but there are no longer an overabundance of sub victories happening. I have also significantly reduced the transition speed to -45% and changed the referee stand up time to normal. With the previous settings, I was noticing fighters being able to transition on the ground basically at will. The quick transition speed was allowing for fighters to get into top control within seconds of the fight going to the ground. In real fights, the ground game is a struggle for position. I began experimenting with negative transition speeds and found that -45% was replicating the struggle on the ground that you would see in an actual fight. The significant decrease in transition speed also prompted the switch to normal stand up time. I was already seeing the fight being stood up frequently on quick with +50% transition speed, so the switch to normal was necessary.

Quick note for the guys using these sliders for user vs AI gameplay, I wouldn’t recommend lowering the transition speed slider to -45%. This would most likely make the AI way to easy to deny transitions. If you were finding the ground game good with previous settings, I would just leave them as is. I just like the visual struggle that -45% is providing for AI vs AI.

The last change was making a pretty drastic increase in grapple strike frequency by boosting it to +20%. Often I see fighters get a knockdown and then back off. This never happens in actual fights. Anytime a fighter gets a knockdown they quickly ambush their opponent to finish the fight. I was trying to replicate that in the game and thought if I increased the grapple strike frequency that this might help encourage the fighter to jump on their opponent and try to get the ground and pound TKO. This wasn’t the case, as I’m still seeing fighters back off after getting the knockdown, but increasing the grapple strike frequency has helped with producing more ground and pound TKO’s. With previous sliders, I didn’t see many GnP TKO’s, but now there have been several realistic ones occur in my simulations with the slider set at +20%. I also think the increase in damage has played a role here also.

Give these updates a shot if you are playing AI vs AI and let me know how they work out!
Old 03-31-2024, 04:42 AM   #50
Rookie

are you still updating this. I’ve been using your sliders and having fun but the newer fighters and their fighting style aren’t there. Just love watching realistic ai fights and would love for every fighter to be on this. I know you put in a lot of work into this already and I appreciate it
Old 04-01-2024, 01:29 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourz
are you still updating this. I’ve been using your sliders and having fun but the newer fighters and their fighting style aren’t there. Just love watching realistic ai fights and would love for every fighter to be on this. I know you put in a lot of work into this already and I appreciate it
I’m glad you enjoy using the sliders and styles for your AI fights!

I just updated the post to include the fighting styles that I’m using for Sean Brady (Wrestler II) and Jalin Turner (Long Range Striker).

I took a break from UFC 5 for a bit, but I did do some testing when the patch and fighters dropped and I still think the sliders are in a pretty good spot.

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2024, 09:04 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatsportz
I’m glad you enjoy using the sliders and styles for your AI fights!

I just updated the post to include the fighting styles that I’m using for Sean Brady (Wrestler II) and Jalin Turner (Long Range Striker).

I took a break from UFC 5 for a bit, but I did do some testing when the patch and fighters dropped and I still think the sliders are in a pretty good spot.

Enjoy!

DUUUDEEEE THANK YOU FOR UPDATING IT IVE BEEN FOAMING AT THE MOUTH FR. I genuinely appreciate the time and effort you’ve put into this.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:48 PM   #53
Rookie

Hey noticed Umar Nurmagomedov, Diego Lopez, Muhammad Mokaev, Geoff Neal, Serghei Spivac, Movsar Evloev, Brendan Allen and Chuck Liddel aren’t on the fighting style list.

Last edited by sourz; 04-23-2024 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:55 PM   #54
Just started!

I just wanted to say thank you Wombat for all of the information in this thread! I have used so much of what you have suggested and molded it into my own AI vs AI UFC 5 Universe (WCFC) ! We currently have 70 Fighters in 7 divisions from my Twitch and YouTube community and are currently working on getting Flyweight started with a goal of 92 Create a Fighters!

Most of the time I had a question or an issue, I would read through your thread and find the answer (or use the CAF Generator in your excel which is a godsend for making all these CaFs!)

If this isn't allowed, I apologize, but if anyone wants to check out my Universe (and possibly join up!), our website is:

WCFCLeague dot com

But a big thank you again! This thread has been a HUGE HELP!

Last edited by westcoast22; 05-05-2024 at 03:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »