Home

NHL 24 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2023, 08:11 PM   #73
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 24 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeywakey911
I agree, very confused how the game can be played at 15 min periods. I just played a game at 7 min periods and it took me 30 mins to play. I couldn’t imagine playing hour plus games. At that point I’d rather watch a live NHL game haha

At 7 min periods the stats looked great. Hits are a bit high, but Ill take that over years past where the CPU would only have like 12 hits
Agree no shot I would want to ever play 15 min periods , I mean at lets say an hour per game, Yeah not gonna happen
Old 10-04-2023, 08:17 PM   #74
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Agree no shot I would want to ever play 15 min periods , I mean at lets say an hour per game, Yeah not gonna happen
You guys missed the point on why I played 15 minutes periods…. But whatever…

Tweaked a few sliders and had a pretty good game. A 10 minutes one this time. But man they really have to do something about that PRESSURE system and that god awful Goal Celebration 😣😫

The SOG were more like Real stats but the hitting totals were still out of this world…

I’m looking at a 20 to 25 hits per team to be a good range…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0923.jpg (528.6 KB, 149 views)
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 10-04-2023 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2023, 09:00 PM   #75
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
Cool story. But those goalie options are going to be patched in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that. And if they do, I'll install it again and continue where I left off, which was 3 seconds into the 1st period.

The point was, they touted that they had changed it to where the options was put back after feedback from the community during the Test. That wasn't true. Then they said Oct 3. That changed as well and became "sometime after launch". Which could mean, as @gsize19 mentioned, 10 minutes after the game launches, to 3 months after (I mean we've seen EA take this long to attempt a fix at their game).

When it does though, I'll be right back in it. I feel no need to rush. There's too many games to play anyways, ever since September.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2023, 09:54 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
You guys missed the point on why I played 15 minutes periods…. But whatever…

Tweaked a few sliders and had a pretty good game. A 10 minutes one this time. But man they really have to do something about that PRESSURE system and that god awful Goal Celebration ����

The SOG were more like Real stats but the hitting totals were still out of this world…

I’m looking at a 20 to 25 hits per team to be a good range…
I think they need to give an option for pressure system and the bar under the players. I really enjoy it since it makes the game more challenging/rewarding to me though. Hits I’m sure you can get down with sliders.

Last edited by desouza7; 10-04-2023 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2023, 10:00 PM   #77
Rookie

The one part of this game that is absolutely brutal is the menus. The WOC menu is an absolute disaster. Also I think there is a huge glitch because the player details don’t update across all of your player types (pro, casual, goalie). It also makes you update everything for home, away, and alternate without letting you clone. I hope they fix that because it’s so annoying to do everything separately.
Old 10-04-2023, 10:14 PM   #78
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
I think they need to give an option for pressure system and the bar under the players. I really enjoy it since it makes the game more challenging/rewarding to me though. Hits I’m sure you can get down with sliders.

The pressure system is broken for an offline guy like me…. You just have to keep the puck a few seconds and the other team becomes zombies in their zone, incapacitated at an ugly rate 😣

As far as the bar, I don’t have that ugly problem since I remove the player indicator altogether… But I agree, it doesn’t look good at all.

As far as hits goes, I tried 2 games last night with both Hitting power and Hiiting assistance at 0 and the results were the same… Something is definitely OFF with the HITS detection… The last few years it was the other way around, you had to pummel an opponent for it to count as one.
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 10-04-2023 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2023, 10:32 PM   #79
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I’ll type of some thoughts once we get the patch on Friday. See how that goes!

Bunch of options missing in the settings menus.

Also, like mentioned, no Arcade, Traditional, Competitive, and Simulation slider sets. Yet the default sliders actually seem to be the “Traditional” ones.

No way that was the case in the beta!

But I’ve played 2 HUT Rivals Games, 2 Online Versus Games, and 22 EASHL Games with my Club.

Lets see how this plays out Friday.. Until then I’ll zip it. lol
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-04-2023, 10:45 PM   #80
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
The pressure system is broken for an offline guy like me…. You just have to keep the puck a few seconds and the other team becomes zombies in their zone, incapacitated at an ugly rate ��

As far as the bar, I don’t have that ugly problem since I remove the player indicator altogether… But I agree, it doesn’t look good at all.

As far as hits goes, I tried 2 games last night with both Hitting power and Hiiting assistance at 0 and the results were the same… Something is definitely OFF with the HITS detection… The last few years it was the other way around, you had to pummel an opponent for it to count as one.
Yeah, I am not even attempting to begin a Franchise as I am strictly an offline player. I hate the controls, and can't get by that at this point. I am not a skill stick guy and the total control is even worse... I have played some CHEL for the first time in 4 years just to get games in, but already bored with that. Drop-ins, you are at the mercy of how well the other guys play or wants to play. I have had some luck, but after 20 games, I am 8-12-0 averaging a point per game, mostly assists (4 G's 16 A's) as a dman man. I only pick dman man so I can at least help out on the back end, but have been grouped with players that I think are like me, just getting games in for the sake of getting them in until the Hybrid Controls are added, I see a lot of mistakes and errant shots (or lack thereof). I pick dman just so I only have to hit one button to pass if it comes to me...

Just overall frustrated at this point. I want to play this game, but as it is now, can't because it isn't enjoyable... So I will continue to tweak rosters and post another version of Franchise ready this evening. I have spent about 12 hours ensuring everyone is in the game, moving retirees and adjusting attributes, but have another 12 hours or more of taking a look at all players and adjust where needed. So I paid $100 bucks for early access to just adjust rosters at this point because I see no point going back into to CHEL...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »